Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cool Vids&Pics&Links Discussion Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

wilser wrote: »
    aah okay. Guess I'm just not down with the kids anymore :(
    I don't think you're the only one. I had no idea either

Molly is also slang for MDMA. Cocaine and MDMA.
    My young daughter is called Molly, fúcking slang! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

My young daughter is called Molly, fúcking slang! :mad:

I think it was made famous by this Trinidad James song..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I never heard of Trinidad James either :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

she might like this song then :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    I never heard of Trinidad James either :D

4nyb6Rd.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

Molly has always been used in hip hop or deep south 'trap' music lol just these fcukin ejits come along and selling it to young kids lol heard a 16 year old say 'Popping molly this weekend ' lol in the name of jesus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

I am confuse.
    Never having watched The Walking Dead, is the kid's name Carl, Karl or Coral? I've seen all three used on memes but the Coral ones seem more recent and I've never heard of a boy called Coral before. Maybe it's a new layer of funny based on how Carl is pronounced in the show that I'm not getting.
    Like The Sopranos, I'm just too far behind the curve on this one to start watching the series now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

milltown wrote: »
    I am confuse.
    Never having watched The Walking Dead, is the kid's name Carl, Karl or Coral? I've seen all three used on memes but the Coral ones seem more recent and I've never heard of a boy called Coral before. Maybe it's a new layer of funny based on how Carl is pronounced in the show that I'm not getting.
    Like The Sopranos, I'm just too far behind the curve on this one to start watching the series now.

1) It's because the way his father pronounces it sounds like coral.
    2) It's never too late to start watching the Sopranos. Or the Walking Dead for that matter... Or the Wire... Or the West Wing... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

moggser wrote: »
    When you see it
    Link to post & picture

Any excuse to post this song......

:D:D:D :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭macplato

Oh, this is evil! If only I saw this pic yesterday! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

WTF am I not seeing in that Coke bottle image?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

The names are lyrics from the above song Mambo no.5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

I didn't get it either, wife had to tell me. I kept thinking of beautiful south - song for whoever. (even though none of the right names were there)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,908 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

moggser wrote: »
    When you see it

What am I supposed to see?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Suas11 wrote: »
    What am I supposed to see?

Watch the previous video and listen to the lyrics, particularly the list of women that tickles his fancy.

I was thinking it might be the lyrics to that song but its not, you know, funny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

What annoys me most is that it says 'When you see it'. That's for when there's something in a picture that's not immediately obvious but if you look long enough you'll find it.

I could stare at that picture all day and I'd see nothing to help me get it unless I somehow remembered the lyrics from some crappy song 15 years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

One thing that I will never forget about that song is that, when 100,000 people were gathered in the centre of Dundalk waiting for Bill Clinton to arrive and make his speech, the DJ that was keeping us entertained during the wait played it.
    When it came to the chorus, everyone sang along. Just with slightly altered lyrics...

"A little bit of Monica, a little bit of Monica, a little bit of Monica, a little bit of Monica, a little bit of Monica..."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

I'm curious as to what the rest of the sentence would have been.

"When you see it...

...you'll wonder is that really what's supposed to be funny?"?
    ...you'll have that stupid song in your head"?
    ...you'll be completely underwhelmed"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭De Bhál

The Russian subtitles on tg4, what's that about?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

DazMarz wrote: »
    Drink 6 litres of water in one go... and die!!! Personally, if you want to kill yourself, I'd say pills are a lot easier.

10593108_937662149583977_2514611229630600985_n.png
    So you can't OD on caffeine , the 28L of water would kill you first :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

EDit: I see what you mean now. Doh

Adamantium wrote: »
    aGq2m.gif

From this angle, it looks like the top middle mechanic is just giving the car a hug.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

De Bhál wrote: »
    The Russian subtitles on tg4, what's that about?

Because there's no English subtitles. Although I can't find the video in question (none of the TG4 videos have subtitles on youtube as far as I could see), that may be because it's blocked from being accessed outside Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

From this angle, it looks like the top middle mechanic is just giving the car a hug.

It does indeed :)

What are they doing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,965 ✭✭✭blackwhite

What are they doing?

Guy coming from the top appears to be clearing any debris/rubbish from the air intake.

Guy from the top also gives the driver a little peck on the head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

modsnip

This guy is consistently spamming CVPL with his own YouTube videos. Is this allowed?

Mod note - Just report the posts and the mods will deal with it. Not suitable for discussion on thread. Cheers.
    But No is your answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Allyall wrote: »
    Best way to describe it is............................. "Repost".

FYP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Doge wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84DLT4yRcy4

(Well i thought it was funny anyway.... :/)

This is a Reddit in-joke about neckbeards. This guy is not real. If you go to r/videos on reddit and check out the comment section of half the posted videos on Youtube you'll invariably see a similar comment with the exact same picture as an avatar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

The Nacho in eye school form, legit?

Vomiting has only one 't', I thought.

Pawwed Rig wrote: »

That was in the gaming humour thread where it makes more sense. Twitch is a game streaming service that recently got acquired by google. Recently all music being played over the service is now muted due to legal reasons, which is absolutely terrible news. YouTube have a similar competing service which was considered far worse as far as I know.

That was in the gaming humour thread where it makes more sense. Twitch is a game streaming service that recently got acquired by google. Recently all music being played over the service is now muted due to legal reasons, which is absolutely terrible news. YouTube have a similar competing service which was considered far worse as far as I know.

It was funny, but being a COD fan, nearly all my streams are on MLG already!

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭harvester of sorrow

Dafuq man...thats a bit much for here.

Mod note - comments on http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=91646597&postcount=2976 moved from photos that shook the world thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Rucking_Fetard

What's going on in the first one^^^ Was stuff deleted from the post?

Or pics edited to links?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

In the first picture, is the ISIS jihadist with his prey, a helpless,terrified looking 7- year old girl.
    She looks terrified, as any child would and the jihadist announces his marriage to the 7-year-old from one of the conquered minority villages.

The photo was first published on twitter by a Muslim user (@Fadel_alHadidi), who profess to be an ISIS militant marrying a 7-year old 'kafir' from the occupied minority districts. When a forced conversion takes place, the victim is first forced to recite the Quran verses to make the pedo-marriage halal according to Sharia law!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

peaceboi wrote: »
    In the first picture, is the ISIS jihadist with his prey, a helpless,terrified looking 7- year old girl.
    She looks terrified, as any child would and the jihadist announces his marriage to the 7-year-old from one of the conquered minority villages.

The photo was first published on twitter by a Muslim user (@Fadel_alHadidi), who profess to be an ISIS militant marrying a 7-year old 'kafir' from the occupied minority districts. When a forced conversion takes place, the victim is first forced to recite the Quran verses to make the pedo-marriage halal according to Sharia law!

Those photos are TERRIFYING :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

The 2nd pic of the rifles held at the child who is probably not even 10 months old yet is fcukin sickening.
    Seriously these "people" should be hung.

The first image is heartbreaking. They're all awful, but the first is just heartbreaking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

The last one is a bit much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

bohsboy wrote: »

I understand what you mean but I find the first two far more distressing.

That poor girl :(:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭quad_red

bohsboy wrote: »

I don't understand what I'm looking at. Are they killing those children? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Shocking stuff. They should be locked up and the keys thrown away. Really can't understand how people can lose their humanity so much, all in the name of religion

Synode wrote: »
    Shocking stuff. They should be locked up and the keys thrown away. Really can't understand how people can lose their humanity so much, all in the name of religion
    Religion is just the excuse this time around. Cambodia was ideology, Rwanda - ethnicity, Germany - elitism, Yugoslavia, Syria, Israel etc etc. It is scary when you consider what your neighbours are capable of given the circumstances.
    The big difference here is that it is all being caught on camera so there will be a reckoning for all the perpetrators eventually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

peaceboi wrote: »

All of that completely untrue apparently. The guy whose twitter you linked to said so himself. It was a still from a video taken during a Quran recital competition and the little girl started to cry when she messed up a verse.

BuToZPVCIAEak26.jpg

Not that it makes ISIS any less of a bunch of murderous despicable scumbags. How can people behave in such a barbaric way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Rucking_Fetard

Standman wrote: »
    All of that completely untrue apparently. The guy whose twitter you linked to said so himself. It was a still from a video taken during a Quran recital competition and the little girl started to cry when she messed up a verse.

Not that it makes ISIS any less of a bunch of murderous despicable scumbags. How can people behave in such a barbaric way?
    All the pics look fake.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement