Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cool Vids&Pics&Links Discussion Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Artful_Badger

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=87124520&postcount=4408

Had to comment on this. You're putting together the greatest band of deceased musicians. Who in the name of fcuk puts Kurt Cobain on the drums ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Had to comment on this. You're putting together the greatest band of deceased musicians. Who in the name of fcuk puts Kurt Cobain on the drums ??

Keith Moon had probably thrown John Bonham in the swimming pool :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

That stood out for me too, totally nonsensical choice. I'd even understand putting Ringo there instead of Kurt :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Amanda Todd, infamous cyber-bullying case.

Strikes me as a really, really dumb picture in the picture. Amanda Todd's story is well worth knowing about!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_of_Amanda_Todd

Ah, I feel quite bad now. I just assumed it was a child celebrity. :(

kowloon wrote: »
    Ah, I feel quite bad now. I just assumed it was a child celebrity. :(

Was a quite a big story in the US, also because Anonymous got involved in revenge tactics on her bullies. Not sure it was very big over here though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Is Imgur failing to load for anyone else? Nothing working for direct links or pics posted in YLYL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Thanks. I don't find it funny at all. I just don't get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

De Bhál wrote: »
    Thanks. I don't find it funny at all. I just don't get it.

There's not much to get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

iMac_Hunt wrote: »
    1378577_10152012706551060_1677502545_n.jpg

Dafuq is this?
    Looks like someone stuck a dog in a lagging jacket or a punch bag and tied him up like that.
    How is that funny? :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Dafuq is this?
    Looks like someone stuck a dog in a lagging jacket or a punch bag and tied him up like that.
    How is that funny? :/

It's a reference to Miley Cyrus.

• Advertisement

Who is that 10 year old child beside Kurt?

Those images annoy me. You could have a photo of Kurt Cobain and a famous scientist and equally say, "if you know this person but not this person, then you're part of the problem".

Those images annoy me. You could have a photo of Kurt Cobain and a famous scientist and equally say, "if you know this person but not this person, then you're part of the problem".

It'd still be funny if someone wore a t-shirt of said scientist's research and claimed not to know who they were.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

Rx2EebN.png

Is there an actual joke to this that I'm not getting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I'd taken it as a cute/funny way to show the water cycle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Orim wrote: »
    I'd taken it as a cute/funny way to show the water cycle.

but... they're not even cycling!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

but... they're not even cycling!!

By gosh, you're right. I'm beginning to suspect that the picture wasn't checked for scientific accuracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

That gave it away as a weird dream

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

One of the last pics there was about a team of developers who made Forced. Is it any good. After all that it would want to be!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

petes wrote: »
    One of the last pics there was about a team of developers who made Forced. Is it any good. After all that it would want to be!!

No Clue - all I know is that it wasn't funny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,965 ✭✭✭blackwhite

petes wrote: »

I don't particularly care whether it is or not - it shouldn't be in YLYL.

It's a nice story, but there's it's not even something that is supposed to be funny or a joke. It's just some viral advertising telling a kind of cool story.

It could be put in the Cool Pictures Thread, but then it wouldn't get as many views :rolleyes:

(sorry for the bit of a rant - I just get p*ssed off with the amount of people who post any picture they see in YLYL by default, because they know the thread gets more traffic :mad:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Gokei

blackwhite wrote: »
    I don't particularly care whether it is or not - it shouldn't be in YLYL.

It's a nice story, but there's it's not even something that is supposed to be funny or a joke. It's just some viral advertising telling a kind of cool story.

It could be put in the Cool Pictures Thread, but then it wouldn't get as many views :rolleyes:

(sorry for the bit of a rant - I just get p*ssed off with the amount of people who post any picture they see in YLYL by default, because they know the thread gets more traffic :mad:)

It's not as black and white as that.

Gokei wrote: »
    It's not as black and white as that.

Why not? If it's not supposed to be funny (which it isn't) then it shouldn't be in YLYL.

Why not? If it's not supposed to be funny (which it isn't) then it shouldn't be in YLYL.

It was a poor attempt at a pun.

Gokei wrote: »
    It was a poor attempt at a pun.

Ah I see that now.

Another for the proposed chopping block, the toilet and sink combo.

Truley wrote: »
    The U.S. locks up children at more than six times the rate of all other developed nations. On any given night in the U.S., there are approximately 60,500 youth confined in juvenile correctional facilities or other residential programs.

x_juvy00.jpg

x_juvy06.jpg

x_juvy05.jpg

x_juvy03.jpg

x_juvy042.jpg

PageImage-510800-3660841-juvenile_in_justice37.jpg

This was in the Pictures that Shock the World thread and I would rather post it there, but I know that discussions aren't allowed and it might get me banned, so whatever.

In a lot of cases, children would be sent to jail because it is a money-making scheme. Michael Moore's documentary, Capitalism: A Love Story. Essentially there would be a judge that would be given a certain amount of money for sending the child to jail. One such judge was recently sent to jail because of it.

• Advertisement

^
    I have never looked at that thread for a reason. :(:(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

^
    I have never looked at that thread for a reason. :(:(

It is probably the best thread I have gone through on boards.ie. Take an afternoon and start on post number one and you will be taken on an emotional journey through every major even since the advent of the camera.
    More recently (which was inevitable) the photos have not been as 'world shaking' but still one of my favourites.

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    It is probably the best thread I have gone through on boards.ie. Take an afternoon and start on post number one and you will be taken on an emotional journey through every major even since the advent of the camera.
    More recently (which was inevitable) the photos have not been as 'world shaking' but still one of my favourites.

I'd say it is very good alright. I'm just a tad too emotional as it is - I'd have to be in the right place, but I will look through it at some point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

This was in the Pictures that Shock the World thread and I would rather post it there, but I know that discussions aren't allowed and it might get me banned, so whatever.

In a lot of cases, children would be sent to jail because it is a money-making scheme. Michael Moore's documentary, Capitalism: A Love Story. Essentially there would be a judge that would be given a certain amount of money for sending the child to jail. One such judge was recently sent to jail because of it.

QI did a bit on US prisons. Jimmy Carr was disgusted which isn't an easy thing to do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Anyone else getting blank posts for the last 10 out of 12 posts in YLYL?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

ken wrote: »
    Anyone else getting blank posts for the last 10 out of 12 posts in YLYL?

That sometimes happens me. Just refresh the page a until the pics load.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

TheBody wrote: »
    That sometimes happens me. Just refresh the page a until the pics load.
    Cheers TheBody, Needed to restart comp and worked fine after that.

What's the story with the ice hockey fan putting his coffee under his jacket in ylyl?

Think it's a beer Gokei.

TheBody wrote: »
    I don't know why the ? marks were drawn backwards.

Think it's coz it's Arabic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

Think it's coz it's Arabic.

Ahhh!! Didn't think of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

Is this meant to be a reference to Fightclub?
    barone wrote: »
    250v8g5.jpg

"Of course, it's company policy never to imply ownership in the event of a dildo. We have to use the indefinite article, "a dildo", never … your dildo"

I don't fancy looking it up on google

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Is this meant to be a reference to Fightclub?

"Of course, it's company policy never to imply ownership in the event of a dildo. We have to use the indefinite article, "a dildo", never … your dildo"

I don't fancy looking it up on google

I think its in reference to something off Love/Hate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

Yeah it's Love/Hate. In order to ensure customs didn't look too thoroughly through a girls suitcase(she was smuggling drugs) she was told to have a huge dildo on top of her clothes to embarrass the guard from digging any deeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭keithsfleet

guttenberg wrote: »
    digging any deeper.

I'm so immature

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭PCX

What am I missing that's funny in the first picture on this post?

PCX wrote: »
    What am I missing that's funny in the first picture on this post?

Rather than do actual tiling, they're just stamping the shape onto wet concrete.

I think. Lazy lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭PCX

Rather than do actual tiling, they're just stamping the shape onto wet concrete.

I think. Lazy lads.

Thats just Stamped concrete though and you can see it all over the place here in Ireland. I thought there must be more to it that I was missing!

In that case I have no idea :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I just googled the names - it's the credits for Cheers.

Cheers-Credits.jpg

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

PCX wrote: »
    Thats just Stamped concrete though and you can see it all over the place here in Ireland. I thought there must be more to it that I was missing!

Yeah, that's the funny. It was more obvious when it was posted on reddit as the title was something to do with them being lazy or saving time. I guess stamped concrete isn't well known of.

1240212_703433093003785_421936323_n.jpg

Where is the funny?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Artful_Badger

Where is the funny?

Wiper but no window perhaps ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Where is the funny?

Redundant wind shield wiper?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement