Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cool Vids&Pics&Links Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

They're a sub-section of Interior Monologue Captioning called Doge. Don't seem to be that popular.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Regarding the Grampa Joe picture, he has particularly long nails on his little finger. This is often a sign that the owner of said fingernails is using cocaine. Putting a little cocaine on a long fingernail is a handy way to snort it.

Again, anybody got a clue about that google maps pic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

Don't seem to be that popular.

thank fuk for that anyways!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

racso1975 wrote: »
    Beach proposal
    I don't get it, is it his ridiculously short legs?

Iwasfrozen wrote: »

when you see it,you might get an erection

or not :)
    the arm might look like a breast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Iwasfrozen wrote: »

Arm is a boob.

That one is an awful effort. The well of good samples must be dry or creator/poster just needs to get to Specsavers.:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

returnNull wrote: »
    when you see it,you might get an erection

or not :)
    the arm might look like a breast.

An extremely low down breast - Like you might see on a 90 year old woman, only she's only about 20.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

In the beach proposal picture the guy in the background looks like he has his cock out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Two gifs here
    1) wtf si this a flying snake?
    2018_dd84.gif

2) why?
    a5dZeMo_460sa_v1.gif

An extremely low down breast - Like you might see on a 90 year old woman, only she's only about 20.

hey it takes all sorts :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Eoin wrote: »

Shibe...

I know.. that only raises more questions.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

the snake is gliding, like lizards, fish, squirrels etc. do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

the snake is gliding, like lizards, fish, squirrels etc. do

Flying snake http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysopelea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 135 ✭✭ron jambo

Still no info on google maps pic, feeling kinda slow here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

ron jambo wrote: »
    Still no info on google maps pic, feeling kinda slow here.

I'm wondering if it's just us and everyone is laughing at us not getting it.... Or no one gets it and we are the.... Whatever. Could someone explain the Google map one please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Why not PM the poster and ask them? Or, just forget about it...

kitten_k wrote: »
    1234508_528108927263007_607099712_n.jpg

Something I've often wondered and have noticed a few times is the black bars appearing both above and below an image. It always reminds me of when someone is filming vertically and you get the same thing happening. Does it happen because the person has taken a screenshot of their smartphone and have reused the image?

donegal. wrote: »
    ^^^^^ thats the heaviest dog i've ever seen .:eek:

I'm not getting this comment at all. Anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

I'm not getting this comment at all. Anyone?
    I think it's that it looks like he's sinking into the floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭red_0007

Something I've often wondered and have noticed a few times is the black bars appearing both above and below an image. It always reminds me of when someone is filming vertically and you get the same thing happening. Does it happen because the person has taken a screenshot of their smartphone and have reused the image?

Yep, too damn lazy to post correctly.

[rant]
    :mad:
    Unless there's a point to the black bits (and it's hard to see how), those posts should be edited by the mods (e.g. marked to a URL) - if the OP can't be arsed posting correctly, then their submission should be treated the same way.

[/rant]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

red_0007 wrote: »
    Yep, too damn lazy to post correctly.

[rant]
    :mad:
    Unless there's a point to the black bits (and it's hard to see how), those posts should be edited by the mods (e.g. marked to a URL) - if the OP can't be arsed posting correctly, then their submission should be treated the same way.

[/rant]

Really? :confused: Is it that big of a deal? It's only some black space, you can still see the picture perfectly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

Really? :confused: Is it that big of a deal? It's only some black space, you can still see the picture perfectly.

Good god man! Won't someone think of my fingers eternally scrolling, scrolling, scrolling past these acres of black space down down down to the next funny...??

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭red_0007

You're right! Praise (insert preferred deity), I CAN see the picture.

These lads can go home now.
    2s9tbpu.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Seizure kid with cannabis - great and all for her but not really "you laugh you lose" material

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭Gamayun

Seizure kid with cannabis - great and all for her but not really "you laugh you lose" material

Yeah, more suited to the You 'feels' you lose thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Far too many posters put pics in this thread because they think it'll get more thanks by being in a busy thread. Lazy posting IMO

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭CastingCouch

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=86296499&postcount=2880

Post of the day?

I was waiting to come across a funny part of the post?

Thanks whoring at its finest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=86296499&postcount=2880

Post of the day?

I was waiting to come across a funny part of the post?

Thanks whoring at its finest.

A little bit harsh there with the thanks whoring comment. I didn't thank the post myself and it wasn't really suited for YLYL, but who cares? Life is too short imo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭CastingCouch

A little bit harsh there with the thanks whoring comment. I didn't thank the post myself and it wasn't really suited for YLYL, but who cares? Life is too short imo.

Not sure why anyone would post it there otherwise.

• Advertisement

^ Ha! I thought the couch was part of the thanks whoring post!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Not sure why anyone would post it there otherwise.

Probably because they either forgot about this thread..
    Gamayun wrote: »
    Yeah, more suited to the You 'feels' you lose thread.

or didn't realise it existed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Re: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=86308349&postcount=5521 (Steve Carell in "Dinner for Schmucks" in the "FunnyGIFs" thread)

I've seen a few GIFs in this thread that have been made up of little bits cut out of YouTube vids (*1) or movies (*2) with the dialogue added in subtitle form.

Can I make the following suggestions to people tempted to post these:
    1. Just find a video clip of it, and post that in the video thread instead. If it's funny, you'll get your thanks for it there. However, no matter how funny it is, it's less funny when you've to read the dialogue instead of hearing it.
    2. Before you do "1", please make sure that the item in question is actually funny. The Vincent van Gogh "joke" is just one deeply UNfunny moment in one of the most deeply UNfunny movies made in recent years.

*1: eg the kid who referred to his toy bow as a boner.
    *2: eg the above-referenced bit with Steve Carell.

Re: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=86308349&postcount=5521 (Steve Carell in "Dinner for Schmucks" in the "FunnyGIFs" thread)

I've seen a few GIFs in this thread that have been made up of little bits cut out of YouTube vids (*1) or movies (*2) with the dialogue added in subtitle form.

Can I make the following suggestions to people tempted to post these:
    1. Just find a video clip of it, and post that in the video thread instead. If it's funny, you'll get your thanks for it there. However, no matter how funny it is, it's less funny when you've to read the dialogue instead of hearing it.
    2. Before you do "1", please make sure that the item in question is actually funny. The Vincent van Gogh "joke" is just one deeply UNfunny moments in one of the most deeply UNfunny movies made in recent years.

*1: eg the kid who referred to his toy bow as a boner.
    *2: eg the above-referenced bit with Steve Carell.

I'm going to teach you something, which I thought blindingly obvious but not to everyone it seems. You ready?

Humour is subjective

OK, let's just assume for the moment that I'm conceding point 2 to you on the grounds that Humour is subjective: What have you to say about point 1?

Even if you find that particular joke in that particular movie to be funny, would you not be better posting this in the video thread instead?
    --Kaiser-- wrote: »
    I'm going to teach you something, which I thought blindingly obvious but not to everyone it seems. You ready?

Humour is subjective

OK, let's just assume for the moment that I'm conceding point 2 to you on the grounds that Humour is subjective: What have you to say about point 1?

Even if you find that particular joke in that particular movie to be funny, would you not be better posting this in the video thread instead?

Rather than post a GIF in a thread for GIFs you want me to find the video for it and post it in the video section? Is this what you're saying? Because my response to that would have an expletive or two in there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Gokei

Rather than post a GIF in a thread for GIFs you want me to find the video for it and post it in the video section? Is this what you're saying? Because my response to that would have an expletive or two in there

I admire your patience.

Rather than post a GIF in a thread for GIFs you want me to find the video for it and post it in the video section? Is this what you're saying?

Yep, that's precisely what I'm saying. A GIF made by subtitling a video is inherently less funny than the video.

Yep, that's precisely what I'm saying. A GIF made by subtitling a video is inherently less funny than the video.

You are inherently less useful than an ashtray on a motorcycle.
    How about you take your suggestion, make an interpretive dance of it, post that in 'Theatre & Performing Arts' forum and I'll get back to you?

Mod: Banned.

tumblr_mm42hdCd6i1rf5t04o1_500.png

:o
    Can anyone explain this. It's well over my head.:o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

In chemistry a diol is something with two hydroxy groups -OH

A Sulfone is R-S(=O)2-R'

And the result is a really bad pun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Anybody explain this one for me?
    Weevil wrote: »
    7W4NS8.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

hardCopy wrote: »
    Anybody explain this one for me?

That seems to be a very young David Moyes.
    Frank O'Farrell was a manager of Man U during the 70's and was a resounding failure only lasting a year and a bit.
    Maybe the joke is saying that David Moyes will fail too?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭Weevil

Frank OFarrell succeeded the hugely successful Matt Busby as manager of Manchester United and failed badly, playing a part in the club being relegated. David Moyes has moved from Everton to take over from the hugely successful Alex Ferguson at Man U, and I'm a Liverpool fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dirtyden

In chemistry a diol is something with two hydroxy groups -OH

A Sulfone is R-S(=O)2-R'

And the result is a really bad pun.

Is the pun

It dials a cellphone?

Was that it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Can anyone shed any light on the Robin Thicke one with the two lions :confused:

EDIT: Gah nevermind! Had to say it out loud :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Sinfonia wrote: »
    His famous tune is called 'Blurred Lines'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Sinfonia wrote: »
    Blurred lions. ;)

Red Kev wrote: »
    As a matter of interest Croke Park, with a capacity of 82,300 is the largest stadium on the planet, outside of the USA that is owned by an amateur organisation.

And with all due respect to them, rarely does college football throw up two matches running like Dublin v Kerry last Sunday and Clare v Cork today in the same staium! :)
    A record that comes with two such major caveats is not a record.

That's like saying "I'm the tallest man in Ireland (if you exclude all the guys that are over 5'11")"
    They're parameters more than caveats.

Katie Taylor is the female Olympic gold medallist boxer at her weight.

(female being a parameter rather than a caveat)

Parameter Schmarameter!

The fact of the matter is that RedKev is trumpeting about how fantastic it is that the GAA owns the biggest non-professional stadium outside the US. There's a couple of things wrong with that; firstly, just because the players aren't paid, it does not mean the GAA is an "amateur" organisation. If he thinks the GAA is "amateur", he's naive at best but more likely deluded. Secondly, even it is was "amateur", so what? He's quoting a stadium-size record while simultaneously excluding 2 sets of stadiums that - by their nature - include plenty of big ones.

I stick by my assertion that it's just as relevant* as my other example: "I'm the tallest man in Ireland if you exclude those than are taller than me."

*: ie It's not at all relevant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Parameter Schmarameter!

The fact of the matter is that RedKev is trumpeting about how fantastic it is that the GAA owns the biggest non-professional stadium outside the US. There's a couple of things wrong with that; firstly, just because the players aren't paid, it does not mean the GAA is an "amateur" organisation. If he thinks the GAA is "amateur", he's naive at best but more likely deluded. Secondly, even it is was "amateur", so what? He's quoting a stadium-size record while simultaneously excluding 2 sets of stadiums that - by their nature - include plenty of big ones.

I stick by my assertion that it's just as relevant* as my other example: "I'm the tallest man in Ireland if you exclude those than are taller than me."

*: ie It's not at all relevant.

He's right doe...:P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement