Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cool Vids&Pics&Links Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

I’ve no idea about computer languages but I’m sure a talking dog would be more valuable and very unlikely to be alone even if it thinks html is a computer language or whatever.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Mmmm, sacrelicious....
    and only 100 calories a serving

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

glynf wrote: »
    For anyone wondering about the binary:

Panel 1: do me
    Panel 2: now
    Panel 4: p*ick!

* Cut off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

patmac wrote: »
    I’ve no idea about computer languages but I’m sure a talking dog would be more valuable and very unlikely to be alone even if it thinks html is a computer language or whatever.
    You have no idea how seriously nerds take this kind of stuff ;) :pac: It's like when American's call St Patrick's day, St Patty's day. There's no real harm done but you'd still be tempted to do time for them :D

The apple cake looks more like a tomato.

We are Centra?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

We are Centra?

There's an ad for the GAA sponsored by centra. People saying things like "we are hurlers", "we are the future", "we are kitmen", things like that. The last bit is the owner of a random centra saying "we are centra" in a particularly robotic voice, similar to daleks.

It's a bad ad

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

VKatWDH.jpg
    MAKE AMERIC- *cough*A *coughcough* GREAT AGA- *coughcoughcoughcough* Excuse me, AGAIN!

Wait a sec... does it say ASBESTOS behind the face of Trump and the Cyrillic characters? :eek:

Maybe that's what he's using to keep that peculiar orange hue of his... :/ Or does he use it for his hair??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 663 ✭✭✭CourierCollie

New Home wrote: »
    Wait a sec... does it say ASBESTOS behind the face of Trump and the Cyrillic characters? :eek:

Apparently translates as "Approved by Donald Trump, 45th president of the United States" https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jul/11/asbestos-trump-face-seal-uralasbest-russia

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

I dont get the Susan Doyle one

Simply a Russian, or a candidate for the Darwin Awards?
    486435.gif
    Well, I don't know about a Darwin award, but his **** days could be going left!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,176 ✭✭✭✭josip

dubstarr wrote: »

I'm trying hard to forget that one

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

The funny in Chris Eubank? Simply that he's not a dick, or am I missing something else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,027 ✭✭✭✭GBX

My take: Scroll one up and the "story" about the lotto winner finding love after 2 days. She's minted now so therefore lads and/or ladies be queueing up to love her as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Boyle.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

quickbeam wrote: »
    The funny in Chris Eubank? Simply that he's not a dick, or am I missing something else?

Putting an "old" parking ticket under his own window wiper to prevent a new one?

Actually works btw. Had a spare one in Holland on me all the time. Until the rain ruined it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

inforfun wrote: »
    Putting an "old" parking ticket under his own window wiper to prevent a new one?

Actually works btw. Had a spare one in Holland on me all the time. Until the rain ruined it.
    Looks to me like it says "own" and not "old". Rich person doing normal thing is the funny maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

It says own indeed.
    But why would you put your own ticket (permit?) under your wiper?

Or maybe i just see the "illegal" thing here because i recognise it as something i have been doing myself. Doesnt necessarily means he is doing it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

inforfun wrote: »

This is exactly it. "Own" or "old" doesn't really matter. Technically, his "own" ticket could just be an "old" one that he had received.

It even says in the article that he placed it there to deter traffic wardens from giving him one.

As for my similar own story, when I used to park in Cork City every day, I used to use the same three parking discs for an entire month. I'd scratch off the year, month and time, but would leave the day blank. It worked too!! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

They vary in size depending on class. The Predator is what I think of when I picture a military drone, they're still quite big:

091029-F-JZ028-619.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

They vary in size depending on class. The Predator is what I think of when I picture a military drone, they're still quite big:

I watched a youtube video on the surveillance drone 'Argus' about a year or two ago. Creepy as f**k, but cool at the same time. That thing was/is massive.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Shpud2 wrote: »
    Rich person doing normal thing is the funny maybe?

This was my best guess.

If it was his own (as in bought previously) then why would he be walking to the car with it?

Reads to me like it was his own because he'd just bought it, and was using it to deter parking wardens, because that's why we all buy a parking ticket.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=107740741&postcount=9485
    That will definitely work :D . Coupled with the cheap return flights. September/October return flights are as low as €50.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

We're up to 9,500 posts in YLYL 8.

I'm hoping the next thread name is named after this: YLYL 9: 4U2PN2.
    glynf wrote: »
    539775.jpg

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

We shall see. Canvassing (and bribery) won't disqualify.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

YLYL99 9999 9999 99: Es gibt keine limit!!!

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Nein!

Die deutsche Version?
    Let me hear you say yeah, yeah

https://www.musixmatch.com/lyrics/DJ-Flavours/No-Limit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,608 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

I nominate it as
    YLYL 9: The gweatest twead eva, wapped wiffin a wuvely twead.

But then, I would wouldn't I.:P

• Advertisement

Thread title submissions will only be accepted if accompanied by cake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I nominate it as
    YLYL 9: The gweatest twead eva, wapped wiffin a wuvely twead.

But then, I would wouldn't I.:P

YLYL9: Inconceivable! (Anybody want a peanut?)

tumblr_maxqdyJzPN1qf12z1o7_250.gif

[edit]
    OR...

Hello. My name is YLYL9. You filled my father. Prepare to laugh!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Lads write these down. It will save us having to think later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

no need , Hello my name is ylyl9 is a clear winner

Donegal, that's how you get banned.

:pac:

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    A Kerry version of this?

411T2TdvOtL._AC_SY400_.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

What's the deal with the Tallaght house thing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

What's the deal with the Tallaght house thing?

This I'd imagine
    https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057899809/1

m0yCj1W.jpg

Nah, it was probably packaged that way on purpose. You know, like crisps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Nah, it was probably packaged that way on purpose. You know, like crisps.

Can't tell if :
    giphy.gif

Or:
    giphy.gif

Well, you know, Capt'n Midnite was so negative, with his "half empty" and all that... why not "half full"?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Thread title submissions will only be accepted if accompanied by cake.

I think ^that should be the new thread title.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

'The vegan pics thread' would be a good title

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I think ^that should be the new thread title.

The-Cake-is-a-Euphemism.jpg

Jeepers, can you imagine?!?

And no, it's not a euphemism, as far as I'm concerned. I take cake very seriously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

YLYL9: Repeal the YLYL8th

Ha, so topical and hilarious!

:o Sorry

YLYL9: Repeal the YLYL8th

Ha, so topical and hilarious!

That's pretty good actually

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

boombang wrote: »
    RE SPROCK, surely:

SPROK.png

SPROCK checks out, it almost fits the original rules.
    The 1966 Star Trek “Vulcan Proper Names” Memos

YLYL: Episode IX – A New Home

Grid. wrote: »
    gif-weight-Backflip-4631273.gif

That's cheating, ducking down instead of lifting it up. :rolleyes:

But look at how he pivots around the centre of mass. :eek:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement