Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cool Vids&Pics&Links Discussion Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

No suggestions for the last few weeks really. If you fire up some suggestions we will get one up tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    No suggestions for the last few weeks really. If you fire up some suggestions we will get one up tomorrow

I'm stumped, but Fred has put a fair few suggestion in there now at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Let it die gracefully

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I'm stumped, but Fred has put a fair few suggestion in there now at this stage.

I just see the NK ones which were (to be fair) posted on 23rd Dec which was my last day of work before hols so I may have looked at them but then forgot about them. I don't see any others there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

The pics of Sean Quinn on the podium look good (Submittable).. Everything else in the News seems to be Murder or Death.. :(

ok if you put more in yesterday after CMs original post you could have just said that. I was on mobile all evening yesterday on which I don't look at pics.

I will put one up today sometime:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

What's with the Ronald Regan pic in YLYL?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

whiskeyman wrote: »
    What's with the Ronald Regan pic in YLYL?

Is the kid Putin? Still not funny though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Gorbachev_and_Reagan_1988-4.jpg

''C47341-10, President Reagan greets a young boy while touring Red Square during the Moscow Summit. 5/31/88. It appear in this picture young Vladimir Putin, on the left (white T-shirt)''

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭GBX

New Home wrote: »
    http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Gorbachev_and_Reagan_1988-4.jpg

''C47341-10, President Reagan greets a young boy while touring Red Square during the Moscow Summit. 5/31/88. It appear in this picture young Vladimir Putin, on the left (white T-shirt)''

Doesnt look like Putin to me ... plus not exactly a funny pic.
    PHO-08Jan17-101135.jpg

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Is the kid Putin? Still not funny though.
    Regan would have to bow if he was to shake hands with the kid. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

I thought it was supposed to be funny because the bloke with the camera & stripey polo behind the kid looks a bit like Enda..sides still intact either way.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

glynf wrote: »
    I thought it was supposed to be funny because the bloke with the camera & stripey polo behind the kid looks a bit like Enda..sides still intact either way.

I thought the same, to be honest. Turns out that's Putin...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

What does the baseball cap represent?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

When it was posted on reddit, it was started that the guy in the stripey top was Putin and he was a KGB agent at the time. People really should post the title of the picture when they take it from reddit or else where, sometimes it makes no sense without it.

JFK to Shannon?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

JFK to Shannon?

Looped around in a circle rather than just straight

I dont think anybody in the photo is Putin at all. Its probably been bandied about that he is in it and shown up on other sites. The chap with the camera has a slight resemblance to Enda Kenny. Thats the only lookalike I can tell in the pic.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

GAAman wrote: »
    Looped around in a circle rather than just straight

Am I right in saying that sometimes they need to do loop around like that in order to burn off fuel as it can be dangerous to land if there's is more than a certain amount of it on board?

At least, I vaguely remember either seeing, reading, or hearing that somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Falcon L

Wilberto wrote: »
    Am I right in saying that sometimes they need to do loop around like that in order to burn off fuel as it can be dangerous to land if there's is more than a certain amount of it on board?

Not after a flight from JFK. The flight was in a hold pattern for 1 loop. Nothing funny in that at all.

Falcon L wrote: »
    Not after a flight from JFK. The flight was in a hold pattern for 1 loop. Nothing funny in that at all.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Most flights have to do a loop before they land. Nothing unusual or funny about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

The burn off fuel or dump it before doing an emergency landing.

Thats just a holding pattern before landing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,965 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Am I right in saying that sometimes they need to do loop around like that in order to burn off fuel let the runway clear as it can be dangerous to land if there's is more than a certain amount of it on board another aircraft on the runway?

FYP :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

What does the baseball cap represent?

Nothing... just a baseball cap.
    I guess it's just showing a baseball cap would need it's own visor from the sun?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Overly Attached Girlfriend seems ridiculously cool!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHp3jqRj-jg

Did these guys die? I'm guessing yes based on what's left of the car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHp3jqRj-jg

Did these guys die? I'm guessing yes based on what's left of the car.

Aparrantly not http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/lamborghini-huracan-video-shows-moment-5008237

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

GRzpI7N.png

I dunno, why doesn't Data have WiFi?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I dunno, why doesn't Data have WiFi?
    Perhaps because TNG ended 3 years before 802.11 came about, and 5 years before the term Wi-Fi was used commercially?

Signs of the Zodiac re-imagined as mythical monsters:

Sagittarius

zodiac-monsters-digital-art-damon-hellandbrand-20.jpg

A horse with the body of a horse and the body of a man with the head of a horse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

A horse with the body of a horse and the body of a man with the head of a horse.

xzib_zps8c8147c3.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,843 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Galway K9 wrote: »
    Help?
    patrick.jpg?w=676

i'd love to see a dina soar. I'd love to see a dinosaur

I thought it was dina mite. I thought it was dynamite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Presumably the "this is my Ireland" pic is something to do with the photographer being in the ****ty dark part while the faraway horizon is sunny? Best I could come up with...

Also - since when did Bootup start thanking posts? Has he always done so? How would that work if he's a bot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Ficheall wrote: »
    Presumably the "this is my Ireland" pic is something to do with the photographer being in the ****ty dark part while the faraway horizon is sunny? Best I could come up with...

Also - since when did Bootup start thanking posts? Has he always done so? How would that work if he's a bot?

Plot twist.

He isn't?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Pretty sure bootup isn't a bot....

Kovu wrote: »
    Pretty sure bootup isn't a bot....

....if only I could check his shared ip adresses.

....if only I could check his shared ip adresses.

Oh if only :rolleyes:

You can see previous posts though.

• Advertisement

Ficheall wrote: »

Not a bot

Oh if only :rolleyes:

You can see previous posts though.

Why won't he talk to us?

Why won't he talk to us?

Because who wants to talk to a Gowl? ;)

Because who wants to talk to a Gowl? ;)

Not any farmers anyway!

Not any farmers anyway!

Why? Do you eat sheepies? Farmers don't like Gowls that eat sheepies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

The Heath Ledger skateboard pic is a fake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

The Eire ring in the gif thread, anyone any info of it. Does someone make them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

The Eire ring in the gif thread, anyone any info of it. Does someone make them?
    Link to reddit thread.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/gifs/comments/2doet0/sorcery/

Here's the guy that makes and sells them.
    https://www.etsy.com/ie/shop/JoshsCoinRings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I have tried reading this in multiple accents, and with slang..

I can't make sense of it at all..
    FLWl5ZF.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Day Ight Donuts.

They A'ight Donuts.

They're Alright Donuts.

So the complete gag is ''They're not the best donuts, but they're alright donuts''. Think of an African American accent.

What's the Olly Murs/X Faxtor one about?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement