Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cool Vids&Pics&Links Discussion Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

:D

Re-discovered, more like it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

New Home wrote: »
    :D

Re-discovered, more like it.

2d2tvr.jpg

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

RE-post. :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

RE-post. :D

I actually laughed out loud at that

Good! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭deise08

Have you tried to switch to the desktop site (either the responsive site version or the legacy one)?

Yep. Still no joy. Thanks for replying though.. will just keep moseying along.:)

Maybe post it in the helpdesk forum, they may have some suggestions in there. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

deise08 wrote: »
    Yep.. keeps coming up 'this site cannot be reached imgur......'.

I just ignore anything from imgur. It never works on my mobile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭wally79

deise08 wrote: »
    Yep. Still no joy. Thanks for replying though.. will just keep moseying along.:)

You could try installing the imgur app

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Anyone having issues with images loading, are you with Tesco Mobile, by any chance? They have Imgur blocked for some stupid reason. There are a few threads about it in their Talk To forum (and I've experienced it myself too).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Just on posts not showing up, has anybody had a thread show up as having a new post say YLYL and click but it doesnt load to the last post? I had the issue before (https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057752301) but it was never resolved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

GBX wrote: »
    Just on posts not showing up, has anybody had a thread show up as having a new post say YLYL and click but it doesnt load to the last post? I had the issue before (https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057752301) but it was never resolved.

Yes, this is happening to me too.

Yeah, the only way I can see the last post is use incognito mode. Then after a while it sorts itself. Usually happens in early evening time for me.

Ive posted it in the helpdesk so we shall see if they can sort it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭wally79

Vojera wrote: »
    Anyone having issues with images loading, are you with Tesco Mobile, by any chance? They have Imgur blocked for some stupid reason. There are a few threads about it in their Talk To forum (and I've experienced it myself too).

I used to be. That would explain why it’s not an issue anymore. You’d think I would have copped that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭deise08

Vojera wrote: »

Bingo! Tesco mobile is the issue so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Bootup wrote: »
    y8nst3I.jpg

Funny. But also - selfie cams usually flip the picture, sooooo

So does the mirror.

c9kMgtT.jpg
    The result of unsafe sex
    EGC607.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Tabnabs wrote: »
    frabz-One-does-not-simply-repeat-jokes-until-they-become-funny-1f7aa8.jpg

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

:pac:

Reminds me of the post about deja vu

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

it only takes one tree, to make a thousand matches...?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

DVT4OvVW0AAcb-2.jpg:large

What this from?

MOD NOTE: Moved to chat thread. This was Frasier's dad's chair, it's empty to show that the actor (John Mahoney) died.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,033 ✭✭✭✭bnt

dulpit wrote: »
    So does the mirror.
    I thought that was the joke - lazy commenters so busy looking for "something wrong" that they forget how mirrors work. Her tattoo is on her left side, but the left-hand picture was taken in a mirror, so it looks like her right side. :rolleyes:

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

What this from?

Looks like Frasier to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

What this from?

The father from Frazier died. That was his chair in the show.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,356 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

it only takes one tree, to make a thousand matches...?
    It only takes one match to burn the tree down :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 john1802

dulpit wrote: »

LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

Mod note: No chat and no quoting pics in YLYL - Moved to chat thread.
    454667.jpg

Ahem... block work

• Advertisement

Mod note: No chat and no quoting pics in YLYL - Moved to chat thread.

Ahem... block work
    Bricks.
    bricks-270x250.jpg
    Blocks

aac-bricks-500x500.jpg
    Know the difference :P

Lego.

You-build-it_image.jpg

Am I doing it right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

Bricks.
    bricks-270x250.jpg
    Blocks

aac-bricks-500x500.jpg
    Know the difference :P

I was referring to the block work behind the young one with the gun and the beers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Legos.
    New Home exposed as secret American spy!

RobertFoster banned because he knows too much I said so.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Legos.

Am I doing it right?
    No

It's Lego :P

Uncountable like sheep and fish.

No

It's Lego :P

Uncountable like sheep and fish.

But... I know for a fact that some are wont to send their former associates to sleep with the fishes... :confused:

Anyway, in this specific case, thank you for letting me know, I FMP accordingly. ^^^ :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NAwwwwHxRg

I'm not usually into things like this but my girlfriend recommended this and it's one of the most emotional things I've had the pleasure of watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Putinbot wrote: »
    The father from Frazier died. That was his chair in the show.

Where was that posted? Just wondering about the context it was used in?

I think it was in You Feels You Lose the day John Mahoney died (maybe the day after).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    I am guessing the ridges are exagerated here??
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=107333070&postcount=2202

I would have expected a much smoother world

Earth is smoother than a snooker ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

aNPwrEs.jpg

So+how+is+this+funny+_bd3cfc2baaabf7116d13bc78339f85d6.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,965 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Quazzie wrote: »
    Earth is smoother than a snooker ball.

Whilst widely quoted/claimed - that's been disproved repeatedly.

http://billiards.colostate.edu/bd_articles/2013/june13.pdf

Confusion arises because the rules defining the diameter of a snooker ball also define a tolerance of +/-0.05mm. People misread this as being the allowable size of bumps or indentations on the balls, but it's purely to do with how much from a "perfect sphere" that the ball is allowed to deviate by.
    (for reference - this is the equivalent of the coarseness of sandpaper used for sanding between coats of paint)
    The balls shall be of an approved composition and shall each have a
    diameter of 52.5mm with a tolerance of +/- 0.05mm

http://www.wpbsa.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/official-rules-of-the-game.pdf

Because (new at least :D) snooker balls are sanded and polished, the imperfections in the surface are considerably smaller than 0.05mm (as an example - the worst that the study linked above found was 0.003mm, and that was on a used ball with scuffs and scratches on it - that's a 0.01% variation from the diameter; the earth's variance at Everest would be close to 0.14%, and even greater at the Mariana Trench).

What would be actually correct is that, if shrunk to scale, the earth would meet the rule requirements to be used as a snooker ball, but it wouldn't be as smooth as the balls that are actually used.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,805 ✭✭✭Evade

Read the comments instead. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,805 ✭✭✭Evade

Read the comments instead. :)
    Still not seeing it but if it is the comments that are funny shouldn't that be what's in the post?

The comments themselves don't make much sense without the original tweet.

1. Uni of Reading Verified account @UniofReading
    We've had feedback over the last week that some people are unhappy with our plan to offer up to 14 scholarships to refugees living in the local area. To these people, we would like to say: Tough. Jog on.

2. Cat @CMaths3 5h5 hours ago Replying to @UniofReading @steadystuart
    Amazing! Promote whoever is in charge of your social media :D

3. Uni of Reading Verified account @UniofReading Replying to @CMaths3 @steadystuart
    Thanks mum
    10:07 am - 2 Jul 2018

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

2mBWxVH.jpg

Point of order. Korg is a Kiwi and doesn't qualify to run for the US presidency

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Point of order. Korg is a Kiwi and doesn't qualify to run for the US presidency

Point of order. Korg is an alien voiced by a Kiwi and doesn't qualify to run for US presidency.

• Advertisement

Point of order.

i-for-one-welcome-our-new-insect-overlords.jpg

or, if you prefer,

all_hail_our_new_robot_overlords_by_themarex-d4u5i68.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement