Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cool Vids&Pics&Links Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Gokei wrote: »
    Not sure I want to know, but any ideas?
    It's a fat chick who is repulsed at the thought of eating a brussel sprout.

g1335068729704089466.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Eoin wrote: »
    A bit of help please?

This is from the frat boy type who call their friends bro, which became brah, and the comic is taking it to extremes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

I think it's someone on one of those weight-loss TV shows gagging at the thoughts of eating something green and having to be comforted over the trauma they've suffered.

More social comment than LOL, I'd have thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

h96302F55

Maybe I'm missing the joke (nothing new there) but exactly how does that answer my original question about some GIFs not loading fully and restarting before they reach the end of the clip?

J.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,965 ✭✭✭blackwhite

If you rely on MS Word for grammar tips, I despair for your education.

I'd happily wager I've a higher level of education than most on here, but please carry on thanks-whoring if it makes you feel superior to strangers on the internet :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

blackwhite wrote: »
    I'd happily wager I've a higher level of education than most on here, but please carry on thanks-whoring if it makes you feel superior to strangers on the internet :rolleyes:

I think your comment works better if you leave out the bit not in bold.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭red_0007

Proof positive that having an education doesn't necessarily make you smart.

(At the risk of falling victim to Muphry's law)
    If you copy and paste into MS Word it'll highlight it for you.....

I don't have MS Word but I do have other free software with grammar checking options. It seems that your statement concerning your claims to a higher level of education has a grammatical mistake.

Apparently, the use of "I've a" is a non-standard contraction. It is suggested that it is more appropriate to use "I have a" or "I've got a" to express possession.

On a non-grammatical note, it's also missing a full-stop.

Hope this helps :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I think we'll need a discussion thread for the discussion thread if this petty bickering keeps up.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭red_0007

Eoin wrote: »
    I think we'll need a discussion thread for the discussion thread if this petty bickering keeps up.

6LD6wPf.jpg?1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

http://img1.joyreactor.com/pics/post/google-glass-interview-erotic-864811.jpeg

i take it thats google glasses? what will become of the world when those badboys are released? was really funny though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

emo72 wrote: »

i take it thats google glasses? what will become of the world when those badboys are released? was really funny though.

We'll have people sitting in Starbucks sipping their mochacchino frappelatte staring straight at people and talking out loud about how much money they're going to earn this week, and how great that movie/song/art is. They still use Apple products for everything, but these google glasses are absolutely amazeballs...

Full video of OP.
    http://www.au-taquet.net/google-glass-lentretien-dembauche-par-gonzague/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Watch this: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2089050/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

The best thing that I like about this photo is that she knows exactly what she is doing. There was only ever one person controlling that interview, and it certainly wasn't him.

That is, if this is even a real interview or just staged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Wilberto wrote: »
    The best thing that I like about this photo is that she knows exactly what she is doing. There was only ever one person controlling that interview, and it certainly wasn't him.

That is, if this is even a real interview or just staged.

I'm just guessing here but I think it was staged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

A V A wrote: »
    tumblr_mtc23ivFMG1qf5do9o1_400.gif

Any context to this?

Probably God trying to tell us that twerking is stupid.

Maybe I'm over-thinking it, but I thought that it was a car crashing, because of what the driver had seen through the window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

DD9090 wrote: »
    Any context to this?

It's a Youtube video

http://imgur.com/gallery/z0L3Soq

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Allyall wrote: »

Links to Destroid.com which has something to do with dubstep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Good to see that Eathrin has discovered Poorly Drawn Lines this weekend...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Probably God trying to tell us that twerking is stupid.
    You don't like twerking?! O.o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

koth wrote: »
    BZV_Cx4CYAA7zBi.png

I don't get the point of these images. Firstly they are not particularly funny, but secondly they are clearly not a genuine poster, you can see that the 'handwriting' is actually a font.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

This is amazing. Anyone know where I can find more?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=87572479&postcount=5387

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

Alicat wrote: »
    281134.jpg

What am I missing?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Artful_Badger

lil_lisa wrote: »
    What am I missing?

Cúnt Pharmacy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

9680_9ed7_500.jpeg
    Scotty fixing stuff, is that not just normal?

0480_02d2.png
    :confused:
    18 years too early or ridiculously young parents

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

That looks like (maybe? I don't watch the show recognise the actor though) the current doctor who. So I guess that's the joke, he turned up really really early, before the woman was born?

Yeah its a joke about showing up 18 years early for a date.

First one I think is Scotty fixing Dr Who's time machine or whatever he goes about in. Looks somewhat like the Enterprise reactor but it isnt. Dont thin they had post its on Star Trek.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

What's with the "Robert Lewandowski not playing for Germany" twitter feeds screencaps?

What's with the "Robert Lewandowski not playing for Germany" twitter feeds screencaps?

He plays for Poland

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Robert McGrath

Tell me that you at least Googled his name first

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Because he was playing against Ireland on Tuesday night.......for Poland. He's one of the stars in the German league but he plays for Poland. Yet these people who obviously think they have a certain amount of football knowledge are complaining that Joachim Low (the manager of Germany) hasn't even picked him for the German squad, clearly not realising that Lewandowski is in fact Polish.

Anyone who is even remotely interested in soccer, as they clearly claim to be since they are commenting on a soccer tweet/status, really should know this.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Tell me that you at least Googled his name first

Yes
    He plays for Poland

Which is why I couldn't understand the joke...
    Because he was playing against Ireland on Tuesday night.......for Poland. He's one of the stars in the German league but he plays for Poland. Yet these people who obviously think they have a certain amount of football knowledge are complaining that Joachim Low (the manager of Germany) hasn't even picked him for the German squad, clearly not realising that Lewandowski is in fact Polish.

Anyone who is even remotely interested in soccer, as they clearly claim to be since they are commenting on a soccer tweet/status, really should know this.

...because it seems there wasn't one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Post 5483
    chops018 wrote:
    What's with this thread having frequent reposts, and worse than that the pics being reposted seem to be only a couple of pages back, now we're having GIFs and De-Motivationals in this thread.

Sorry for the rant Mods; This thread isn't as funny as it used to be, and this makes me sad.

Post 5491
    chops108 wrote:
    **REPOST**WORKER RECEIVES 10 FORMAL COMPLAINTS IN SIX MONTHS**REPOST**

Oh the irony....

...because it seems there wasn't one.

Sorry, I wasn't having a go by the way

If a person has no interest, or even just a passing interest, in soccer then it's quite understandable why they might think a player who they may see as a player playing for a German team (Borussia Dortmund) is in fact German. I have no problem with that.

But, to be criticising an international managers team selection suggests that they think they know considerably more about soccer than they actually know which is, I suspect, very little.

So, just to clarify, I didn't mean any offence to you by my last post. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

10 formal complaints...

David Thorne (the guy the complaints were made about) has a whole website full of this sort of stuff. He plays similar pranks on his neighbours and on others too.

When he got a bill for a chiropractor for 900 bucks, he sent them a sketch of a spider that he drew, saying he valued the sketch at 900 bucks. The email exchange is a brilliant read.

Have a look at it here: http://www.27bslash6.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

A V A wrote: »
    tumblr_mwmasl3TAL1qewacoo1_r1_500.png

Holy crap thats a depressed Ed China!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

It didn't stop Podolski ;)

• Advertisement

Quazzie wrote: »
    It didn't stop Podolski ;)

Yeah, I was going to mention him in my explanation but I didn't want to overcomplicate things!! :D:D:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

happiest_dog_in_the_world.jpg

???

123 thanks? Is it because the dog looks happy? Thats a lot of thanks for a happy dog.

Funkfield wrote: »
    ???

123 thanks? Is it because the dog looks happy? Thats a lot of thanks for a happy dog.

He's got a Hollywood smile though. And he's happy because he met his hero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

7bc.jpg

What are these about? they seemed to have come out of nowhere all of a sudden.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Access wrote: »
    7bc.jpg

What are these about? they seemed to have come out of nowhere all of a sudden.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/doge

TheBody wrote: »
    1471379_1435721909977377_1570539666_n.jpg

Every. Exam. Ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,332 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

here we go..
    MS Removed the always on requirement - can play offline.
    MS Removed the need for Kinnect to be connected - can play without a camera attached.
    MS Removed the DRM restrictions - can trade/swap/borrow games without issue.

Your post was wrong, and not funny. So there you are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

What am I missing with this or is it just a cute dog?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=87692019&postcount=5615

Synode wrote: »

Hitler dog

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,294 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Synode wrote: »

Looks like Hitler. Second photo is him giving a Nazi salute.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement