Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cool Vids&Pics&Links Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

GBX wrote: »
    My guess is somebody edited them on Wikipedia to be funny:

They failed.

Fucking miserably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,053 ✭✭✭blackwhite

dulpit wrote: »
    What's the story with the Richie Sadlier posts? :confused:

Someone edited his Wikipedia and feels the need to share with the world how hilarious they are?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

It would have been much funnier if they screenshot the "He famously scored in the third-place playoff against Spain" part.

Ci6gQwAWkAE91lr.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

It says a lot that the funniest thing on the page is something that wasn't edited.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

blackwhite wrote: »
    Someone edited his Wikipedia and feels the need to share with the world how hilarious they are?

Ah. Hilarious. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

MOD NOTE: Folks, just to clarify - some of the pictures embedded in Boards won't show on Firefox, for some reason, but if you were to open the URL on its own in a different tab then the picture would appear. We don't know why that is, but it's nothing to do with the posters, they aren't doing anything wrong. If you change browser you'll see these images (can't guarantee that something else won't go wrong, though. :/).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

New Home wrote: »
    MOD NOTE: Folks, just to clarify - some of the pictures embedded in Boards won't show on Firefox, for some reason, but if you were to open the URL on its own in a different tab then the picture would appear. We don't know why that is, but it's nothing to do with the posters, they aren't doing anything wrong. If you change browser you'll see these images (can't guarantee that something else won't go wrong, though. :/).

If only it where limited to Firefox. I'm getting this issue on Chrome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 608 ✭✭✭chocksaway

Ive the same issue with the samsung browser on android

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Internet explorer FTW

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Internet explorer FTW
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS1Q2qlWxv8xIDbfOiJw1CRzz4_z7gy7aZSsQNWCj1EW-41DHgd

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Maybe it's not them*, maybe it's you**!

*The pictures
    **The people who can't see them.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

So What's the deal with the polo thing.
    Lookin but not seein
    ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

So What's the deal with the polo thing.
    Lookin but not seein
    ?

The phrasing:
    "children and young people affected by #HIV at the Sentebale ISPS Handa Polo Cup. "
    As in the children got HIV at the event.

Shpud2 wrote: »
    The phrasing:
    "children and young people affected by #HIV at the Sentebale ISPS Handa Polo Cup. "
    As in the children got HIV at the event.

I assumed it was the random Enda Kenny:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭Kat1170

dulpit wrote:
    I assumed it was the random Enda Kenny

That's rule number one, always look for the prick . :-D:-D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Kat1170 wrote: »
    That's rule number one, always look for the prick . :-D:-D

There is more than 1 prick in that picture

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭scotchy

dulpit wrote: »
    I assumed it was the random Enda Kenny:confused:

I couldn't understand why it was funny either. The thought crossed my mind that the guy looked like Enda, but Didn't think it was actually him:o

https://www.independent.ie/style/celebrity/a-surprised-looking-enda-kenny-takes-to-the-stage-with-prince-harry-and-meghan-37159592.html

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=107634631&postcount=7899

Maybe a sad bollux to live in the last one, but a clever c*nt to live in the first.

Just noticed the twitter pages pinned tweet from 2016.. :)

Ronaldo pays his taxes. Be like Ronaldo.

He's the middle one.

Flat Earthers' Eclipse

What if the Earth is in this position
    1oz-gold-buffalo-head.1511193502.jpg

cft_2005_%C2%A31_edge_p26.jpginstead of this? :pac:

What if the Earth is in this position
    1oz-gold-buffalo-head.1511193502.jpg

cft_2005_%C2%A31_edge_p26.jpginstead of this? :pac:
    We'd all slide off?

• Advertisement

What, even the Australians? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭✭josip

What, even the Australians? :eek:

That's just a typical round earther's way of thinking.
    We're all on the same side of the coin in the flat earth model.

Wouldn't they be closer to the edge, though? Also, I've always wanted to know - what's on the other side?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,022 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Logic and reason.

^^^^^
    Fake

Also fake. It's "turtles ALL THE WAY DOWN", not "turtle". Or was it "tortoise"? Or even "terrapin"? Anyway, my point still stands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,276 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Also fake. It's "turtles ALL THE WAY DOWN", not "turtle". Or was it "tortoise"? Or even "terrapin"? Anyway, my point still stands.

It also seems to be missing an elephant, my money is on Great T'Phon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Still a cool pic, though.

TBH, I don't know whether it's real or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

not as fake as the "Moonset" a few pictures above it

• Advertisement

Still a cool pic, though. IMHO, anyway.

inforfun wrote: »
    ed8371420c0d7df5cda9bf7a10facadd.png
    Can we have some exorcism on boards too?
    Quoted post earlier posted than the original?
    That happened here a while ago when the servers got out of sync. :pac:

I hate it when there's a logical explanation! :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Virtanen wrote: »
    You can also do it with a quick-fire edit

See?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

You can also do it with a quick-fire edit

Woah. Mind blown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Burn the witch.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Oh great, American Chopper are making a comeback. We'd a nice run there of being free of them! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

DjWbpYhWsAAkOMk.jpg

The guy in the picture is probably thinking 'All I wanted was for her to fúck off to the party so I could play a little Witcher 3 now I have to spend an evening letting her win at Street Fighter. FML!'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Poor Hipster

Sand Grown Albino Broccoli....

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

I know it isn't real but drinking coffee and reading "artisan dwarf cabbage" at the same time has been proven a rotten combination on several occasions.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

inforfun wrote: »
    "artisan dwarf cabbage"

I read this without seeing the pic, and thought it was something entirely different...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Under His Eye

I knew straight away it would be a sprout.

Hipsters deserve everything they get. :D

Re the carrots, no need to separate them, they'll get grated together.

Funsubstance

Since loldamn and tickld changed their format, practically killing them. But hey, I can go back to xkcd. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭Frigating

The blank pictures in firefox will show up if you disable tracking protection (click the shield in the url bar).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,700 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Street Orientation? Can someone please explain.....

Street Orientation? Can someone please explain.....
    Some cities were planned and some just grew randomly over time, the more planned a city was the more likely the streets line up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,700 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Some cities were planned and some just grew randomly over time, the more planned a city was the more likely the streets line up.

But Dublin looks nothing like that! Or does it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

But Dublin looks nothing like that! Or does it?
    It's not meant to look like the city, but rather represent the compass orientation of streets and the number of streets with each orientation (line length).

This blog post by Geoff Boeing, the author of the research paper the graphs come from, explains it like this:
    Each of the cities above is represented by a polar histogram (aka rose diagram) depicting how its streets orient. Each bar’s direction represents the compass bearings of the streets (in that histogram bin) and its length represents the relative frequency of streets with those bearings.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement