Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cool Vids&Pics&Links Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Wiper but no window perhaps ?
    Grimebox wrote: »
    Redundant wind shield wiper?

:confused:
    standard on nearly every van, it's normal, not funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

So, if you black out your van, you're supposed to rip off the standard fitted wiper :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Artful_Badger

Yeah but regardless of whether its standard or the fact someone isnt expected to change it. It has a windscreen wiper but no windscreen.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Yeah but regardless of whether its standard or the fact someone isnt expected to change it. It has a windscreen wiper but no windscreen.....

There is no windscreen on the back of a van if you want to be that pedantic about it.

Quazzie wrote: »
    There is no windscreen on the back of a van if you want to be that pedantic about it.

I'm the one being pedantic here am I ? :D I'm just pointing out the reason why I think the pic was posted. It was a wiper but no window. Its hardly the first pic posted that wasnt funny or 100% on the mark.

Its a picture of a wiper on a van that has no window... At least as far as I can see. Perhaps its something else entirely.

• Advertisement

Ha, I only saw it afterwards. With the amount of images that end up being really subtle, I was looking for everything else like if the lights made a face, if the license plate spelled something funny, hell even if the reflection of the license plate spelled something funny, that I completely missed the obvious one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Gokei

hell even if the reflection of the license plate spelled something funny
    That's enough CSI meme's for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭colinod0806

josip wrote: »
    scaqmf.png

Could posts like this not be banned? Not only is it quoting the pic, but it's also just stupid thanks whoring imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Could posts like this not be banned? Not only is it quoting the pic, but it's also just stupid thanks whoring imo.

In that case what exactly is YLYL except for thanks whoring?

The original post is much more of a case for "thanks whoring". At least the quoted pic is making an attempt at humour. I'd prefer to see a clampdown on the non funny pictures that are only posted in YLYL for views. There's plenty of threads for the rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

http://www.viruscomix.com/sympathiestotheband.jpg

I'm only one that split their sides laughing at number 8?

• Advertisement

http://www.viruscomix.com/sympathiestotheband.jpg

I'm only one that split their sides laughing at number 8?

Yes..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

Orim wrote: »
    In that case what exactly is YLYL except for thanks whoring?

The original post is much more of a case for "thanks whoring". At least the quoted pic is making an attempt at humour. .

Thing is though, it's almost always a post thanked by the user Mike Litoris that this happens with, so it's not even something new from that point either.

It might have been humorous the first time it happened, but when it's that subtle of a difference from the original post it's pointless keeping both

It would be as pointless as taking a screenshot of something and posting it just because it has 69 likes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Thing is though, it's almost always a post thanked by the user Mike Litoris that this happens with, so it's not even something new from that point either.

It might have been humorous the first time it happened, but when it's that subtle of a difference from the original post it's pointless keeping both

It would be as pointless as taking a screenshot of something and posting it just because it has 69 likes.

'69' *Snicker* :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I wonder if the "Funny GIFs (No quoting pics)" thread should be 'One post - one pic' so as to allow pages to load quicker?

It may promote thanks whoring, as there would be thanks for each pic as opposed to each post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Victor wrote: »
    I wonder if the "Funny GIFs (No quoting pics)" thread should be 'One post - one pic' so as to allow pages to load quicker?

It may promote thanks whoring, as there would be thanks for each pic as opposed to each post.

The idea of "thanks whoring" makes me shudder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

The original post is much more of a case for "thanks whoring". At least the quoted pic is making an attempt at humour. I'd prefer to see a clampdown on the non funny pictures that are only posted in YLYL for views. There's plenty of threads for the rest.

What do you mean 'for views' - is not everything posted for views. Or am I missing something painfully opposite.

On Victor's comment - I suppose pages would load a lot quicker, with 30 posts a page with two or three gifs in each post - that is a heck of a lot to load in one go. Having large numbers of posts per page works everywhere else on boards bar YLYL.

Thanks to whoever posted youtube vid from QI on American jails - damn shocking stuff. I suppose it is legalised slavery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    What do you mean 'for views' - is not everything posted for views. Or am I missing something painfully opposite.

I meant that YLYL gets the most views so stuffs posted there rather than the appropriate thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

I meant that YLYL gets the most views so stuffs posted there rather than the appropriate thread.

Understand what you mean now. Knew I was being dopey.

I haven't gone in there for a long time. Once upon a time, I didn't miss a post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

looks like i wont be having a pint in the Oliver St John Gogarty any time soon. I remember hearing horror stories about pubs abroad costing 8/9 euro per pint. not too far behind now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

Can someone explain the goats butter pic?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

It sounds like Ghostbusters???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

Mousewar wrote: »
    It sounds like Ghostbusters???

Didn't see the text above it! Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

I don't get it.
    1382454892782462.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Sinfonia wrote: »
    I don't get it.

Ice Ice baby

iceLFI1104_468x762.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I thought it was much more vulgar

'The iceman cometh' :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=87392456&postcount=5007

You never see Batman applying his eye makeup.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=87392456&postcount=5007

You never see Batman applying his eye makeup.

True. Although you did see Nicolas Cage putting it on in Kick Ass when he played more or less Batman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

He normally batmans in the night, you know where there is no sun?

lkionm wrote: »
    He normally batmans in the night, you know where there is no sun?

Moonburn!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

lkionm wrote: »
    He normally batmans in the night...

Is 'to batman' a verb now?
    Cool! In that case,then all of the following are possible:

he will batman
    he batmanned
    he has batmanned
    he will be batmanning

And so are:

I batman
    you batman
    he/she batmans
    we batman
    you (plural) batman
    they batman

Wait! What was that? Back up a minute!

"I batman"?!

Cool! "I batman".

Guys, I'm Batman! lkionm said so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

Is 'to batman' a verb now?
    Cool! In that case,then all of the following are possible:

he will batman
    he batmanned
    he has batmanned
    he will be batmanning

And so are:

I batman
    you batman
    he/she batmans
    we batman
    you (plural) batman
    they batman

Wait! What was that? Back up a minute!

"I batman"?!

Cool! "I batman".

Guys, I'm Batman! lkionm said so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

6507_4698.gif

Is there anything to this other than bewbs

I think it's a challenge. The fact that their glasses are attached means that she can keep track of his eye sight. It's probably to see how long he lasts before his eyes divert down to her chest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

No!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I think it's a challenge. The fact that their glasses are attached means that she can keep track of his eye sight. It's probably to see how long he lasts before his eyes divert down to her chest.

I watched that for ten minutes, and only noticed the glasses when I read your post.

/Ghey test passed!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

Post 5121
    "Homeless people + empty buildings = society failed"

Where's the lolz? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Post 5121

There is none, it's someone failing to understand the thread!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,965 ✭✭✭blackwhite

kmart6 wrote: »
    There is none, it's someone failing to understand the thread!

It's yet another case of thanks-whoring because they know it's the most viewed thread.

How hard is it to quote the image, copy the text (including the link for the photo) and paste it here? Instead of us trying to track down that specific post number.

You also don't even specify which thread? I'm assuming You Laugh You Lose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

How hard is it to quote the image, copy the text (including the link for the photo) and paste it here? Instead of us trying to track down that specific post number.

You also don't even specify which thread? I'm assuming You Laugh You Lose.

I was on my phone. Relax. I did as best as I could by quoting the pic.

Maybe you should ask a mod to post a note in the OP stating that the picture has to be quoted so that you don't spend unnecessary time searching for it. Then when that happens, you can report me for not following the charter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

yea, you know, chat about funny pics is serious business..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

What am I missing here?
    kl4i.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

That's when Love/Hate was usually on I think. Perhaps its suggesting that Love/Hate had a lot of room to improve

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

Grimebox wrote: »
    That's when Love/Hate was usually on I think. Perhaps its suggesting that Love/Hate had a lot of room to improve

I think they're just unhappy that Love/Hate is over and is being replaced by Room To Improve

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Julez

Post 5121

Genrally when I look at something in YLYL and I'm like "WTF?", I just realise its Capt'n Midnight. I've come to accept it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Blisterman wrote: »
    What am I missing here?
    kl4i.png

I'm looking forward to seeing the audacious extension in Westport

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

I've noticed that a lot of the Gifs in the Funny Gifs thread don't load fully, so they start to play and then go back to the start again before they've played fully. It happens a lot with Capt. Midnight's Gifs for me.

Any idea why?

Thanks...

J.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

jasonb wrote: »
    I've noticed that a lot of the Gifs in the Funny Gifs thread don't load fully, so they start to play and then go back to the start again before they've played fully. It happens a lot with Capt. Midnight's Gifs for me.

Any idea why?

Thanks...

J.
    h96302F55

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

I like cooking, my family, and my pets.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement