Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cool Vids&Pics&Links Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,253 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Fr_Dougal wrote: »

giphy.gif

Mod : No Gifs in YLYL. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

thanks from...

x6YvUNI.png

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

In fairness to her, she must've lost a huuuuuge amount of weight to have all that excess skin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

New Home wrote: »
    In fairness to her, she must've lost a huuuuuge amount of weight to have all that excess skin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUYwGDenmf0

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Suckit wrote: »

I'm not too sure what I was expecting when I clicked that link, but was certainly wasn't that! :pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I have a feeling I'd better not click on that at all at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I have a feeling I'd better not click on that at all at all.
    I'd use incognito mode to avoid the future video recommendations...

Video title
    140 POUND TESTICLES: Anger After Surgery for Elephantitis Leaves Man With 1 Inch Penis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

What is funny about the picture of Hope Solo?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

DMcL1971 wrote: »
    What is funny about the picture of Hope Solo?

It's in response to the "She's a gold digger" picture.

It's actually a very old joke now. Usually it's a picture of Hope Solo with the caption "If your girlfriend looks like this, she's probably a keeper".

In fact, the joke is so old that I think she's actually been retired for about 2 years (according to her stats on Wikipedia).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Wilberto wrote: »
    It's in response to the "She's a gold digger" picture.

It's actually a very old joke now. Usually it's a picture of Hope Solo with the caption "If your girlfriend looks like this, she's probably a keeper".

In fact, the joke is so old that I think she's actually been retired for about 2 years (according to her stats on Wikipedia).
    So why is she a gold digger?

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    So why is she a gold digger?

I don't think that's what the OP was saying. Just rehashing the same joke as the "Gold Digger" one, but replacing gold digger with keeper despite not actually putting in a caption as one wasn't needed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I think I am just thick but I still don't get it :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

The joke is
    she’s a gold digger

Then pic of hope = gold digger is a keeper
    Not hope is a gold digger

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Ak84

You are not alone.

if-your-girlfriend-looks-like-this-shes-probably-a-keeper-31098550.png

That is the normal joke. The poster just posted a picture of the same person (Hope Solo) without the caption.

It's essentially (or just is) the same joke as the gold digger one. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

That is the normal joke. The poster just posted a picture of the same person (Hope Solo) without the caption.

It's essentially (or just is) the same joke as the gold digger one. :)

What did I start lol ....

gozunda wrote: »
    What did I start lol ....

all the best jokes have pages of explanations...:pac:

Personally, I've always preferred Alex Morgan myself.

Alex-Morgan.jpg

:)

Now, now, Wilberto... What would Taylor have to say about that, hmmm?

Now, now, Wilberto... What would Taylor have to say about that, hmmm?

Ah sure, aren't we all allowed to have second favourites?

Taylor will always be No. 1. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,176 ✭✭✭✭josip

Personally, I've always preferred Alex Morgan myself.

But what's 'a Morgan' ?

josip wrote: »
    But what's 'a Morgan' ?

A Captain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

josip wrote: »
    But what's 'a Morgan' ?

One of these?

4480thheader2_2.JPG

That would definitly be a keeper :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Ak84 wrote: »
    You are not alone.

It seems i didnt get it either.
    I thought it was because there was a shadow in the shape of a willy and balls.
    :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Are you ladies from London :pac: :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,037 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Surely the time has come to have a separate thread for vegan/anti-vegan 'funny' pics? YLYL is ruined by these

Gaspode wrote: »
    Surely the time has come to have a separate thread for vegan/anti-vegan 'funny' pics? YLYL is ruined by these

I think it needs a new forum.
    I'm thinking "anti-social & not fun"?

GreeBo wrote: »
    I think it needs a new forum.
    I'm thinking "anti-social & not fun"?

vegan forum it is so :P

ganmo wrote: »
    vegan forum it is so :P

I don't know. If we do that then it'll just constantly appear in other forums through posters mentioning that they've posted in the Vegan thread.

:pac: :cool:

We don't really want to start restricting what people post in the thread. Can I suggest instead that you use the ignore function

Click on user name
    Add "user" to ignore list
    There is an ignore user function you could use?
    Worztron posts pics he thinks are funny. Do you?

Jesus said 'let he who is without sin cast the first stone'

Mod: Folks, we've gone through this before (see above). Nobody is forcing you to read those posts, if you don't like them just use the ignore function.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

wouldn't mind so much if they were actually funny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭wally79

wexie wrote: »

Well it’s You laugh you lose so by not laughing you win. I think

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,037 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Mod: Folks, we've gone through this before (see above). Nobody is forcing you to read those posts, if you don't like them just use the ignore function.
    Indeed, I appreciate that but there is a law of diminishing maginal returns that comes into play. I've lots of posters on ignore already and a page full of 'You cannot see this post because [losername] is on your ignore list' just looks pants and its getting worse.

I don't want to argue the toss on it, just a suggestion.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭wally79

Indeed, I appreciate that but there is a law of diminishing maginal returns that comes into play. I've lots of posters on ignore already and a page full of 'You cannot see this post because [losername] is on your ignore list' just looks pants and its getting worse.

I don't want to argue the toss on it, just a suggestion.;)

I get it’s annoying but do we end up with a sub thread for every topic someone doesn’t find funny?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

You cannot see this post because astrofluff is on your ignore list.

/troll

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

wexie wrote: »
    When did they stop being funny or are they just not funny to people who don't eat proper food??

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Can you post pics inAH? Would be hilarious to post the foot dangling out of the bed pic in the 'unnerving things that's happened to you' thread :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

You can post pics in AH.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

zEnhF9Z.jpg

Did you know ?

Bird's Custard has been egg free since 1837 , because Mrs Bird was allergic to eggs.

• Advertisement

yiz voted for the thread to be called 'so vegan' What did you think would happen???:pac:

I voted for the repeal the 8th option:cool:

yiz voted for the thread to be called 'so vegan' What did you think would happen???:pac:

You left out the most salient part of the name

"I forgot to laugh"

"I forgot to laugh"

Should have voted for a thread titled 'Vegan posts banned'. Had your chance - missed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭Kat1170

"I forgot to laugh"

You're not supposed to laugh :rolleyes::rolleyes: The hint is in the name YLYL !!!! :(:(

astrofluff wrote: »
    You cannot see this post because astrofluff is on your ignore list.

/troll

Mod: Astrofluff banned for this blatant admission to being a troll.
    Nah, not really.

Kat1170 wrote: »
    You're not supposed to laugh :rolleyes::rolleyes: The hint is in the name YLYL !!!! :(:(

Yeah, but its supposed to be hard not to laugh...

• Advertisement

Should be called YLYPV - You Laugh You're Probably Vegan

Should be called YLYPV - You Laugh You're Probably Vegan

Done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Done

Was wondering what on earth was going on ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

LEIN wrote: »
    Was wondering what on earth was going on ..

Uh oh. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Here was me looking at the thread title trying to figure it was it always like that and I just never noticed or did something change.

Glad I came here to check
    When did they stop being funny or are they just not funny to people who don't eat proper food??
    Which ones? The pro or anti vegan ones? ( I think some of the meat eating ones are funny if that helps?)

14485079_1251197998286371_7891968412884054704_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=35482343d8d4e48fa60ba509859af6a2&oe=5C80D036

Can't imagine pro life jokes would have been much better than vegan ones to be honest :( At least meat eating jokes can be a bit funny, abortion jokes....

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement