Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cool Vids&Pics&Links Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Blisterman

What's this one about?
    wlc7.jpg

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

I think it's a very old picture of Michael LeVell who plays Kevin Webster, a mechanic in coronation st.
    He was cleared of child sex abuse accusations in court this week so free MOTs in corrie this week!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

That's a pic of a young Michael Le Vell, who was acquitted this week of multiple sexual abuse charges against a minor.

He plays Coronation Street's resident mechanic, Kevin Webster.

This was posted over in Photos That Shook The World
    Gaspode wrote: »
    Surely they all just belong in the 'cool pictures' thread - not world-shaking really.

I'd have to agree with them. It seems lately that that thread has gone from "Ground Shaking" to merely "Kinda Cool".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,523 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

I'd have to agree with them. It seems lately that that thread has gone from "Ground Shaking" to merely "Kinda Cool".

90% of that thread is not ground shaking in anyway, it's always been like that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

In relation to post 3610:

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/02/070201-fly-smelling.html

I think the gestation phase is 24 hours which leads to the confusion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,160 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

1376487_623322791023624_1551394917_n.jpg
    Shouldn't the parents be 2/3 of that pie chart?

Genuine question btw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Quazzie wrote: »
    Shouldn't the parents be 2/3 of that pie chart?

Genuine question btw

Dad's a dick :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

290bHqL.jpg

That's one mean looking cat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

4bpdUMp.jpg
    What am i missing :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Hyacinth Bucket is the main character from Keeping Up Appearances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

What am i missing :confused:

Hyacinth-Bucket.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

Hyacinth Bucket is the main character from Keeping Up Appearances.

Ah thank you. Thought I was missing somethin obvious. Never actually watched it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Re: Paying a fine like a boss.

In Irish law, nobody (apart from the Central Bank) is obliged to accept more than 50 coins in a single transaction ie: You can't pay a parking fine in 1c coins.

I would be absolutely shocked if Australia doesn't have a similar law.

Therefore, the "boss" in the video might very well find that he gets a delivery by courier of a rather heavy package (the coins), a letter demanding payment of the fine and a bill for the cost of shipping the coins back to him. Alternatively, or perhaps even additionally, he could even find himself being prosecuted for dumping/littering/whatever. You can't simply walk into a person's office and dump what is essentially a load of useless crap on a person's desk and walk out.

Buzz_Killington.jpg

Buzz_Killington.jpg

?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

zc4EaGR.jpg

I recognise Overly Attached Girlfriend and Bad Luck Brian. Who are the others?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Pretty sure its Good Girl/Girlfriend Gina on the left

2nd right = Sheltered College Freshman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

Re: Paying a fine like a boss.

In Irish law, nobody (apart from the Central Bank) is obliged to accept more than 50 coins in a single transaction ie: You can't pay a parking fine in 1c coins.

I would be absolutely shocked if Australia doesn't have a similar law.

Therefore, the "boss" in the video might very well find that he gets a delivery by courier of a rather heavy package (the coins), a letter demanding payment of the fine and a bill for the cost of shipping the coins back to him. Alternatively, or perhaps even additionally, he could even find himself being prosecuted for dumping/littering/whatever. You can't simply walk into a person's office and dump what is essentially a load of useless crap on a person's desk and walk out.

One thing is for sure - that guy was a douche.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Hi Guys and Gals

This was suggested in the Feedback thread and it is something we have discussed before and think it would be a good idea

This thread is for the discussion of pictures or videos that people don't understand or want more information on

Its purpose is to keep chat and discussion out of other threads like You Laugh, You Lose or Pictures that Shook the World thread

This is not an off topic thread where you can come and shoot the sh!t, it is for the discussion of content from threads where discussion is discouraged

Hopefully people find this a useful addition to the forum, usual charter rules apply

So does this not apply anymore or what's the story? Seeing alot of chat posts in YLYL and it's just annoying.

I know your opinion/witty remark in a funny picture is really impor....oh wait, it's not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

Iv'e not opened up YLYL since Saturday.

Is there ANY CHANCE AT ALL that I might not see a Breaking Bad spoiler? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,414 ✭✭✭✭Penn

There was one Breaking Bad picture posted, but it doesn't spoil anything, merely comments that the show has ended. Other than that, no BrBa pictures or spoilers were posted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

sTmz7UA.png

Anyone know what show this is from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭Gamayun

Orim wrote: »
    Anyone know what show this is from?

His own DVD, the cover is at the start of the clip below:

Multiple choice quiz. All Cs and fail

I've seen this around a few times but I don't think I've ever seen anyone bring up the fact that Professor William Turner is a really shít teacher and that snide little note is a far worse reflection on him then the student.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I've seen this around a few times but I don't think I've ever seen anyone bring up the fact that Professor William Turner is a really shít teacher and that snide little note is a far worse reflection on him then the student.

Never mind that he would only be getting lucky with 20% of the questions and not a quarter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,938 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

it was a true or false exam though, you pick options from column A or column B. it has true and false at the top. there was no need to mark anything in any other column.
    next year, if he goes all B, then he has some chance. unless it's negative marking!

• Advertisement

it was a true or false exam though, you pick options from column A or column B. it has true and false at the top. there was no need to mark anything in any other column.
    next year, if he goes all B, then he has some chance. unless it's negative marking!

But my point is that is what looks to be a college professor saying that he attempts to bring his classes final score by making their final exam a true or false quiz based on 3 chapters of a book.

College sutdents are supposed to be mess up and do silly stuff like this. Professors are not meant to spend 20 years artificially boosting the grades of their students.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

College sutdents are supposed to be mess up and do silly stuff like this. Professors are not meant to spend 20 years artificially boosting the grades of their students.
    Have a read of this
    http://deedy.quora.com/Hacking-into-the-Indian-Education-System

or just scroll down to see the graphs, based on 215,000 student's exam results

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Have a read of this
    http://deedy.quora.com/Hacking-into-the-Indian-Education-System

or just scroll down to see the graphs, based on 215,000 student's exam results

That's shocking but is always suspected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Aquagakka

A wee bit of help please?

I have recently viewed a video of 'wing -suit' people doing what they do. It's still impressive.
    There was a link, however, which put you in control of the flyers. My problem is, I cannot remember
    which site I have seen it on......but I think it was here.

If someone could direct me to it I would be grateful.

Regards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Aquagakka wrote: »
    A wee bit of help please?

I have recently viewed a video of 'wing -suit' people doing what they do. It's still impressive.
    There was a link, however, which put you in control of the flyers. My problem is, I cannot remember
    which site I have seen it on......but I think it was here.

If someone could direct me to it I would be grateful.

Regards.
    http://www.srf.ch/sendungen/sommerchallenge/der-sprung-am-eiger-fliegen-sie-mit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭red_0007

Anyone wrote: »
    Miss-Airport-Calendar-2013-resizecrop--.png

I want a refund - November and January are clearly the same person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Blisterman

What's this thing about?
    A5494B43DA90421CA4C6A5317323BC3C-0000324468-0003386985-00639L-441F342793814DD4A01911A8371D280E.jpg

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

The orange soda quotes are from the new episode of Love/Hate last night.

Tommy is the chap below.
    He took a beating in the previous season and appears to have an acquired brain injury. He asked for a fizzy orange while being arrested during the show last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Aquagakka

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭✭GBX

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

I was so hoping the hidden basement pic was going to end with a safe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Keep looking at the students! It's really obvious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Baked.noodle

Woof

I was blind >>

swoody wrote: »
    q73IeFA.gif

how does it turn???

how does it turn???

Well, when I was a kid, my uncle's tractors had two brake pedals - one for each side - and a bar that could be placed across the gap between them so that they worked together. Flip the bar out of its wee slot, and you could apply the brakes on each side independently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Gokei

Split breaks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Independent brakes; standard equipment on all tractors since, well, pretty much forever.

This looks like great gas, but lots of people have been killed doing it, crushed between the tractor and the trailer.
    It's one of the main reasons ROPS (Roll Over Protective Structure) was made mandatory on tractors here in Ireland decades ago.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement