Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cool Vids&Pics&Links Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,381 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

https://globalnews.ca/news/4122985/donald-trump-approval-rating-fact-check/

For someone who goes on about fake news:

In contrast, a Gallup poll finds that based on a weekly average, Trump had an approval rating of 39 percent as of Sunday. That figure is lower than Obama’s rating of 49 percent during the comparable time period, according to Gallup.

Although I see why you posted it in the humour thread. It's amusing watching his bluster alright.

The Donald continuously quotes Rasmussen's figures which are outliers (and that's being kind). His average across all other polls is consistently less than 40%. His approval ratings since being elected have 17% less on average than the last six presidents. Basically, the meme is as truthful as one of his twitter rants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

inforfun wrote: »
    What a silly thing to do... brick dust all over her bike chain :p

donegal. wrote: »
    bump-traffic-sign-15689593.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

What a silly thing to do... brick dust all over her bike chain :p

I love the slight wobble of the camera towards the end of the clip as the person filming starts shaking with laughter. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,254 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    I love the slight wobble of the camera towards the end of the clip as the person filming starts shaking with laughter. :)

Even the two cats were like "wtf?"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

It reminded me of the gif of the girl that was being filmed by her boyfriend while she was vacuum cleaning the cobwebs in a distant corner of the ceiling, so she detached the tube part from the hose and reached up with the disconnected part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Wheres the funny in this one?
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=106834359&postcount=7805

Fake tweet reply to fake tweet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Kanye tweet is fake, trump tweet\answer is real.

So that i can answer.

Where the funny is, i can not answer.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

P45s and P60s are being scrapped for sure. Other than that I am a bit lost.
    Didn't KW tweet about DT over the last few days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭GrumpyMe

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=106834548&postcount=532

That's not Laurence O'Toole's in the first gif?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,642 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

This is so clever or else someone with far too much time on their hands. I’m hoping for the former. Regardless, very funny.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?ebc=ANyPxKqZ4Ug_5GQsTwpjADDBwqIIXC0Qg_GL3-u9o_ohJdcKtY0aJPqdii9IHhZxhzSORjjZK9Zpg79CvBBovAJxaa79UzcPtg&v=_zCDvOsdL9Q

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

This is so clever or else someone with far too much time on their hands. I’m hoping for the former. Regardless, very funny.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?ebc=ANyPxKqZ4Ug_5GQsTwpjADDBwqIIXC0Qg_GL3-u9o_ohJdcKtY0aJPqdii9IHhZxhzSORjjZK9Zpg79CvBBovAJxaa79UzcPtg&v=_zCDvOsdL9Q

He has an entire channel, and has been doing similar videos for years. Lots of Star Wars and NFL related stuff. His BLR of The Force Awakens has Mark Hamill guest voicing as Han!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,642 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

He has an entire channel, and has been doing similar videos for years. Lots of Star Wars and NFL related stuff. His BLR of The Force Awakens has Mark Hamill guest voicing as Han!

Tried clicking on the subscribe button, but it wouldn’t work. :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Try_harder wrote: »
    Mario link thing

negra-wtf.jpg
    you may have heard of CERN where they smash atoms and stuff. Well they had a side project by Tim Berners-Lee. It was one of many, but it was free for anyone to use. That's why we don't use the others from AOL / Micosoft. Hypertext Transfer Protocol aka HTTP://

And part of it was well, you know when some text is blue and when you click on it you go to a different web page or somewhere else on the same page ?

Guess what that's called :P

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. Clarke's First Law

Some of us are on stage 1 and others on stage 2 ;)

“I've come up with a set of rules that describe our reactions to technologies:
    1. Anything that is in the world when you’re born is normal and ordinary and is just a natural part of the way the world works.
    2. Anything that's invented between when you’re fifteen and thirty-five is new and exciting and revolutionary and you can probably get a career in it.
    3. Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things.”

- Douglas Adams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Some of us are on stage 1 and others on stage 2 ;)

“I've come up with a set of rules that describe our reactions to technologies:
    1. Anything that is in the world when you’re born is normal and ordinary and is just a natural part of the way the world works.
    2. Anything that's invented between when you’re fifteen and thirty-five is new and exciting and revolutionary and you can probably get a career in it.
    3. Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things.”

- Douglas Adams

And some of us are over 35...
    297.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

hvLnbF6.jpg

The irony!
    Yould have more chance of buying property in a commie country than in Dublin these days.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

The irony!
    Yould have more chance of buying property in a commie country than in Dublin these days.
    But you can't a decent cup of tea in those countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Eoin wrote: »
    It's from a reality show called American Chopper, where a dad & son ham up their fighting for the cameras. You're not missing anything.

Please,please ,please with a cherry on top.No more of them.I cant stand it.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Tabnabs wrote: »
    DcDch1HX4AA-6-U.jpg

Is this one down to the Super Six items being one lemon and 5 pears?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Is this one down to the Super Six items being one lemon and 5 pears?

It's Bon Jovi, Livin' on a prayer (lemon and a pear)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

vsH7oTYh.gif

What am I missing, as all I see is a pic, no gif

Quazzie wrote: »
    It's Bon Jovi, Livin' on a prayer (lemon and a pear)
    erm-ok.jpg

erm-ok.jpg

Woah, we're half way there
    Woah, lemon and on a pear
    Take my hand, we'll make it I swear
    Woah, lemon and on a pear

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

*Lemon ON a Pear

I watched waaay too much Catchphrase as a young 'un.

Yeah, I get the catchphrase. Just not seeing the humour.
    I'll stop being a miserable git now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

GBX wrote: »
    :cool::eek:

[Dingo eating shark / snake sex]

Sadly, it's a fake, two awesome looking photos composited together to make them look like it was one place.
    https://www.buzzfeed.com/bradesposito/dingo-snake-shark?utm_term=.aeROo51OD#.mkOVrOJVz

Oh well .. :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

What am I missing, as all I see is a pic, no gif

It's supposed to be a gif (or an mp4 on a loop, maybe), but it doesn't seem to be working on the "parent" site either - I'll see if I can fix it somehow, otherwise I'll just remove it. This happens quite often with IMGUR.

• Advertisement

New Home wrote: »
    It's supposed to be a gif (or an mp4 on a loop, maybe), but it doesn't seem to be working on the "parent" site either - I'll see if I can fix it somehow, otherwise I'll just remove it. This happens quite often with IMGUR.
    Remove the h from the end of the file name and it'll play. The h stands for Huge Thumbnail, a suffix that can be added to imgur images to get the thumbnail size you want: https://api.imgur.com/models/image#thumbs

I'll link to the gif as it's nearly 50MB, so not a good idea to embed: https://i.imgur.com/vsH7oTY.gif

I think boards could do with the ability to embed gifv/mp4 as they're a lot smaller than traditional gifs (12MB vs 50MB in this case)!

THANK YOU!!

Bootup wrote: »
    1Rrybv2.png

Ages ago, an old German flatmate of mine told me he was working as an accountant for Accenture - for months I was convinced he was working for a Centra... and I couldn't figure out why a local shop should have an accountant on-site. :rolleyes:

New Home wrote: »
    Ages ago, an old German flatmate of mine told me he was working as an accountant for Accenture - for months I was convinced he was working for a Centra... and I couldn't figure out why a local shop should have an accountant on-site. :rolleyes:

Ha ha that's gas. I remember I lived with a lad (never really talked to him and didn't stay there long) with a pure thick culchie accent who said the same thing (he was an accountant with 'A Centra')... he left a big pause waiting for me to go 'wow'... i was just puzzled thinking he was upstairs in some local centra office surrounded by nappy boxes eating a breakfast roll.
    I understand now.
    Poor guy, his accent lost him my valuable kudos.

I'll stop being a miserable git now.

You see it's a double meaning, like when expect one thing but are given something totally unexpected.

How about this?

yuj6c3dbhxqy.jpg

Anything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

You see it's a double meaning, like when expect one thing but are given something totally unexpected.

How about this?

yuj6c3dbhxqy.jpg

Anything?

Whoaa Oh, Black Betty,

PANDA LAMPS

Whoaa Oh, Black Betty,

PANDA LAMPS

• Advertisement

Whoaa Oh, Black Betty,

PANDA LAMPS

Whoaa Oh, Black Betty,

PANDA LAMPS

giphy.gif

GreeBo wrote: »
    Perhaps I could interest you in...

hSX7EIS.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

inforfun wrote: »
    air horn deoderant

Might be handy for sailors.

'Sure... It won't let you drown'.

Perhaps I could interest you in...
    I was face-palming the fact that locum-motion missed the point of the post he quoted...

I was face-palming the fact that locum-motion missed the point of the post he quoted...

Was I? Perhaps you'll be good enough to explain it to me, then.

• Advertisement

Was I? Perhaps you'll be good enough to explain it to me, then.

Sure !

He was trying to explain the humour to Seth Brundle.

You can tell this by reading the content of his post and not just skipping to the pictures.

How about this?

<Insert obviously distracting Panda Lamps picture here>

19am20.jpg

Sure !

He was trying to explain the humour to Seth Brundle.

You can tell this by reading the content of his post and not just skipping to the pictures.

19am20.jpg

OR... (And this was my interpretation)

In the first part of the post, he was trying to explain as you suggest.

And then he followed that up with a second, unconnected, part of the post, asking for an explanation of a different post that he didn't understand.

OR... (And this was my interpretation)

In the first part of the post, he was trying to explain as you suggest.

And then he followed that up with a second, unconnected, part of the post, asking for an explanation of a different post that he didn't understand.

I'd be pretty certain that my interpretation is correct tbh.

It would be beyond bizarre that the person who literally just explained the joke needs help with the exact same joke in their next post.

did you perhaps miss the "Anything?" at the end?

I'd be pretty certain that my interpretation is correct tbh.

It would be beyond bizarre that the person who literally just explained the joke needs help with the exact same joke in their next post.

did you perhaps miss the "Anything?" at the end?

Ah, I'd say you're right, I was just saying what I had thought at the time.
    I saw the 'Anything?'; it's what made me think he was looking for an explanation.
    Also, I didn't think the photo was an example of the same type of humour, so didn't think it was an example. Maybe I missed earlier parts of the convo that would have clarified for me, or something.

EDIT: I see now that "You see it's a double meaning, like when expect one thing but are given something totally unexpected." was referring to "Lemon on a Pear".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Or someone with too much time on their hands on their last day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

It's Star Wars day, so I'd say it was entirely meant/allowed.

It's Star Wars day, so I'd say it was entirely meant/allowed.

It was on Twitter first. the Heathrow Airport twitter account replied, so no doubt it was allowed to be done:

https://twitter.com/rosswilliams0/status/992327770276581376
    https://twitter.com/HeathrowAirport/status/992328356459925504

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement