Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cool Vids&Pics&Links Discussion Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Damn you, Dolan Baker, and your flawless use of logic! :mad: ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Conspectus wrote: »
    And 29% of fückwits got it wrong.

Tbf, how many of that 29% are just performing the art of urine extraction. ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

New Home wrote: »

It's in Australia though so it'll probably eat your face off.

:pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Ah, but you wouldn't mind, 'cause it's lovely-looking. :D I bet it carries a large knife, too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Wilberto wrote: »
    Tbf, how many of that 29% are just performing the art of urine extraction. ;)

With questions that simple and obvious i might have gone for the funniest option as well.
    If you have to use a lifeline for that, you dont deserve to win anything.
    So llamathrust it would have been.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Ah, but you wouldn't mind, 'cause it's lovely-looking. :D I bet it carries a large knife, too.

You call that a knife?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭Kat1170

QXpBB5p.png

Those snails are so sneaky!

Victor wrote: »

Motion to move this to the BAAAAAAWWWW thread. :o That baby is adorable!

Motion to move this to the BAAAAAAWWWW thread. :o That baby is adorable!

I was just coming here to ask, why is everyone getting their knickers in a twist about some kid cleaning a spot of dirt off a TV screen ????

:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

At that time, we did not believe in "adapting to foreign audiences", why would a British newspaper use American spelling, the editor would have changed it if the test was wrong!
    Also, if you were planning a polar expedition, you would seek out highly trained and resilient individuals, not whatever futureless ****w1ts responded to a suicide ad in the paper. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,974 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

seamus wrote: »
    Also, if you were planning a polar expedition, you would seek out highly trained and resilient individuals, not whatever futureless ****w1ts responded to a suicide ad in the paper. :D

To be fair, can you imagine an expedition full of experts full of their own self-importance. Who would do the unpleasant but necessary jobs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,805 ✭✭✭Evade

How else would you get the word out back then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,256 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Evade wrote: »

E9IcCuYuq5gZT_XUZbn5kjBFZUU=.gif

Kat1170 wrote: »
    I was just coming here to ask, why is everyone getting their knickers in a twist about some kid cleaning a spot of dirt off a TV screen ????

:D:D:D:D:D

MOD NOTE: YOU. BANNED FOR HEARTLESSNESS. :mad: But first, just to make sure, go and have a chat with the Specsavers people, k?

Butbutbutbut... what about those survival reality shows/I'm a celebrity get me out of here/etc? Like, they must be at least as dangerous as a Polar expedition... I mean, they don't ever have hairdryers, there, you know?

An ad on the internet, of course!

MOD NOTE: YOU. BANNED FOR HEARTLESSNESS. :mad: But first, just to make sure, go and have a chat with the Specsavers people, k?

Specsavers ?? But sure I can clearly see the smudge the child was instructed to clean off the screen. :D:D:D

Oh, ok, fair enough. You're banned, so. Especially for condoning child labour.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Maybe it's a decoy ad ?

That baby silencer? DEFINITELY one for the WTF thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

0136_a6ba.jpeg

Anyone??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,781 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

I'm guessing it's what a cat looks like when it gets wet. It's probably deeper than that though as is an Eastern cartoon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,805 ✭✭✭Evade

The text at the top にゃんぎょ is nyangyo. Nyan is meow and gyo seems to mean fish and imaginary according to google translate. So just a catfish pun?

EDIT: Nyan also seems to mean me so maybe if you use both reads it's "I (me) imagine(s) cat(meow) fish"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

I thought it was just a funny image, that the mercats look so graceful under the water but then look like drowned cats once they put their heads above the water.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Vojera wrote: »
    mercats
    Purrmaids...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,647 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

What’s on the crow’s neck that’s so bad? Just looks like a black mark on my phone.
    I guess in life there are just some things you're better off never finding out...
    Kind of wish i could go back to before I knew about this :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

What’s on the crow’s neck that’s so bad? Just looks like a black mark on my phone.

It's just the fact that crows have ears

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

The text at the top にゃんぎょ is nyangyo. Nyan is meow and gyo seems to mean fish and imaginary according to google translate. So just a catfish pun?

EDIT: Nyan also seems to mean me so maybe if you use both reads it's "I (me) imagine(s) cat(meow) fish"
    An alternative theory ...

2384_6da4.jpeg

7383_bb6e_500.jpeg

Epic fail?

More like...Epic Fake.

zjSJot5R_400x400.jpeg

• Advertisement

Tabnabs wrote: »
    DUNrzD6WsAA4UJw.jpg

Do you want to get robbed? Because that's how you get robbed.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Thailand's own Mr Bean. :D
    With Thailand's own Michael McIntyre...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 797 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

boombang wrote: »
    An honest self-appraisal of what it is to be an Audi driver.

Sorry about the grainy image. It was taken over my shoulder in moving traffic. I had to go full CSI to enhance the photo.

IMG_20180125_105835.jpg

What kind of driver are you?

MICKEYG wrote: »

You an Audi driver by any chance???

439780.jpg

GW500H375

Never go full CSI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

Maybe they were a passenger?

• Advertisement

Or maybe a passenger took the photo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Audi driver by any chance???

Considering that's a highly tuned RS6 (600BHP+) in the picture, then no. You'll very much be behind it.

ironclaw wrote: »
    Considering that's a highly tuned RS6 (600BHP+) in the picture, then no. You'll very much be behind it.

Tell that to the Prius driver

31thd5LfQqL.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

Badass driver that can take photos behind him while driving.

It's true that in shouldn't have been using my phone and I did feel a bit guilty, but I was only just pulling away from static traffic and I thought the folks over at ylyl might enjoy it (I crave the approval of others and wanted to get thanks).

• Advertisement

3429_2666.gif

Heart. MELTED!!!

7798_97cc_500.png

even funnier when you consider that many of the remaining words are based on the Germanic languages of Germany, Nederands and Scandinavian languages like Norwegian.

Plus the Hindu-Arabic numerals. Bloody foreigners.

Also, the whole concept of putting gaps between groups of letters to make it easier to read is an Irish invention.

Also, the whole concept of putting gaps between groups of letters to make it easier to read is an Irish invention.
    I'd not heard of that before, interesting!

https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2016/09/how-i-came-to-love-the-en-space/499337/
    We have the Irish to thank for the spaces between words. When Roman Catholicism made its way to Ireland by the fifth century, the Irish were given Bibles written by hand in the original scriptura continua Latin. Having never heard Latin spoken before, the Irish had an understandably difficult time reading it. The solution? When copying the Bible, they separated the words with a small space.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Suckit wrote: »
    xxcjMeu.jpg

#Nope!!!

J. Marston wrote: »
    xuvc0j7vmqc01.jpg

technically speaking they are dolphins not whales :pac:

technically speaking they are dolphins not whales :pac:

And their name is credited as a bad translation and should be Whale Killer

Spanish asesina-ballenas should translate with words in reverse order and not directly

Not that this would really help the defence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,708 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

why would portugal and ourselves be left off that european map
    I never realized ... Western Europe compared to Africa

DUA89SzW4AAes9v.jpg

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

silverharp wrote: »
    why would portugal and ourselves be left off that european map

It seems very selective alright. Also missing Sweden, Norway and Finland but includes the Canaries. Strange one

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement