Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cool Vids&Pics&Links Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭ballsdeep69

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

^^^

16e9b8ab253cb066fad8c8ce7b372abd--funny-baby-faces-funny-babies.jpg

Mod note: keith_sixteen banned* for making me yawn. :mad:

*Not really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Emergency fire extinguisher at Cape Kennedy
    https://i.imgur.com/uiLwc90.gif
    According to reddit, it's actually the sound suppression system to dampen (pun intended) shockwaves from the rocket engines and protected the equipment. It's activated routinely for every launch.

Which is even cooler IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,115 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

could we possibly get a separate "Vegan and right-wing gun-nut memes" thread? They deserve each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

loyatemu wrote: »
    could we possibly get a separate "Vegan and right-wing gun-nut memes" thread? They deserve each other.

Dont do that...the funniest pictures on the thread is the one directly after one of those posts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

the paint brush? seems more unfortunate than funny?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

osarusan wrote: »
    Photographer Angelica Dass, tired of the 'black, white, brown, yellow' descriptions of skin colour, and noticing that children actually used more descriptive and accurate terms like 'peach, chocolate' etc, began a project to match actual skin tones to Pantone colour tones. These are some of the 4000+ photos.
    More here if anybody is interested.

That is very cool :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

donegal. wrote: »
    knife-angel-alfie-bradley-8.jpg

Knife angel, made from 100,000 knives turned into police in England during a knife amnesty.

If that's not the Angel of Death, I don't know what is.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I'd make for a terrible doctor. I never even hit 'play' on those blister/cists etc. type videos.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

New Home wrote: »
    Knife angel, made from 100,000 knives turned into police in England during a knife amnesty.
    If that's not the Angel of Death, I don't know what is.
    ironic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Tabnabs wrote: »
    So, gold-forky-spoony-London-Steak... what am I missing with this?

No knives?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,448 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

No knives?

Ah...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

I dont get the Sarah O Conner one in the phonebook

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

dubstarr wrote: »

Arnie didn't get her either....

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭GBX

dubstarr wrote: »

The type font is done so a machine/robot cannot read it ... Think captcha on the tinternet

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

No knives?

now, thats ironic!

I reckon New Home is off today or bored in work! :pac::D

Just trying to improve the quality of the threads. ;)

But yes. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

inforfun wrote: »

Change the tags to [IMG][/IMG] & the file type from .mp4 to .gif & it'll work for you.

r5OJ62J.gif

qvgWG84.gif

We tried that before, TherapyBoy, but unfortunately, as you can see ^^^, it doesn't always work - I'm not sure why.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

TherapyBoy wrote: »
    Change the tags to [IMG][/IMG] & the file type from .mp4 to .gif & it'll work for you.

I know but some of them just dont work.
    Usually because they are massive files.
    Someone watching the gif thread on a mobile isnt going to have much data left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,254 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Funny-bear-at-the-zoo.gif

^^^^

anigif_enhanced-buzz-8576-1364895895-5.gif

From the Nope thread:

Guys thumb got blown off by a firework.
    Solution anyone?
    https://i.imgur.com/tisJCew.gif

IIRC, Yakuza (Japanese mafia) members get their little finger chopped off (can't remember the exact reason). If and when they get to leave, to stop them from being immediately identified as criminals, they can get their hand reconstructed in exactly the same way. ^^^

• Advertisement

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=106715824&postcount=7644

Well, obviously, it's a barbeque for people who follow a raw food diet.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=106715824&postcount=7644

Well, obviously, it's a barbeque for people who follow a raw food diet.
    I was going to post that it was a salad BBQ! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭Kat1170

They're safe enough if they're waiting on a bit of good weather before using it :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,265 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

I presume they're doppelgangers?

The last one is familiar

• Advertisement

Its strangers who look like twins.

Again my pleas for context on these posts fall on deaf ears :(

cdeb wrote: »
    I presume they're doppelgangers?

The last one is familiar

Yep - Doppelgangers.
    The last 2 pics are the same guys. They met on a flight and apparently either arranged or bumped into each other in a pub in Dublin on the same trip.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

GreeBo wrote: »
    Again my pleas for context on these posts fall on deaf ears :(

whut??

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    whut??

A post accompanying the photos explaining them would have stopped any confusion about why someone was posting photos of twins.

The original pictures had a heading that explained they were doppelgangers, I hadn't realised it never carried across, apologies for that.

whut??

:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

whut??

You'll need a context pic to accompany that text.

I suggest something in the vintage range ...

1454341153139569442.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,178 ✭✭✭✭josip

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=106758417&postcount=527

Real story behind this or is it a scene from a movie?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

josip wrote: »
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=106758417&postcount=527

Real story behind this or is it a scene from a movie?
    Cyclist with huge knife smashed off getaway bike in Cardiff city centre with police in pursuit
    Muaz Tarafdar, 20, was caught on camera being wrestled to the ground by have-a-go heroes
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/cyclist-huge-knife-smashed-getaway-14538889

^^^^
    Defending, Nia James told the court her client had a “significant difficulty with cannabis” and used “a joint a day”.

He was also said to spend £10 a day on crack cocaine.

Tarafdar, of no fixed address, was sentenced to six months in prison for the offence.

District Judge Bodfan Jenkins told him: “You had in your possession a particularly, if not highly, dangerous weapon in very dangerous circumstances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,779 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

^^^
    He must have had a significant difficultly sourcing his drugs if that's all he used per day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭FingerDeKat

^^^
    He must have had a significant difficultly sourcing his drugs if that's all he used per day.
    lol :)

1 joint and a tenner of craic...he has some self control :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

Christ to fook I nearly stopped breathing at the shampoo diving onto the toe in ylyl.

It was all calm in the house until I seen that.

I have to go make friends with the cat now.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Dunno what it's from, but those two arguing biker/red-neck/whatever dudes are seriously not funny.

Dunno what it's from,

There is your reason, probably

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

quickbeam wrote: »
    Dunno what it's from, but those two arguing biker/red-neck/whatever dudes are seriously not funny.

A way past the use by date. That's it, joke's done.

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.statefansnation.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2017%2F02%2FAlreadyDeadSimpsons.gif&f=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

quickbeam wrote: »

It's from a reality show called American Chopper, where a dad & son ham up their fighting for the cameras. You're not missing anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

DbCX2cOX4AEdDG2.jpg

https://globalnews.ca/news/4122985/donald-trump-approval-rating-fact-check/

For someone who goes on about fake news:

In contrast, a Gallup poll finds that based on a weekly average, Trump had an approval rating of 39 percent as of Sunday. That figure is lower than Obama’s rating of 49 percent during the comparable time period, according to Gallup.

Although I see why you posted it in the humour thread. It's amusing watching his bluster alright.

peasant wrote: »
    palm trees between dramatic rocks

448751.JPG

naaah..just particularly resilient seapink between stones

Hmmm, I wouldn't eat those carrots dude.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement