Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cool Vids&Pics&Links Discussion Thread

Comments

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    It seems very selective alright. Also missing Sweden, Norway and Finland but includes the Canaries. Strange one
    That map was obviously intended for another use, countries of a trade group or the like.
    Whoever made the African & Europe comparison isn't European, otherwise thy wouldn't have chose such a map.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Maybe I'm being petty but the posts that are links to pictures on Twitter bother me a little bit. Unless it's NSFW I expect to see pictures in YLYL.
    If we start getting more links to Twitter posts without pictures then who'll think of the children?

Example:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=105965613&postcount=6404

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,115 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

milltown wrote: »
    Maybe I'm being petty but the posts that are links to pictures on Twitter bother me a little bit. Unless it's NSFW I expect to see pictures in YLYL.
    If we start getting more links to Twitter posts without pictures then who'll think of the children?

Example:

half the posts are pictures of text anyway, or text superimposed on some lame meme pic that has no connection to the text.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

23kbmo.jpg
    :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Award post.

They must work in Templemore. They teach you there how to take a Cu*t and stretch it to six foot :D:D:D

1516611322423.jpg?resize=640%2C426

look at his eyes, he knew exactly what he was doing! :pac:

Posting pictures of a TV show scene is really annoying. Yes we all saw that super popular show, we don't need the script

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Example:

Not great indeed. Screenshot takes 2 seconds with the right tool (Gyazo)

Links to facebook that you can only see if you have a facebook account or facebook taking away half you screen suggesting you sign in or up are the real winners though

They never get sick ??????:pac::pac::pac:

AcYlZhy.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,256 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Kat1170 wrote: »
    They never get sick ??????:pac::pac::pac:

The point was that they are never in hospital to heal others...(because they cant)

GreeBo wrote: »
    The point was that they are never in hospital to heal others...(because they cant)

:D:D:D:D:D:rolleyes:

full.jpeg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Cant find it but Russ Abbot did a sketch on a psychic.
    Like the Mitchell and Webb one on alternative medicine, but a lot earlier.

Tip-offs to the police, stocks and shares and telling a bookie to put his winnings on the next race.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Speaking of Russ Abbot
    this one could be for the BAAAAAWWWWWWWWWW Thread

An interview with the late Bella Emberg a
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/the-first-time-put-costume-10606291
    “Russ said he was looking for a fat woman who could keep a straight face,” she says. “That was fine by me. I was a straight actress in my 40s struggling between jobs.

“When I started on the Madhouse one person said to me: ‘The fat woman gags are wearing a bit thin’ and he told me I was likely to get the boot pretty soon.

“I told Russ and he said: ‘Oh no you’re not’. It was then that he came up with Blunderwoman.”

“Blunderwoman saved my career – and I still view her as a complete blessing,” says Bella. “After it ended in 1996 I couldn’t get work. I went for jobs and they’d say: ‘We’d love to hire you but you’re too well known with Russ’.”
    “I never viewed her as some kind of curse,” she says. “They say in showbiz you get seven years of fame, well I got 16 because of her. Once every few weeks I go and look at that Blunderwoman costume – still hanging up at home – and I feel nothing but gratitude.”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Example:
    My petty whinge is massive posts that you can't see unless you change the zoom. There seems to be a few of them per page.

:D:D:D:D:D:rolleyes:

Yeah, but it makes no sense...thats not even nearly the point the original post was trying to make.
    Psychics dont win the lottery because they never get sick?

You may as well have had:

Q - Why don't they drill for oil in Greece?

A - Because they already have greasy skin!:pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,265 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

No, psychics don't win the lottery because they're frauds without the powers they claim to have.

Same reason faith healers aren't found working in hospitals

Edit - actually, reading back, I'm confused as to which side of her misunderstanding you're on?

cdeb wrote: »
    No, psychics don't win the lottery because they're frauds without the powers they claim to have.

Same reason faith healers aren't found working in hospitals

Which is exactly the point.
    Hence, saying its because faith healers dont get sick makes no sense, hence my clarifying the original post in case they were confused and then I get told the "joke" went over my head.
    cdeb wrote: »
    Edit - actually, reading back, I'm confused as to which side of her misunderstanding you're on?
    I'm on the "her 'joke' made no sense in the context of the post" side :)

You never see either in hospitals is because neither ever get sick. There happy. Stupid reason, but one impossible to actually prove wrong :rolleyes:

Funny ? nope, but neither is 90% of YLYL some days.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I agree. Superpenis is Not Safe to Work For.

Some say he can be a bit of a d*** as well.

:pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

And his boss is an ass. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

New Home wrote: »
    And his boss is an ass. :pac:

I would have said his boss was something else but that would be a bit too vulgar (even for me!) ;) :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭Ewan Hoosarmi

Wilberto wrote: »
    I agree. Superpenis is Not Safe to Work For.

Some say he can be a bit of a d*** as well.

:pac:
    A real hard lad. :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

*Sour grapes*

Pft. It doesn't even have a number pad. :rolleyes:
    4268_11c2.gif

It probably has the "any" key, though. :D

So, which one is you and which one is Monday?

So, which one is you and which one is Monday?
    1986-07-22.gif

1988-02-08.gif

:mad:

But at least there are only four weeks of it.

But at least there are only four weeks of it.
    This year, but with 2020 vision I can tell it will be longer :mad::mad:

Dirty days hath September,
    April, June, and November;
    From January up to May,
    The rain it raineth every day;
    From May again until July,
    There's not a dry cloud in the sky;
    All the rest hath thirty-one
    Without a blessed ray of sun;
    And if any of them had two-and-thirty,
    They'd be just as wet and dirty.

James Craven

boombang wrote: »
    This is what I took from that ...

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42911769
    US police investigating the mysterious death of film star Natalie Wood say her husband Robert Wagner is now a person of interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Skullface McGubbin

Danny_B wrote: »
    20dic.jpg

Naturally, I decided to check this on Google Translate.

440481.JPG

And I also tried this...

440482.JPG

So I guess it was just a load of Tyr Lort after all :p

You didn't check the translation for Bae, by any chance, did you?

• Advertisement

You didn't check the translation for Bae, by any chance, did you?

He mightn't have, but I did. It just comes up as "Bae" for both. :)

Thanks Taylor (:pac:), I was too lazy to check myself.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

kbannon wrote: »

Yep, can confirm, its always the eejit in the red Audi/BMW :D:D:D

Sounds romantic.
    50 What dates?? :eek:

Look at the typo in the description underneath. ;)

To the initial poster though, that can be romantic too. ;) :eek: :pac:

Yep, can confirm, its always the eejit in the red Audi/BMW :D:D:D
    erm I've a red BMW

Wilberto wrote: »
    Look at the typo in the description underneath. ;)

To the initial poster though, that can be romantic too. ;) :eek: :pac:
    8da8c3cedf26999adb33fc0558c7c1fee7fdfab7989eec0ad1ce3113edbd5109.jpg

erm I've a red BMW

;););)

That link is great craic. I could play with it for hours. :D

If you increase the politeness level, the flow increases dramatically. Does that ban BMWs?

• Advertisement

That link is great craic. I could play with it for hours. :D

If you increase the politeness level, the flow increases dramatically. Does that ban BMWs?
    Feck off!
    Us BMW drivers are all polite ya git!

Feck off!
    Us BMW drivers are all polite ya git!
    Umm OK then. :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

boombang wrote: »
    ^^
    4d7.jpg

Funniest post this year :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,045 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

The original Wonder Woman (Lynda Carter)

458354.gif

Her stunt double you mean!

I wouldn't be overly surprised if that had been her:I remember watching a documentary about her and they were showing her training sessions, she was doing the same routines a gymnast would have done, so I don't think that ^^^ would have been beyond her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭snow scorpion

:(:(

DVT6rPgW4AAZr_G.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

qe8bdfO.gif

Weird Al did it better...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

4772_0b97.jpeg
    any help, I think I'm a bit slow today...

Minotaur / Monitor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭GBX

All the 'No Entry' signs :confused::confused:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement