Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cool Vids&Pics&Links Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Suckit wrote: »
    Seems to be, but a reverse image search brings up more sinister results. :eek :

Reverse image search?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Reverse image search?
    Using an image to find the origins of that image or ones visually similar. It helps determine where the image first showed up online, higher quality versions of the image, and pages that use that image.

You can use Google Images to do a reverse image search, or other sites like TinEye.com, depending on how much detail you want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭stock>

Anyone got a link to the Elvis post or the reverse search of the picture.....................
    looked for it but didn't find it...............................................

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,608 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

stock> wrote: »
    Anyone got a link to the Elvis post or the reverse search of the picture.....................
    looked for it but didn't find it...............................................

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=108935860&postcount=2511

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

f9cf7868e341e52c1fd7cd8d3abc4a38.jpg

Some context:

"One night, a litte girl came up to the stage, and Elvis asked her if she wanted a scarf or a kiss. She said no. Elvis than asked, “What do you want?” The girl said: “James Burton.” Elvis started to laugh, and then walked her over to James, who gave her a kiss. After that, she asked Elvis for a scarf and a kiss.

New Home wrote: »
    Some context:

"One night, a litte girl came up to the stage, and Elvis asked her if she wanted a scarf or a kiss. She said no. Elvis than asked, “What do you want?” The girl said: “James Burton.” Elvis started to laugh, and then walked her over to James, who gave her a kiss. After that, she asked Elvis for a scarf and a kiss.

Ewwwwww

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Ewwwwww

??? Huh?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    ??? Huh?

Sarcasm, I think. In relation to this:

Suckit wrote: »
    Seems to be, but a reverse image search brings up more sinister results. :eek :

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Where is the sinister?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Where is the sinister?
    Aplogies, it wasn't directly in the reverse image search and was just something I glanced at the night before I posted. It was then in my head. I hadn't seen the comments here, so didn't reply.

A bit of an explanation as to why that was in my head/why I thought it was the reverse image search. I was using avira VPN, so not sure what country I was in (I think Germany).
    A reverse image search brought up a lot of pinterest results that started with
    "One night, a litte girl came up to the stage, and Elvis asked her if she.."
    So I searched that phrase at the time. Not the Image search.
    Which led to a few results that started like this

https://www.quora.com/Is-it-true-or-false-that-Elvis-Presley-had-inappropriate-relationships-with-underage-girls
    https://broadly.vice.com/en_us/article/3k8z39/elvis-was-the-king-of-treating-women-like-****-and-luring-14-year-olds-into-bed
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1261082/The-Kings-troubling-obsession-Elvis-woman-So-able-form-relationships-virginal-girls.html
    https://www.grunge.com/11639/dark-truth-behind-elvis/

Mod note: Apologies Suckit, my mistake entirely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,777 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

WTF has been going on since I went for a pint?!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

a little help
    FB-IMG-1545846821442.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,639 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

a little help

The way they’ve loaded the planks on to the van/trailer, they won’t be able to turn any corners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,777 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

The convict one?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,265 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Chrith Eubank with hith lithp

(Also, it's really worth saying which thread you're referring to! There's a few different ones)

Edit - actually, it's Mike Tyson. Who doesn't have a lisp.

Or dolanbaker may be right in referring to a completely different post.

The convict one?
    Monopoly, "get out of jail" card.

?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

The way they’ve loaded the planks on to the van/trailer, they won’t be able to turn any corners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

cdeb wrote: »
    Chrith Eubank with hith lithp

(Also, it's really worth saying which thread you're referring to! There's a few different ones)

Edit - actually, it's Mike Tyson. Who doesn't have a lisp.

Or dolanbaker may be right in referring to a completely different post.

Seriously, dude, if you don't know, don't answer!

It's NOT Chris Eubank.
    It IS Mike Tyson.
    Who DOES have a lisp.
    Or at least a speech impediment that is somewhat lisp-like!!

Seriously, dude, if you don't know, don't answer!

It's NOT Chris Eubank.
    It IS Mike Tyson.

Who DOES have a lisp.
    Or at least a speech impediment that is somewhat lisp-like!!

He had already corrected himself on this part though.

Wilberto wrote: »
    He had already corrected himself on this part though.

Agreed, but in correcting himself on one error, he made another!

So, in short, he didn’t know, and would have been better not to have commented at all.

And a Merry Christmas to you too!

(Seriously, the internet would be a better place if a simple error wasn't pounced upon like an utter See You Next Tuesday... Try it some time)

cdeb wrote: »
    And a Merry Christmas to you too!

(Seriously, the internet would be a better place if a simple error wasn't pounced upon like an utter See You Next Tuesday... Try it some time)

And it would be even better again if people who don't know stuff would stop acting like they're some kind of expert!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭wally79

And it would be even better again if people who don't know stuff would stop acting like they're some kind of expert!

It’s a comment about a joke that was posted. Hardly worth the attitude

• Advertisement

wally79 wrote: »
    It’s a comment about a joke that was posted. Hardly worth the attitude

My first post on the matter was just giving the guy some advice.

I don't think I had much of a bad attitude up to the point where I was called a C*U*N*T.

But I don't think it's unreasonable for my attitude to have changed afterwards.

Your first post on the matter actually pointed out stuff which was already in my post.

It - and your subsequent posts - were overly aggressive to the extent of justifying my criticism of them, as others have agreed.

Anyways, on that note, I'm ou. Until locum makes a mistake on the internet, which I'm sure never happens. Well, except the bit in your post where you suggest I'm putting myself across as an expert, which I never did. Just, you know, giving you advice there. You seem to be putting yourself across as an expert in knowing when people are experts...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Bootup is scum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Bootup is scum.

The Granny knitting a noose 'joke'? Absolutely dreadful. And before any tries to label me a snowflake over this, if that joke was her knitting a noose for her black neighbour, it would be deemed unbelievably racist and rightfully so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,805 ✭✭✭Evade

The Granny knitting a noose 'joke'? Absolutely dreadful. And before any tries to label me a snowflake over this, if that joke was her knitting a noose for her black neighbour, it would be deemed unbelievably racist and rightfully so.
    No. The butt of the joke is the old person and her outdated views, it doesn't advocate doing what's in the joke. If you really need to read some sort of -ism into it ageism is probably as close as you could get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Evade wrote: »
    No. The butt of the joke is the old person and her outdated views, it doesn't advocate doing what's in the joke. If you really need to read some sort of -ism into it ageism is probably as close as you could get.

If it's from Bootup, given his post history, the butt of the joke for him is the trans brother not the old woman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,805 ✭✭✭Evade

If it's from Bootup, given his post history, the butt of the joke for him is the trans brother not the old woman.
    That may be Bootup's intention, I don't know, but it isn't the joke's.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Eh?
    He's started telling dad jokes..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,079 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

He's started telling dad jokes..

Wouldn't have got that in a month of Sundays.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Me either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

I still don't get it??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

She suspected she was pregnant when he told a dad joke, because, you know, dad's tell those bad jokes! So she took a pregnancy test.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

I'm actually delighted with myself that I didn't get that now. :) :pac:

• Advertisement

It's not a vegan post. Just go with it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Wilberto wrote: »
    I'm actually delighted with myself that I didn't get that now. :) :pac:
    Are you not a Dad? :P

astrofluff wrote: »
    She suspected she was pregnant when he told a dad joke, because, you know, dad's tell those bad jokes! So she took a pregnancy test.

Nope, still don't get it. Don't worry trying to explain it to me, we'll all survive to 2019 if I never know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Nope, still don't get it. Don't worry trying to explain it to me, we'll all survive to 2019 if I never know.

I think its ,
    It was such a dad joke that he knocked her up without even touching her.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I still don't get it??

No need for dad jokes for you then :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭stock>

Has this this thread gone dyslexic.............should it be bad jokes.............

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

stock> wrote: »
    Has this this thread gone dyslexic.............should it be bad jokes.............

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Dad%20Jokes

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Clareman wrote: »
    Maybe it's all the wine I've had but I found them funny!

Maybe it's all the wine I've had but I found them funny!

It can't be the wine cos I'm indulging as well and I couldn't work them out at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

It can't be the wine cos I'm indulging as well and I couldn't work them out at all.

Pleased to meet you indulging as well, I'm Suckit.
    :):pac:

I'm gone...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement