Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cool Vids&Pics&Links Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,679 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

GBX wrote: »
    Not exactly a funny though

Tell that to the toy he's just killed.

(shoulda read the text - his dogs killed)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭GBX

fritzelly wrote: »

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

fritzelly wrote: »

He didn't kill it, he's just discovered what the baddie guys did to his beloved toy.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

2905_504b_500.png

State of them... and not one single bottle of sunscreen lotion in sight!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

691b1930dd726e8fe272e7a35496e12c.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

I don't get the Bart Simpson "Drop Table Jones" one.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

It is a computer programming joke. I hit like on it so it would look like I am smarter than I am.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

It refers to SQL injection whereby a "hacker" could send a command within a standard data entry field e.g. through a box on a web form but this would manage to delete all the tables within the database. Developers should really have code to check any data submitted from a form but poor developers often didn't do this.

Tldr: it's a nerd joke!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

It refers to SQL injection whereby a "hacker" could send a command within a standard data entry field e.g. through a box on a web form but this would manage to delete all the tables within the database. Developers should really have code to check any data submitted from a form but poor developers often didn't do this.

Tldr: it's a nerd joke!

Thanks so much but I didn't get one word of that. Must mean I am not a nerd. Yaaaay!!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

It's kind of like a self-destruct button. Sort of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

exploits_of_a_mom.png

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Thanks so much but I didn't get one word of that. Must mean I am not a nerd. Yaaaay!!!
    Happens to humans too.

Ireland's worst driver according to the Garda database was stopped 50 times. However, each time the serial offender was stopped he managed to evade justice by giving a different address.

Turned out that Prawo Jazdy is Polish for Driving Licence.

18mpenleoksq8jpg.jpg

This might be worth a try on the M50 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Chiron

ShcQGom.jpg

I'm Chiron and I approve this message.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭stock>

In ancient Israel, it came to pass that a trader by the name of Abraham Com did take unto himself a healthy young wife by the name of Dorothy. And Dot Com was a comely woman, large of breast, broad of shoulder and long of leg. Indeed, she was often called Amazon Dot Com.

And she said unto Abraham, her husband, "Why dost thou travel so far from town to town with thy goods when thou canst trade without ever leaving thy tent?"

And Abraham did look at her as though she were several saddle bags short of a camel load, but simply said, "How, dear?"

And Dot replied, "I will place drums in all the towns and drums in between to send messages saying what you have for sale, and they will reply telling you who hath the best price. The sale can be made on the drums and delivery made by Uriah's Pony Stable (UPS)."
    >
    Abraham thought long and decided he would let Dot have her way with the drums.

And the drums rang out and were an immediate success. Abraham sold all the goods he had at the top price, without ever having to move from his tent.

To prevent neighboring countries from overhearing what the drums were saying, Dot devised a system that only she and the drummers knew It was known as Must Send

Drum Over Sound (MSDOS), and she also developed a language to transmit ideas and pictures - Hebrew to the People (HTTP).

And the young men did take to Dot Com's trading as doth the greedy horsefly take to camel dung. They were called Nomadic Ecclesiastical Rich Dominican Sybarites, or NERDS And lo, the land was so feverish with joy at the new riches and the deafening sound of drums that no one noticed that the real riches were going to that enterprising drum dealer, Brother William of Gates, who bought off every drum maker in the land.

Indeed he did insist on drums to be made that would work only with Brother Gates' drum heads and drumsticks.
    >
    > And Dot did say, "Oh, Abraham, what we have started is being taken over by others."

And Abraham looked out over the Bay of Ezekiel, or eBay as it came to be known.

He said, "We need a name that reflects what we are."
    >
    > And Dot replied, "Young Ambitious Hebrew Owner Operators." "YAHOO," said Abraham. And because it was Dot's idea, they named it YAHOO Dot Com.

Abraham's cousin, Joshua, being the young Gregarious Energetic Educated Kid (GEEK) that he was, soon started using Dot's drums to locate things around the countryside.

It soon became known as God's Own Official Guide to Locating Everything (GOOGLE).

That is how it all began. And that's the truth.

I would not make up this stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

You got me in trouble vic. Missus asleep on the couch behind me and I snorted laughing and she leapt up. Now it's broken tv time.
    Victor wrote: »

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Mugser wrote: »

Any able to tell me the funny with this sign?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Thatnastyboy

Quazzie wrote: »
    Any able to tell me the funny with this sign?

Took me a while too but,

Beidh an carrchlós gaeilge oscailte leath huar tar éis an carrchlós Sasanach,

Sorry for my poor Irish, early duolingo stage..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,694 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Mugser wrote: »

At the very bottom, it says 8.30-18.30 in Irish, but 8.00-18.30 in English.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Took me a while too but,

Beidh an carrchlós gaeilge oscailte leath huar tar éis an carrchlós bearla,

Sorry for my poor Irish, early duolingo stage..

fyp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Thatnastyboy

ganmo wrote: »
    fyp

Was the rest of it correct? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

beertons wrote: »
    467435.jpg

Joe needs a good slap - Killenaule is about 20 miles away from me as the crow flies, but about 50 years in equality legislation.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Also, I don't get the need for the red markings. To me the whole paragraph is funny! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭WMP

4747_059b_651.jpeg

Where Chuck lived if the above address is correct.

https://goo.gl/maps/gSXMC6CNyn62

That was probably Nick Miranda's address, not Chuck Berry's.

http://www.nickmiranda.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,041 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Chucked lived on an estate in Wentzville outside St Louis, not a million miles away from her.

38°46'22"N 90°53'18"W

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭WMP

New Home wrote: »
    That was probably Nick Miranda's address, not Chuck Berry's.

http://www.nickmiranda.com/

Oops yes, I missed that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

PETA are attention-seeking idiots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

PETA are attention-seeking idiots.

Feeding a fed horse.

Is that like Foie Gras but with a horse instead of a duck or a goose?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Feeding a fed horse.

Is that like Foie Gras but with a horse instead of a duck or a goose?

Yeah, it's called Foal Gras

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Deck the halls with boughs of holly :pac: :pac: hilarious!!

gozunda wrote: »
    2ogzt6.jpg

You called? :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

Home alone 2, what does that say about me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Home alone 2, what does that say about me?

Pennywise for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Pennywise for me

Oliver Twist

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Rocky Horror Picture Show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

The worst witch, his finest hour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭legrand

^^^
    what the

Mod note: GIF AND chat on YLYL?!? Surely, that's a paddling! Better move it to the chat thread, before someone notices...

alpha_centauri.png

I bet they wouldn't like Orion's Belt, either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Yikes, a lot of reposts. I am guessing they are the ones that look like this when I see them.

3JUanAp.png

• Advertisement

Don't know, TBH. Some of them are recent, some other were quite a few monthd old.

If you try to quote them (without actually posting anything), do you see thir URL?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I'm having a slow day, someone help me out please...
    Worztron wrote: »
    468335.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I'm having a slow day, someone help me out please...
    It's in the subject line of the post - "Ford Focus"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Harrison Ford focus(ing) on the task at hand...perhaps?

🤪

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

It's not particularly...........or even remotely funny but it is Harrison Ford focussing on an object - thus Ford Focus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Tis the season to be....

...reposting.

What happened that people are putting up lots of posts already posted?

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

astrofluff wrote: »
    Tis the season to be....

...reposting.

What happened that people are putting up lots of posts already posted?

There's a few alright. But its like any social media, you get some people who will genuinely assume it hasn't been seen yet so post it anyway.
    And some will automatically go to the last post on a thread, then post without scrolling backwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

This is probably the forum I most read on boards.ie and YLYL is the go to for a bit of craic. I'd rarely miss a meme/post. Perhaps I need to get out more. :pac:

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Im the same .. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

New Home wrote: »
    Don't know, TBH. Some of them are recent, some other were quite a few monthd old.

If you try to quote them (without actually posting anything), do you see thir URL?

Tried doing that to see the pics, nope, unfortunately still blank.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement