Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cool Vids&Pics&Links Discussion Thread

Comments

guma-upala-na-sastanak.gif

Customer: I wanna buy a car?
    Salesman: yes sir, How do you want to pay?
    Customer: in Instalments
    Salesman: OK then we'll give you the car in instalments!
    Customer:???
    Salesman: here's the first part now:
    Customer: :eek:

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

jb1GY3F.jpg
    Any chance of a link to that movie?
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

• Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭Yester

TY9Q4p2m.png

Johann Spermbastian Bach?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Yester wrote: »
    Johann Spermbastian Bach?

Hope he doesn't put that in A minor.

milltown wrote: »
    Hope he doesn't put that in A minor.
    A very dangerous thing to go down t' pit!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

A very dangerous thing to go down t' pit!
    Did you know ?

If you drop a piano down a pit , you get A Flat Miner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,265 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Agreed!

I get the whole "Humour is objective" and "Don't give out about something that's not funny, because others might think it is", but I want to make an exception here as that is seriously single-digit-IQ pathetic. ("I tried to argue against something and a vegan proved me wrong" - like wtf?)

What is it with all the vegan (pro and anti) crap on that thread anyway? Why is there so much of it? Is it PETA spamming the internet or what's going on? People surely don't actually think it's funny - or do they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭blackwhite

cdeb wrote: »
    Agreed!

I get the whole "Humour is objective" and "Don't give out about something that's not funny, because others might think it is", but I want to make an exception here as that is seriously single-digit-IQ pathetic. ("I tried to argue against something and a vegan proved me wrong" - like wtf?)

What is it with all the vegan (pro and anti) crap on that thread anyway? Why is there so much of it? Is it PETA spamming the internet or what's going on? People surely don't actually think it's funny - or do they?

It’s one poster spamming the thread with their soapboxing, and a few reacting to it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,254 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

New Home wrote: »
    backflip-bird.gif

for some reason I have the airwolf theme tune running in my head now...

edwad-i-only-type-in-lowercase-because-i-hate-capitalism-1622929.png
    the work rythmes with duck

the work rythmes with duck

wha-.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭Worztron

^^^^^

OhpnaAe.jpg

frown.png

Source: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=106942442&postcount=7981

How on earth is that funny? The owner was clearly an idiot.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I'm pretty sure that was a kitten reply to my kitten post. He knew it wasn't funny, he even added a :( at the end.

But yes, we can all agree that the owner of that kitten was definitely an idiot.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

But yes, we can all agree that the owner of that kitten was definitely an idiot.

I can think of other words that may be more accurate but I better not suggest them.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I agree with that, too, Wilberto.

Nforce wrote: »
    I don't know who's worse..the folks who get out of their vehicle to view the animals, or the folks who are sitting watching and laughing

Nearly a Darwin award there.

edit: now on BBC news site
    http://www.bbc.com/news/video_and_audio/headlines/44086107/cheetahs-chase-family-at-safari-park

Suckit wrote: »

Poor, poor dog, being betrayed like that... that woman is a monster.

• Advertisement

That moray eel looks like he just realised he has left the immersion on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

I kept saying WTF? too.
    I think the family handled it well by walking calmly away!
    I wonder what the conversation was like in the car after... "those greedy lions they probably wanted some of our picnic yaw,".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,178 ✭✭✭✭josip

I kept saying WTF? too.
    I think the family handled it well by walking calmly away!
    I wonder what the conversation was like in the car after... "those greedy lions they probably wanted some of our picnic yaw,".

The teenager was a firm believer in the, 'you don't have to be faster than bear' principle of self preservation :)

3PjhXS8.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

josip wrote: »
    The teenager was a firm believer in the, 'you don't have to be faster than bear' principle of self preservation :)

3PjhXS8.jpg

I wonder if they had have started panicking and running would it have kicked in the hunt instinct in the animals. Funny though, the animals did nothing while they were head on but as soon as the family moved off to a different spot and had their backs turned, the lions heard them get out of the car and knew they could sneak up behind them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,608 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

I wonder if they'd been mauled or killed what would have happened to the cheetahs?

Stupid stupid people.
    You think you've met all the stupid people out there, then you realise that there's always a few more waiting to do something daft and be outed.

Did you ever see a film called "The Gods Must Be Crazy"? In its sequel, a bushman child (a little more than a toddler) gets separated from his family. While trying to walk aaaaallll the way home, he meets a not-so-friendly and rather hungry hyena, but he remembers that his dad told him that hyenas don't attack anyone that's bigger than them. So he picks up a large piece of bark and holds it over his head while he's running. The hyena follows him, but keeps its distance because it thinks that somehow that child has grown into something too big to eat. They're very funny, very sweet films, even though they haven't aged well (they were made in the early 80s, IIRC).

Anyway, long story short, I don't think that trick would work with large cats.

Damn you, Capt'n, damn your damned Futurama snippet, and damn this damned onion chopping factory we're in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,694 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

I've been on a similar 'safari' car trip in Japan. You were warned to ensure doors and windows stayed closed and locked at all times.

A few years earlier, a family travelling in two separate cars had tried to transfer a crying child from one to the other, and a grandparent had been killed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Big cats are not to be reckoned with, folks. :)

Truly beautiful animals though, if also a little terrifying. :)

I know you've cut your hair and you've dyed it blonde, but you're not fooling me, Eurovision Anne Hathaway!
    Try_harder wrote: »
    32392072_2155010841205864_161264919474339840_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=7dda0615138b208e5ca1be0b9cfaf8f2&oe=5B84A557

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I know you've cut your hair and you've dyed it blonde, but you're not fooling me, Eurovision Anne Hathaway!

fierce-hair-anne-hathaway_zia8mi.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭Yester

It's kind of cool when you don't understand the language but you know exactly what they are saying.

Edit; I thought I quoted the one without the subtitles.

474102.jpg
    Isn't this the way it's supposed to be?
    Obviously not from experience!

In the next episode: hell freezes over. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Isn't this the way it's supposed to be?
    Obviously not from experience!
    communist :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,805 ✭✭✭Evade

474052.jpg
    How else would you check if the barrel is clean? It's pretty much completely disassembled.

Ask someone else to check for you? :pac: ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Many of the YLYL pics just come up as blanks on my phone. Do I have to change something in my settings?

• Advertisement

No, it's a known issue with Firefox and certain images, you'd be better off trying with a different browser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

emo72 wrote: »

It's about the amount of people that put up a picture on Facebook of the pint/drink they've bought at the airport before going on holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

It's about the amount of people that put up a picture on Facebook of the pint/drink they've bought at the airport before going on holidays.

You forgot the passport, people definitely won't know you're going on holiday if you don't include the passport!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭blackwhite

You forgot the passport, people definitely won't know you're going on holiday if you don't include the passport!!

They'll just assume you're in the pub at 8am :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

It's really dunderheaded. It's the 'Hey, Guys! We're on holidays so our house is unoccupied if you want to rob it!' post.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

It's really dunderheaded. It's the 'Hey, Guys! We're on holidays so our house is unoccupied if you want to rob it!' post.
    http://PleaseRobMe.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Teddington Cuddlesworth

What's with the addiction one in YLYL?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,805 ✭✭✭Evade

Addition.

^^^That. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I guess we've found who spellchecked that poster.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement