Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cool Vids&Pics&Links Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Kat1170 wrote: »
    All the 'No Entry' signs :confused::confused:

That's just so so poor if thats the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

dan1895 wrote: »
    That's just so so poor if thats the case.

If so, then we win???????

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

3 in a row where I can't see the funny. Am I getting out of touch??

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=106081626&postcount=6619

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=106083515&postcount=6620
    This one - is it that the second hand price is more than the US or Canadian OMV? Could be in NZ/Aus/HK or any other place where they use $

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=106083566&postcount=6621

Lost.
    No penises that I can see

edit - add this one
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=106083951&postcount=6627

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Pawwed Rig wrote: »

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=106083515&postcount=6620
    This one - is it that the second hand price is more than the US or Canadian OMV? Could be in NZ/Aus/HK or any other place where they use $

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=106083566&postcount=6621

Lost.
    No penises that I can see

The book seems to cost more second hand than it ever did as new (in fairness, it could be a very old book).

The cosplay refers to Courage the Cowardly Dog, one of the most disturbing cartoons out there (I don't know how they ever thought it'd be suitable for children).

courage.jpg

I can't help you with the Santry one, except for what someone else suggested before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,523 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

New Home wrote: »
    Minotaur / Monitor

ah. There was me thinking it'd make sense if it was a lizard...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

It's the generation gap. The young guy has no idea who the older ones are and the older ones have no idea who he is. Not side splitting funny but I got a giggle.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

The older guy is the chap from Everybody loves Raymond. No idea who the younger "celebrity" is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,523 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Minotaur / Monitor

ah. There was me thinking it'd make sense if it was a lizard...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

The older guy is the chap from Everybody loves Raymond. No idea who the younger "celebrity" is.
    The young guy is Bo Burnham (sitting next to Ray Romano), and the older guy who burns him is the late Garry Shandling. It's from a 2011 episode of The Green Room with Paul Provenza, which was a talk show where comedians discussed comedy.

Here's an NPR interview with Paul Provenza about the programme. Also, the episode itself:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Older guy looked vaguely familiar but I couldn't place him. And I've no idea who the younger guy is. Does that mean I'm inter-generational now?

• Advertisement

No, just old. :D :P

:(

You're still younger than the people who were born before you, though. Glass half full, and all that. :D

:D

You're still younger that people who were born before you, though. Glass half full, and all that. :D

Not many of those left now though

I never said they had to be alive. :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

The older guy is the chap from Everybody loves Raymond.
    I don't love Raymond.

I don't even care.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I vaguely recognised Gary Chandling although I couldn't have named him. No idea who any of the others are.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    R39gTjk.gif

I immediately have the urge to binge watch The Soprano's box set.

Tabnabs wrote: »
    2q7wm11leue01.jpg

NNNNOOOOOOOo!!!!! MY EEEEEYYYYYEEESSSS!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭Ewan Hoosarmi

NNNNOOOOOOOo!!!!! MY EEEEEYYYYYEEESSSS!!!!
    An OCD disaster. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

They're all in order :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭Ewan Hoosarmi

Synode wrote: »
    They're all in order :pac:
    Check out the 4s and 5s.

They're all at sixes and sevens. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Check out the 4s and 5s.

God Damn it :pac:

Why won't they fix it!!! Ok seriously, someone show me the fixed one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,276 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Grid. wrote: »
    pancake-food-australia-gif-4290510.gif
    It seems like this would be a really efficient way to make loads of pancakes, but I've watched it for over an hour and the stack doesnt get much bigger at all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

DUA89SzW4AAes9v.jpg

Hmm. BBC made that image?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

No, it's the children who are wrong.

I see so many like that in YLYL lately, it's kinda frustrating.

What's the funny here? The road signs? :confused:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=106088138&postcount=6647

• Advertisement

Sign on left tells left lane users to merge to the right and sign on the right tells right lane users to merge to the left.

Yes. The signs are telling people on the right lane to use the left, and vice versa - where are people supposed to go, straight in the middle across both lanes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

I opened the wtf thread by accident :(:(:(

Slydice wrote: »
    I opened the wtf thread by accident :(:(:(
    That's no skin off my nose. :pac:

You went and put your foot in it, didn't you, Dolan?!

:pac:

7812_d031_500.jpeg

Yeah, yeah, we get it... You have a "Don't Panic" sign à la "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" in the car you used during your trip in space, very cool. However, it's not a Ford Prefect, and besides, pray tell, WHERE. IS. YOUR. TOWEL?!

(In this case, 42 is NOT the answer).

pray tell, WHERE. IS. YOUR. TOWEL?!
    It's in the glove box, along with a copy of the HGTTG.

bTdLqst.png

All is forgiven, so. :D

FtSMUH9.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,854 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

^^

the correct answer is 10 2+ (2x4)=10

screen_shot_2015-05-09_at_11.10.03_am_120157.jpg

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Bomdas only comes into play when there are brackets though:

2 + (2 x 4) = 2 + 8 = 10

No brackets it 2 + 2 x 4 = 4 x 4 = 16

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

...not sure if serious...

But in case you are, no BOMDAS does not only apply when there are brackets.

Brackets are the "B" in BOMDAS. Where there are no brackets, you then move onto OMDAS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

2 + (2 x 4) = 2 + 8 = 10

1306235605_men_in_black_putting_on_glasses_fail.gif

No, no it doesn't. The order is the same, the multiplication take place before addition.
    BOMDAS = Brackets, Order, Multiplication, Division, Addition, Subtraction. In that order.

Therefore:
    2 + 2 x 4 -> 2 + 8 -> 10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,854 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

2 + (2 x 4) = 2 + 8 = 10

giphy.gif

I went over this using Khan Academy with the kids a few years back and Im pretty sure they explained it the other way

also google gave an answer of 10

https://www.google.ie/search?dcr=0&ei=v4l9WpDZA4jCgAa81pXgBw&q=2%2B2*4&oq=2%2B2*4&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0j0i30k1l7j0i8i30k1l2.11322.14761.0.14897.4.4.0.0.0.0.121.378.2j2.4.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..0.4.374....0.r9g8JoLxn9I

latest?cb=20150929170911

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

e7de6f9ca280df2c88559a20fb78723a.png

Edit:
    Beaten to it.

Wasted time on the screenshot.

If you type 2+2x4 in the address bar while having google as default search engine,it immediately shows you.

(2+2) x 4 would be 16.

In fairness, Starlords gif is much better as honestly, I only remember brackets first, then just move left to right.

So, I will accept that I might have made a tit of myself with my gif, and approve of Starlords version.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Star Lord wrote: »
    No, no it doesn't. The order is the same, the multiplication take place before addition.
    BOMDAS = Brackets, Order, Multiplication, Division, Addition, Subtraction. In that order.

Therefore:
    2 + 2 x 4 -> 2 + 8 -> 10
    The thing I learned only a couple of years ago is that it's not actually "Multiplication first, then Division". Multiplication and Division have equal priority (as do Substraction and Addition), so when faced with a conflict you just complete the computation in order, left to right.

It's more like BO[M/D][A/S].

Thus,

10 ÷ 2 x 5 = 25

If you were to take BOMDAS as being absolute, you would do the multiplication first and end up with an answer of 1. But that's not correct.

seamus wrote: »
    The thing I learned only a couple of years ago is that it's not actually "Multiplication first, then Division". Multiplication and Division have equal priority (as do Substraction and Addition), so when faced with a conflict you just complete the computation in order, left to right.

It's more like BO[M/D][A/S].

Thus,

10 ÷ 2 x 5 = 25

If you were to take BOMDAS as being absolute, you would do the multiplication first and end up with an answer of 1. But that's not correct.

My Saviour?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement