Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cool Vids&Pics&Links Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Warren is like 1/64th Native American and had described herself part native american socially, it came to light that when she worked in Harvard , they mentioned that she was a "women of colour" when explaining that they had hit diversity goals .

when she ran and won the senate hard line republicans claimed that she had lied about her heritage to get career advancement at the expense of genuine diversity hires.

Reality is she has proven that she is part Native american , if granted a very small part , and that their is no evidence that diversity targets ever played a role in her hire to Harvard , or that she represented this in any way during the hiring process .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Tabnabs wrote: »
    cna5zr6ctps11.jpg

I get the joke but could someone solve the actual equation for me please? I'd like to see how it's solved!!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

A double is a type of decimal number with (depending on the programming language) 15 decimal places (in C++). A float has seven decimal places.
    Programmers need to decide an appropriate format to ensure accuracy when developing software or working with databases.

I thought yerman was on the jacks and he was worried about either having a double flusher or a floater :(:(

I "work" in software development

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Sorry, Bud.

https://www.symbolab.com/solver/equation-calculator

Click on the fraction symbol and type in the rest of the equation.

Weis. Errrr.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Bootup wrote: »
    1ZdujBH.jpg

'Whore on the floor' sounds so much better.

Or 'whore on a door'.

"Drawer" is forcing a rhyme when there really isn't one. :)

Surely it'd depend on your accent! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭wally79

Wilberto wrote: »
    'Whore on the floor' sounds so much better.

Or 'whore on a door'.

"Drawer" is forcing a rhyme when there really isn't one. :)

Depends on your accent. Works for me

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

If you use the Americanism Hore it works. The Irish who er not so much

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Velociraptor.
    Philosoraptor.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

The Anna Livia statue* in O'Connell Street was known as the Floozie in the Jacuzzi, as well as the Whore** in the Sewer.

*now opposite Kingsbridge station

**Who-er

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,063 ✭✭✭Doge

Is it terrible that I want one of these?

Is it terrible that I own one of these? :P

Never gets used though, you can get them cheap on Aliexpress.

Pic was the guy in the subway with a retro phone plugged into his iPhone.

Doge wrote: »

I'd find them incredibly frustrating. What's the point of having one of those if you still can't slam the phone in someone's face when they're annoying you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

But "whore on the floor" i can translate to Dutch to exaclty the same thing and it also still rhymes. Will not happen a lot.

"Hoer op de vloer."

So whore on the floor it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,079 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Ron f*cking Swanson!

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,253 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

inforfun wrote: »

I dont think whoever wrote the caption realised what actually happened
    " these aren’t my chicks."

That was the bird equivalent of McDonalds drive-thru.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

inforfun wrote: »
    But "whore on the floor" i can translate to Dutch to exaclty the same thing and it also still rhymes. Will not happen a lot.

"Hoer op de vloer."

So whore on the floor it is.
    To quote a recent post...
    Kat1170 wrote: »
    384ba2960e9d731e5042442dc6fe9340--jack-nicholson-awesome-stuff.jpg

:D

GreeBo wrote: »
    I dont think whoever wrote the caption realised what actually happened
    " these aren’t my chicks."

That was the bird equivalent of McDonalds drive-thru.

Yep. Natural selection, but not cute or funny at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭KAGY

astrofluff wrote: »
    Tabnabs wrote: »
    cna5zr6ctps11.jpg

I get the joke but could someone solve the actual equation for me please? I'd like to see how it's solved!!
    No answer is possible as its shown. We'd need that expression to have an equal sign tomake it a equation, and as theres 2 unknowns we'd need another eqn too!

• Advertisement

KAGY wrote: »
    No answer is possible as its shown. We'd need that expression to have an equal sign tomake it a equation, and as theres 2 unknowns we'd need another eqn too!

Its clearly a fake as why would the 'student' also write the question?:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Is it terrible that I want one of these?
    Nope. If I had one I would use it. I've posted in the TA thread about how annoying it is speaking on smartphones. I use speaker whenever possible but when I have to put the phone to my ear it drives me mad because my ear puts it on mute so I'm yapping away and realise eventually that the other person can't hear me. To avoid this I pull up the keypad but then my ear presses all the keys and I'm having a conversation with what sounds like a terrible busker in the background.

The obvious solution is headphones and I've bought them numerous times but they get lost/broken and my dogs and parrots love to shred them so I've given up replacing them. Why can't smartphone makers come up with an option for a blank screen so when you put it to your ear you can have an uninterrupted conversation?

I'd still get it though because I'm a geek and I love gimmiky stuff like that :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,965 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Nope. If I had one I would use it. I've posted in the TA thread about how annoying it is speaking on smartphones. I use speaker whenever possible but when I have to put the phone to my ear it drives me mad because my ear puts it on mute so I'm yapping away and realise eventually that the other person can't hear me. To avoid this I pull up the keypad but then my ear presses all the keys and I'm having a conversation with what sounds like a terrible busker in the background.

The obvious solution is headphones and I've bought them numerous times but they get lost/broken and my dogs and parrots love to shred them so I've given up replacing them. Why can't smartphone makers come up with an option for a blank screen so when you put it to your ear you can have an uninterrupted conversation?

I'd still get it though because I'm a geek and I love gimmiky stuff like that :pac:

A company I used to work for had a division in France that distributed tech goods, with those handsets being one of the items they stocked.
    Think they were supplied to Amazon, it could have been another online reseller either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Paddy Cow wrote: »

You're a geek and you never realised that all phones have a proximity sensor that blanks the screen when you hold it to your ear? :confused:

They don't always work. I've paused or muted more conversations with my cheekbone than I care to remember. :rolleyes:

I now hold the phone differently and rest my cheeckbone on the tip of my fingers.

Hal1 wrote: »
    DpuodeZU8AAuK77.jpg

Shouldnt there be footprints and a 'shadow' if he also got covered in ink?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Shouldnt there be footprints and a 'shadow' if he also got covered in ink?

it was part of an elaborate plan so he could dress up in blackface :eek:

he wasn't standing next to the copier when he dropped it, follow the lines and youll see where he dropped it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,176 ✭✭✭✭josip

How did he get it on his face?
    Did he roll around on the floor?
    Something's not right

• Advertisement

ganmo wrote: »
    it was part of an elaborate plan so he could dress up in blackface :eek:

he wasn't standing next to the copier when he dropped it, follow the lines and youll see where he dropped it

The lines all, to me at least, start at the copier?
    So how did the ink get behind both sides of the copier and behind where he was standing and perfectly coat the floor?

Also, where is the cartridge?
    Shouldnt it be on the floor somewhere?
    If he picked it up we would have more footprints.

Looks far more like he threw it, at least once.

The lines all, to me at least, start at the copier?
    So how did the ink get behind both sides of the copier and behind where he was standing and perfectly coat the floor?

Also, where is the cartridge?
    Shouldnt it be on the floor somewhere?
    If he picked it up we would have more footprints.

Looks far more like he threw it, at least once.

see attached image, it explains why theres no trail but how it happened god knows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭GBX

The toner cartridge is the green part sticking out of the front of the copier. Looks like a normal laser cartridge rather than a bottle cartridge which would be more susceptible to going everywhere if you dropped it.

Are my eyes deceiving me: Looking in line down from the bottom right corner of the printer, the big gap on the floor. Does it look like a tyre/wheel/something circular in the gap?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,176 ✭✭✭✭josip

If he was giving it a shake before inserting it, it might explain how it got over himself.
    How do you go about cleaning up something like that afterwards...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

This is a combination of two unrelated pictures. The printer picture is old. It predates smart phones, so that can't be the result of this printer explosion.

But toner definitely can do that, and if you drop anything liquid, or anything that acts like a liquid (like toner) straight down on the ground, you'll be surprised at the force with which it comes back up again.

The printer picture itself is a bit sketchy. There's a layer of toner over the footprints. So unless someone was unlucky enough to come onto the scene of a toner accident and then drop another one, it may have been staged.

I think the angle of the photo is misleading (estate agent probably took it!)
    I think the 2 footprints are actually really close to the camera and he dropped it right in front of himself.

The scale looks off because of the camera angle, I think the 2 footprints are actually right in front of the copier.

• Advertisement

I think he was standing near the bottom right hand side of the photo, with his legs slightly apart, where the white marks are, with one leg between 3 and 4 and the other between 5 and 6 (if we think of the floor as a clock face).

josip wrote: »
    If he was giving it a shake before inserting it, it might explain how it got over himself.
    How do you go about cleaning up something like that afterwards...

Toner is conductive, it would kill s normal vacuum cleaner.
    Need to use a specially designed one

Worztron wrote: »
    464098.jpg

main-qimg-d269d4c2e233c93455da9b39fabc7a48.webp

Someone PC Load Letter'ed a toner cartridge i reckon.

Machine is too clean for it to have happened in the machine and if you drop a toner, there will be some spillage but nothing like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭wally79

Feck yis anyway lads

I just got an amazon email showing me all their novelty retro handsets

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Gorillas eat termites

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Gorillas eat termites

Gorillas agree with you :pac:

2kjj0x.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

7237_be48_390.jpeg

This would be funnier if it was a pizza and a pineapple...

;) :pac:

Wilberto wrote: »
    This would be funnier if it was a pizza and a pineapple...

;) :pac:

That's a good idea! I've never tried maple syrup on pizza... could be nice, depending on what other toppings are there. ;) :pac:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=108401594&postcount=738

I ssssooooo want!!! That's one of the coolest things I've seen in a long time!

New Home wrote: »
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=108401594&postcount=738

I ssssooooo want!!! That's one of the coolest things I've seen in a long time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,812 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

MOD: NO QUOTING PICS IN YLYL!!! And no gifs either.

:cool:

464187.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

joujoujou wrote: »

464187.gif

Can you link the video?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement