Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cool Vids&Pics&Links Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Done

It just got better :D

wexie wrote: »
    Here was me looking at the thread title trying to figure it was it always like that and I just never noticed or did something change. Glad I came here to check
    Which ones? The pro or anti vegan ones? ( I think some of the meat eating ones are funny if that helps?) ...Can't imagine pro life jokes would have been much better than vegan ones to be honest :( At least meat eating jokes can be a bit funny, abortion jokes....

I'm just came across this ... tell me it's not funny I dare ya ... :pac:

2l2688.jpg

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

In fairness, that's just stupid, not vegan.

New Home wrote: »
    In fairness, that's just stupid, not vegan.

Getting upset about a non-vegan hotdog costume is both funny and stupid tbh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

gozunda wrote: »
    I'm just came across this ... tell me it's not funny I dare ya ... :pac:

d923d241d4fc11a50b10d9603616c8f5.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

If ever a post needed the RDj meme "don't go full retard" that one does.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

On a different note, there's no way that's a child's handwriting on that homework/essay.

Easy peasy (provided peas are allowed) - no caffeinated drinks that had to be brewed in hot water to be produced, regardless of their current temperature.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

That photo of the Gaza protester is just fantastic.
    Find it in the cool pics thread.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Worztron wrote: »
    464716.jpg

An inbred pigeon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,253 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

mike_ie wrote: »
    Before the HSA, natural selection reigned supreme.

sGiI8I1l.jpg

Is it just me or is someone in the process of being selected?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

GreeBo wrote: »

Nah, back then kids just bounced and got right back up. Not a snowflake among them. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Quazzie wrote: »
    You're a geek and you never realised that all phones have a proximity sensor that blanks the screen when you hold it to your ear? :confused:
    Nope never realised that and maybe geek was the wrong work - I like gimmicky things. Sorry if I've offended geeks by claiming geek status :p

GreeBo wrote: »
    That looks very fake!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,253 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

ahh I just figured it out!

There are swings dotted around that frame (just in case it wasnt dangerous enough!)
    The levitating witch/girl on the left is actually mid swing, same for the floating demon/boy in the middle

...or are they?!.... :eek:

9035_7095_600.jpeg

Is that Will Wheaton?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

3664_3ed4_500.jpeg

Romule?

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Romule?

People called Remanes, they go, the house.

Tabnabs wrote: »
    ct7jlgn6m4v11.jpg

Reminds me of this
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077147/quotes
    In 1966 the Rutles faced the biggest threat to their careers. Nasty in a widely quoted interview had apparently claimed that the Rutles were bigger than God, and was reported to have gone on to say that God had never had a hit record. The story spread like wildfire in America. Many fans burnt their albums, many more burnt their fingers attempting to burn their albums. Album sales skyrocketed, People were buying them just to burn them.

Exactly! Regardless of whether the seats were full or not, the artist still got paid for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭Kat1170

^^^^^^^^

Easy knowing he didn't have to use Ticketmaster :mad::mad::mad:

That also crossed my mind. And I bet ge got one of his minions to do it for him.

• Advertisement

it turns out... if a mathematical theorem can't be proved, that means it can't be disproved either, which means that there is no counter example to disprove the theorem, which means the theorem must be true, only it can't be proved to be true, even though we just proved it was true by showing there was no proof....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

GBX wrote: »
    Jerk Chicken perhaps ... :pac::D

45242497_2044702605568833_6198725886552834048_n.png?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=c5104fe42aaf6950d3b741ca0daa22de&oe=5C823B27

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Worztron wrote: »
    Kill dogs or cats: Careless/unfortunate driver, or a vet
    Kill cows, pigs, chickens: Butcher, or a vet
    Kill no animals: Most people

It's the way you kill 'em! [/Frank Carson]

0421_28ee.jpeg

"Over my dead body!"

• Advertisement

the first few paragraphs from the article to go with that:

The Man Who Will Be King
    Prince Charles is a most uncommon bloke

Monday, May 15, 1978

If Charles Philip Arthur George Mount-batten-Windsor did not exist, who could invent him? Consider. He can pilot a jet fighter and knows enough about helicopters to help repair them. He has skippered a Royal Navy minesweeper through North Atlantic gales with the skill of a yachtsman handling a racing sloop. He plays an aggressive, three-plus-handicap game of polo and is a qualified paratrooper. He is a gifted amateur cellist who can be moved to tears while listening to the music of Berlioz. He has scuba-dived in the Caribbean, schussed down Alps, sambaed into the night with Brazilian beauties. A keen student of history, he can discourse persuasively on the neglected virtues of his ancestor King George III, and is host and interviewer on a TV series on anthropology.

Conservatively estimated, his income is about $420,000 a year. He is master of a stately home on 3,000 acres in Kent, which he calls "the most desirable bachelor pad in Europe." He has a mischievous, urbane wit, an infectious smile.

(See Kate Middleton's Fashion Evolution.)

At 29, he is trim (5 ft. 11 in., 154 Ibs.) and — yes — unmarried. As if this were not enough to thrill every mother (and every mother's daughter) in the entire United Kingdom, His Royal Highness the Prince of Wales, Duke of Cornwall and Rothesay, Earl of Chester and Carrick, Baron of Renfrew, Lord of the Isles and Great Steward of Scotland, is also heir to the classiest preserve of royal pomp and privilege left on earth: the British throne.

Given the robust good health of his mother Queen Elizabeth, chances are that it will be some years before Bonnie Prince Charlie becomes King. But as he approaches his 30th birthday (Nov. 14), this scion of the House of Windsor has clearly come into his own, not so much a monarch in waiting as a mature royal Prince who is a man of his times despite those anachronistic titles.

http://content.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,948114,00.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,679 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

But still talks to plants

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,947 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Don't often post on the discussion thread but as one of the few threads I actively followed on boards in all its iterations, I'm unsubbing from the YLYL threads.
    The constant harping on by both Vegan and Omnivore is becoming more irritating than tiresome at this stage.
    2 posters on ignore, 1 of whom in most other of their posts I find to be an articulate and well reasoned poster and still I find myself looking at psuedo-vegan ****e on a near daily basis.
    Thanks to the regular posters who raised a laugh over the years and peace out!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Cheerio then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

banie01 wrote: »
    Don't often post on the discussion thread but as one of the few threads I actively followed on boards in all its iterations, I'm unsubbing from the YLYL threads.
    The constant harping on by both Vegan and Omnivore is becoming more irritating than tiresome at this stage.
    2 posters on ignore, 1 of whom in most other of their posts I find to be an articulate and well reasoned poster and still I find myself looking at psuedo-vegan ****e on a near daily basis.

need to have their own thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

major bill wrote: »
    need to have their own thread.

That’ll only end in a fight. As it is other posts move the thing along

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

banie01 wrote: »
    That's the most articulate rage quit I've ever seen.......you'll be back :p

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

I always get a chuckle out of the vegan posts :o End up having to thank the lot of them :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,079 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

What's the idea with the rabbit between 2 palm trees? He cuts the rope and gets split in two?

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

What's the idea with the rabbit between 2 palm trees? He cuts the rope and gets split in two?

I think it's from "The book of bunny suicides"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,608 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=108561426&postcount=1658

Explain it to me please, I'm having a blonde moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,805 ✭✭✭Evade

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=108561426&postcount=1658

Explain it to me please, I'm having a blonde moment.
    It says "Cool Prius! - Nobody" on the boot.

Evade wrote: »
    It says "Cool Prius! - Nobody" on the boot.

Saw that, just don't see the funny.:o
    Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Cheers.

"Cool Prius" said nobody, ever! :)

Shpud2 wrote: »
    I think it's from "The book of bunny suicides"

Is indeed, very funny if you're into dark twisted humour

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Book_of_Bunny_Suicides

bunnysuicide.jpg

Suckit wrote: »
    KlRv9zH.jpg?1

still totally would though :o

Cheers.

dya drive a Prius?

:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Depending on your humour you might find these offensive, personally I'd recommend not having coffee when your are going through them or else you'll end up spraying your screen.

https://www.slideshare.net/KristinaWeiHui/andy-riley-the-book-of-bunny-suicides-presentation

wexie wrote: »
    dya drive a Prius?

:D

No:D

• Advertisement

The Beethoven one?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement