Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cool Vids&Pics&Links Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

5k25nd.jpg

6EByTp.jpg

say what now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Newaglish wrote: »

say what now

The one with the 3 pictures in a row should be in the nope thread coz it's fcking terrifying!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Artful_Badger

I think Capt Midnight has finally done it. Posted every pic and gif on the internet. All I see when he posts his 10 image long posts are reposts.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I think Capt Midnight has finally done it. Posted every pic and gif on the internet. All I see when he posts his 10 image long posts are reposts.
    Just report the reposts

or post new pics ;)

Just report the reposts

or post new pics ;)

Waste of time reporting reposts in fairness. Specially when you have to explain which one/s out of dozen pics and do it on a regular basis. Sounds too much like effort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

A repost for one person is brand new for someone else. Unless it was in the last few weeks I dont think people should be reporting them.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    A repost for one person is brand new for someone else.

Yeah that's true but its mostly just something posted earlier in the thread. It generally doesn't bother me but when I see several reposts in posts with lots of pics some of which have been reposted several times and then the same again on the next page it bugs me a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

Just report the reposts

or post new pics ;)

Or just post one or two at a time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

People moaning about reposts is a real pet peeve of mine. Why do people care so much?

Grimebox wrote: »
    People moaning about reposts is a real pet peeve of mine. Why do people care so much?

Same reason you care so much about people moaning about them I guess. Just irritates some people. Part of the issue I have too I guess is that Capt Midnight posts so many pics. Just seems like its quantity vs quality and that's why the reposts appear.

The reason I mention it is just because there's a few posts containing quite a few pics that are reposts over the last couple days and I'm pretty sure its not long since they were posted. How your boyfriends sees your male friends (pack of wolves), adobiwan kenobi, MS word shame if your document disappeared, if your not paying you're the product and some others. And that's just over a couple pages.

Then again maybe I'm just tired and grumpy and being a dick. Capt Midnight I'm sorry if I'm being a dick.

Same reason you care so much about people moaning about them I guess. Just irritates some people. Part of the issue I have too I guess is that Capt Midnight posts so many pics. Just seems like its quantity vs quality and that's why the reposts appear.

The reason I mention it is just because there's a few posts containing quite a few pics that are reposts over the last couple days and I'm pretty sure its not long since they were posted. How your boyfriends sees your male friends (pack of wolves), adobiwan kenobi, MS word shame if your document disappeared, if your not paying you're the product and some others. And that's just over a couple pages.

Then again maybe I'm just tired and grumpy and being a dick. Capt Midnight I'm sorry if I'm being a dick.

I predicted the bolded part. I too am being a grumpy hungover dick

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭macplato

Could somebody tell me the name of this boxer, please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

macplato wrote: »
    Could somebody tell me the name of this boxer, please?

It's from the film Sailor Beware starring Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis.

If you open Google Images in another tab, then left click, hold an image/gif and drag it into the search box it should give information about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭macplato

Aenaes wrote: »
    It's from the film Sailor Beware starring Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis.

If you open Google Images in another tab, then left click, hold an image/gif and drag it into the search box it should give information about it.

That's a fancy little trick, thanks a mill!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

This Tinder Banter ****e better not become a regular thing.

ThisRegard wrote: »

I know. If I wanted to read the general public spouting garbage, I'd go to After Hours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭keithsfleet

The receivers always say that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I could handle Dolan duck and Doge etc.. I could even handle iPhone autocorrect jokes when they were really really struggling, but reading somebody repeating bad, very, very old chatup lines that they texted to someone, and their reply, is just shít.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Can anyone help me find a pic, I can't remember if I seen it on FB or in the YLYL thread but I can't find it anywhere. It's a pic of Jack and Rose from Titanic except the meme has replaced the dialogue with that of the Wolf of Wall Street expressing Jacks/Leo's interest in finding the qualudes because he doesn't want to "die sober". Probably wrong place to come looking for a pic but fvck it I'm completely smashed right now and don't care! But please help find this piece of internet genius for not just me, but for the internet the a whole, we can make this a better cyberspace for all of us to live in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Here you go Gandalph

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

You're a gent, thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

I had no fscking idea what that was about when it was posted, so thanks from me too! :pac:

This is a true story, said by Jason McAteer (Trigger) :D. Had to search for it, as I wasn't sure if I imagined it.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=89523833&postcount=8566

From HERE
    Your nickname is Trigger. Small Talk's always wondered whether the famous McAteer pizza story is urban myth or fact?
    It is true mate, yeah. They asked if I wanted a whole pizza cut into four or eight and I said four because I'd never eat all of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Another reason for the TRIGGER nickname:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wxjg03xq4k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Allyall wrote: »

It's George RR Martin from Game of Thrones. He likes killing off characters.

It's George RR Martin from Game of Thrones. He likes killing off characters.

Aaaaaaaaaaaahhh... Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Youzername

Where do the sketches of different countries depicted as balls coloured like their flags come from? They are gas :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

Youzername wrote: »
    Where do the sketches of different countries depicted as balls coloured like their flags come from? They are gas :P

That is Polandball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

And http://www.reddit.com/r/polandball/?count=51&before=t3_1z6va0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭dball

can someone post a recent ylyl that was about a double negative. it appeared in the last 1-2 weeks i think, i cant find it but Im sure i saw it nearby.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Just google "countryballs".

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

dball wrote: »
    can someone post a recent ylyl that was about a double negative. it appeared in the last 1-2 weeks i think, i cant find it but Im sure i saw it nearby.

Thanks

Was it this joke?
    An MIT linguistics professor was lecturing his class the other day. "In English," he said, "a double negative forms a positive. However, in some languages, such as Russian, a double negative remains a negative. But there isn't a single language, not one, in which a double positive can express a negative."
    A voice from the back of the room piped up, "Yeah, right."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

40-32%2=4!
    ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Addle wrote: »
    40-32%2=4!
    ?
    Multiplication and division before addition and subtraction. The answer is 24. To get 4 we would need brackets (40-32)/2=4

that said the 4! would indicate that the answer is 4x3x2x1 so it is actually correct.

But 4!=24

Hahahahahahaha.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

But 4!=24

Hahahahahahaha.

Edited just in time darkglasses :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Way to cover your tracks there Pawwed Pig!! :pac:

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Way to cover your tracks there Pawwed Pig!! :pac:

the timestamps don't lie;)

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    the timestamps don't lie;)

The full site does show editing times though doesn't it!

"That said" ;)

Also, sorry for the swineification of your name P R

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Also, sorry for the swineification of your name P R

It happens alot for some reason

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Addle wrote: »
    40-32%2=4!
    ?
    you can read it two ways

(40-32)/2= 8/2 = 4 ! (exclamation mark)

or 40-(32/2)= 24 = 4x3x2x1 = 4! (factorial)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

you can read it two ways

(40-32)/2= 8/2 = 4 ! (exclamation mark)

or 40-(32/2)= 24 = 4x3x2x1 = 4! (factorial)

First one is wrong though as someone said above. BOMDAS - Brackets, of, multiplication, division, subtraction

Synode wrote: »
    First one is wrong though as someone said above. BOMDAS - Brackets, of, multiplication, division, subtraction
    What about those who don't know the rules of precedence and work left to right ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

What about those who don't know the rules of precedence and work left to right ?

These are the ones we leave behind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Gokei

Thank you all for putting to bed any lingering regret I had about doing an apprenticeship over going to college full time all those years ago.

Gokei wrote: »
    Thank you all for putting to bed any lingering regret I had about doing an apprenticeship over going to college full time all those years ago.

How so?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement