Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cool Vids&Pics&Links Discussion Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    Id like to point out two misleading statements in the below tirade.

1) It's the general consensus amongst historians that the pyramids were built by free men.

2) Whilst there is a reasonably high suicide rate in the Foxconn (et al.) factories in China, per capita the suicide rate is lower than China as a whole (not defending that company, but putting it in the correct context.)

6wfvlbl.jpg

Not to mention that Foxconn don't really do anything technologically groundbreaking. They just build the laptops and phones. Things like the processor would be made in places like the US or Ireland.

Louis C.K. is still an incredibly funny man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I agree. But all comedians tend to stretch the truth to make their jokes work. I think the humour comes out of the picture if you're familiar with Louis CK and are reading it in his voice. He's the master of frank delivery.

Video context

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Can there be a "don't quote the pic" rule for this thread as well? Any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

What is with the selfies showing people with a camera in hand? I mean, some of them are probably geuine but really, how many people have a mirror on the ground in the corner beside a couch, or one sitting on the edge of their bed? :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

What is with the selfies showing people with a camera in hand? I mean, some of them are probably geuine but really, how many people have a mirror on the ground in the corner beside a couch, or one sitting on the edge of their bed? :mad:

It all started with this one. The rest are parodies of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

942162_586316368088039_1065849259_n.jpg

Any idea with this one? I thought maybe it was something to do with the fan but it's clearly switched off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

I just want to know what went wrong!! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Baked.noodle

Newaglish wrote: »
    Any idea with this one? I thought maybe it was something to do with the fan but it's clearly switched off.
    lil_lisa wrote: »
    I just want to know what went wrong!! eek.png

I assume both of you would have no objection to taking the position of the two gents on the ground floor, reaching up to the task at hand? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

"Here, catch this couch."

*splat*

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

"Here, catch this couch."

I thought it was a mattress? Has it already hooked one of the fans blades?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

Oh, I get it now, I figured it was a mattress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Its taking 3 lads to lift it over a railing and 2 lads to catch a couch dropping from a height. They dont look the strongest either! I'd say the railing, wall & floor will take some damage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭Weevil

It's a mattress, but the skylight in the background makes it look like they're hoisting a couch over the railings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

Weevil wrote: »
    It's a mattress, but the skylight in the background makes it look like they're hoisting a couch over the railings.
    It's clearly a couch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

It looks as if Obama is turned down by the first two for handshakes so jpchanges to introducing them, when really I think he was just introducing everyone anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

--Kaiser-- wrote: »

I assume it's that it looks like Obama is either snubbing or being snubbed for handshakes. Apparently some people don't believe in introductions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Orim wrote: »
    I assume it's that it looks like Obama is either snubbing or being snubbed for handshakes. Apparently some people don't believe in introductions.

Right, so the reason I don't get it is that I'm not an idiot. Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

seamus wrote: »

Look at the shape the granite makes in the brick wall. Looks like a cock and balls.

I'm definitely getting old then if I'm not seeing penis jokes everywhere :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

What's the green thing supposed to be?
    tumblrlm4gcahq941qzl91t.jpg

Blisterman wrote: »
    What's the green thing supposed to be?
    tumblrlm4gcahq941qzl91t.jpg

A minecraft enemy called a Creeper, they blow up if they manage to get too close to a player

Yeah, they're called Creepers and can explode, destroying portions of land/buildings. If some explode together, they can cause substantial damage to something that a person could have spent hours building!

Yeah, they're called Creepers and can explode, destroying portions of land/buildings. If some explode together, they can cause substantial damage to something that a person could have spent hours building!

Sounds like you speak from experience :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

miralize wrote: »
    A minecraft enemy called a Creeper, they blow up if they manage to get too close to a player

What's with all the minecraft jokes lately. Well, two of them. Is there a new game or something out or just a coincidence?

What's with all the minecraft jokes lately. Well, two of them. Is there a new game or something out or just a coincidence?

Its been out a few years and its immensely popular, some version of it runs on nearly everything hardware-wise, near ubiquitous game.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

seamus wrote: »
    I'm definitely getting old then if I'm not seeing penis jokes everywhere :p
    That's just a fallacy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I posted up that creeper/sandcastle just because I saw it elsewhere and thought it funny, not necessarily to do with a new version of it or anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

PLEASE can someone explain this one to me before I go completely insane? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

whirlpool wrote: »
    PLEASE can someone explain this one to me before I go completely insane? :)

It's a thing from minecraft called a creeper. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNn71Ol1n68

In all honesty, that Steve Jobs portrait has to be one of the best portraits of all time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭dorkacle

miralize wrote: »
    KCTvlRf.gif

Whats this american football one about?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

This has completely bypassed me and got a lot of thanks. Is it because a girl or ladyboy left the mens jacks? Whats the funny?

1AwN82Jh.jpg

Lots of stuff is funnier on Reddit because there's some context given rather than just a picture. This one is a picture from a Thai beauty pageant, and yes the funny is the girl coming out of the men's toilet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

an event where women use the mens cause they have to queue at theirs, what a shocker!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

I think it's more to do with the whole stereotypical thing of Thai ladyboys/transvestites.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=85922176&postcount=2111

I don't get this one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Aenaes wrote: »

That's Sagat from the Street Fighter games. "Tiger" is what he shouts when throwing a fireball, & he's known to be a serial fireball thrower...hence Tiger Tiger Tiger. The scumbag steve hat is what some people feel he is for spamming fireballs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I know there's some reference I'm missing here:
    969388_586648978039852_1875133061_n_zps105d555c.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Blisterman wrote: »
    I know there's some reference I'm missing here:
    969388_586648978039852_1875133061_n_zps105d555c.jpg

The northie chick who was reported missing but turned up in Peru with 5kg of cocaine was called Michaela

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057011731

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭/V\etalfish

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=85971862&postcount=2214

It's the "Next time you're watching a video on youtube, hit pause and then 1 9 8 0".
    What am I missing here?
    Pressing those keys just skips to different parts of the song and then back to the start?!
    ..which also doesn't make much sense while the video is paused.

It's the "Next time you're watching a video on youtube, hit pause and then 1 9 8 0".
    What am I missing here?
    Pressing those keys just skips to different parts of the song and then back to the start?!

Go onto the youtube page and type it in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

What am I missing here?
    try it again. Keep it paused, and type 1980 again.
    Sometimes I've found that it doesn't work the first time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

That is one surprisingly addictive game. Never knew about that before.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭/V\etalfish

Turns out it was just the browser I was using.
    Trying it in Chrome sorted it out for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

a.gif?w=400&h=200

what's the story behind this???:eek:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement