Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cool Vids&Pics&Links Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

dulpit wrote: »
    I assume it's the difference in number of units in the bottle. To an Irish person it's 1.1 units, in the UK it's 1.3 (meaning Irish could drink more)

Ah, when I looked at it I just figured we measured units differently...

I thought maybe the joke was about the picture of the pregnant woman drinking with a warning sign around it but I didn't find it funny :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Gokei

on the lookalike post, who's the one between Angie and Sparrow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Gokei wrote: »
    on the lookalike post, who's the one between Angie and Sparrow?

Kim Kardashian. It says it on the image!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Gokei

Kim Kardashian. It says it on the image!
    oh yeah, brainfart moment!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

I think it's supposed to look like James Gandolfini (someone posted it in the thread about him dying).

EDIT- Yup, that was posted in both threads by same person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

It's a painting that featured in The Sopranos; Tony had a racehorse at one point, and he had this commissioned to show the horse and himself in heroic pose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,870 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

bluewolf wrote: »

Not just me then bluewolf? I looked at it for ages and wondered what i wasn't getting!! Now i realise the only thing i'm getting is old!!:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Rovi wrote: »
    It's a painting that featured in The Sopranos; Tony had a racehorse at one point, and he had this commissioned to show the horse and himself in heroic pose.

where did he hide the other 200lbs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

twirlagig wrote: »
    xhuWXaN.png

What is happening here ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

What is happening here ?

Violin is the wrong way. Not sure why..:confused:

So's the bow
    lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

KonFusion wrote: »

The tree in the middle of the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

Thanks. Still don't see where the funny is though :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Solid full back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

vh4sd wrote: »
    article-2343856-1A5F12DC000005DC-689_634x399.jpg

Am I missing something in that Obama pic.. how is it WTF material? Just looks like they're sitting waiting for a press conference to begin or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭keithsfleet

Am I missing something in that Obama pic.. how is it WTF material? Just looks like they're sitting waiting for a press conference to begin or something.

I don't really get it either but my understanding is that relations between these two counties are breaking down at the minute due to American troop locations.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

relations between these two counties are breaking down at the minute due to American troop locations.
    There's a little more to it than that. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Are we allowed comment on photos on YLYL?

Frada scares me!

Anyway, for the first time in a LONG time, I laughed out loud to this ! I can't thank it enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,297 ✭✭✭✭Penn

MugMugs wrote: »
    Are we allowed comment on photos on YLYL?

We generally prefer as little as possible but it's not something we action with warnings etc unless a person is doing it regularly. This thread was mostly set up to have the chat here, but one or two comment posts in YLYL usually isn't too harmful. The danger is if one chat post is an opening for more, and then they all end up being deleted or moved here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I see that today's post of the day is as usual from the current YLYL thread. It is this picture here basically.

Am I wrong in thinking that one of the rules of YLYL was that posts or pictures that were aimed at another poster, were banned? I thought they were but I've gone back through the basic rules at the start of the thread(s) and I can't see any mention of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Quazzie wrote: »
    I see that today's post of the day is as usual from the current YLYL thread. It is this picture here basically.

Am I wrong in thinking that one of the rules of YLYL was that posts or pictures that were aimed at another poster, were banned? I thought they were but I've gone back through the basic rules at the start of the thread(s) and I can't see any mention of it.
    In fairness, it didn't attack the poster, and was obviously tongue in cheek.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

In fairness, it didn't attack the poster, and was obviously tongue in cheek.
    Sorry I should've stated that I'd no problem with that particular post, I was just using it as an example as to what brought me to think about that. I thought it was a rule but I couldn't find it anywhere when I searched so I was just looking for clarification or even a link.

I think (if memory serves correctly as I don't think I was mod at that time) there was an issue a few years ago where there were a lot of pictures being directed at one or two people, or two groups of people directing pics back and forth, so a ruling was probably made then as it went past "tongue in cheek having a laugh" into "taking the p*ss and borderline personal abuse".

Then there's also the general unspoken rule of not taking screenshots of other people's text posts on other forums in Boards and posting them on YLYL (because that's taking credit for other people's jokes or mocking their post, depending on the context). Exception to this is usually screenshotting a post to highlight irony in someone thanking a post or something like that.

I don't think we have an actual specific rule about it, as it pretty much just falls under the general Personal Abuse rule. If it's tongue-in-cheek, in good fun and not intended to cause harm, it's probably alright. If it's being done to mock, deride or abuse a poster, it's not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

1976461.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

emma-watson1.jpg

I was going to ask who both of these are - But it says Emma Watson in the url - I didn't recognise her at all there.
    Anyway, so who is the other one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Anyway, so who is the other one?

Sasha Grey, don't google her at work ok, thats a big hint right there :pac:

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Sasha Grey, don't google her at work ok, thats a big hint right there :pac:

Last day at work today.. Opens google..

• Advertisement

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2oK7R6Z_bnD2RxpbItQmwjXib7qSKYmFx71xri5zN3PwyGnaCLA

MugMugs wrote: »

What I do to questions about moderation:
    tumblr_loxom5hETm1qkwc9zo1_500.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

garv123 wrote: »
    Mother of God Reaction

I only know her from her work on Entourage, where she played herself. Honest.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    I only know her from her work on Entourage, where she played with herself. Honest.

Fixed that for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,348 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Anyone see a trollied puppy on fyi e3 today was very funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭ericl

doovdela wrote: »
    Anyone see a trollied puppy on fyi e3 today was very funny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

Dont know if it been posted already. Cool bagpipe player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apO424sqNUM

thursday-dar-35.jpg?w=500&h=728
    :confused:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    He's smiling and giving thumbs up.
    eg
    1291131680_two-thumbs-up.jpg

ah, arms and thumbs. I thought they were nightsticks or something

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

miralize wrote: »
    Bl18TZa.gif

Anyone know what this is about?

• Advertisement

Portal is a videogame where you go through one colour and come out at the other.

In this case he's still going to get squashed..

Portal nerds will get it.

garv123 wrote: »
    Portal is a videogame where you go through the blue and come through one colour and come out at the other.

Ah ok I see what you mean. thanks

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Ah ok I see what you mean. thanks

Reading what you quoted it doesnt make much sense. whoops.

I get it
    You teleport through the blue and come out the orange. So in this case there is no escape.
    Having said that, to be pedantic, I would think you would be caught in an infinite loop rather than be crushed:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,448 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Having said that, to be pedantic, I would think you would be caught in an infinite loop rather than be crushed:pac:

Would you not end up crushing against yourself?

Possibly, but it would depend on whether the teleportation is instant or if there is a time delay. The rest is Quantum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

^^^^^^^^^jasus lads. go easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

What's the story with the melted iron picture?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭Gamayun

ah, arms and thumbs. I thought they were nightsticks or something

Ha, me too, I was thinking "double nightstick fonzy snake, of course :P"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

Maybe slightly off topic but does anyone know what has happened to Youtube's top viewed videos charts over the last few weeks? There used to be 10+ pages but now there is only ever 3/4.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement