Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cool Vids&Pics&Links Discussion Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

BaZmO* wrote: »
    The first one is funny if you it in a Russian accent.

Bizarrely, that actually kind of worked! :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

The first one is funny if you it in a Russian Latvian accent.
    FYP

Knock knock
    Who’s there?
    Latvian.
    Latvian who?
    Please open door. Is cold.

Q : What are one potato say other potato?

A : Premise ridiculous. Who have two potato?

Why six is afraid seven? Because seven have many friend politburo.

Latvian Jokes Background

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Help a brother out....

B8_gAC-IYAEFY6o.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

Bad spelling. Disruption and minimum are incorrect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

TheBody wrote: »
    Bad spelling. Disruption and minimum are incorrect.

Also, to be a Grammar Nazi, it's missing the apostrophe on neighbours.

Help a brother out....

B8_gAC-IYAEFY6o.jpg
    Anyone checked the Irish?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

Anyone checked the Irish?

My Irish teacher wife says it's ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Synode wrote: »

He's wearing camouflage.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

The chap is wearing camouflage, it's supposed to make you 'invisible'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭darlenmol

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=94214358&postcount=6017

There are a few pic that I can never see, this is the latest one. Is anyone else having the same problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

darlenmol wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=94214358&postcount=6017

There are a few pic that I can never see, this is the latest one. Is anyone else having the same problem.

Are you using Internet Explorer or Firefox? Alot of images loaded on Chrome have problems on other browsers for some reason. Not sure why

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭darlenmol

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Are you using Internet Explorer or Firefox? Alot of images loaded on Chrome have problems on other browsers for some reason. Not sure why

Using Chrome fully updated too. I can see the images if I use Torch, the Chrome clone.

EDIT: I disabled an extension I use called Disconnect. There was something to do with Twitter in the code of the pic so it was blocked.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

So, is this actually for real?

7NsmzG.png

Surprise surprise, it's not. I even included the original posters poor grammar.

It does, however, show that Google is a Grammar Nazi. I like Google!

:pac: :D

• Advertisement

Wilberto wrote: »
    Surprise surprise, it's not. I even included the original posters poor grammar.

*poster's.

Muphry's Law strikes again. :D :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,235 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

I think the valentine's jokes have been overdone so far :) if its so bad now imagine what its gonna be like on Saturday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

That cat looks like an Ewok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

It's a silly joke - the SQL code on the car in place of the licence plate is supposed to be an SQL injection - when the camera tries to read the plate, it reads the SQL instead and drops (deletes) the table from the database that recorded all the speeders.

Not possible in a real world situation of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭Kat1170

I'm only guessing here but I'd say that is a line of script on the front of the car that will cause the traffic camera computer to crash when it reads it ..... I think :confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

MattressMick just got more free publicity than most other companies his size could only dream of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

The photoshop comp is a bit of a let down this week. People are just republishing images they've found on other forums.

smash wrote: »
    The photoshop comp is a bit of a let down this week. People are just republishing images they've found on other forums.

Can't speak for the others, but happy to post the photoshop source images (.psd files) if mine are in question.

mike_ie wrote: »
    Can't speak for the others, but happy to post the photoshop source images (.psd files) if mine are in question.
    :rolleyes:

http://looptt.com/2015/02/05/favourite-memes-mugabes-stumble/

https://twitter.com/oyoziphozakhe/status/563457494107037697

https://twitter.com/JordanMetcalf/status/563379191954292736

Synode wrote: »
    mike.ie's is clearly a different picture :confused::confused:

It's the exact same concept as lots of others that are floating around the net. Mike's version is pretty much just an uncropped version of the others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Well excuse him for having an obvious idea.

Where is yours?

:rolleyes: indeed. I didn't pull the images (or the ideas) from anywhere else - sources are attached if you're interested enough to peruse. Two were also done in the presence of (and home of) another moderator on the site if you'd like them to vouch for that. Not sure what else you want from people after that.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4jzp2rhmvx923xk/mugabe_photoshops.zip?dl=0
    Mugabe_cyrus.psd
    Mugabe_karate.psd
    Mugabe_matrix.psd
    Mugabe_skateboard.psd

At the end of the day, if you have issue with what I or other people have posted, feel free to contribute with something yourself. Or, ya know, you could just continue with the barstool arguments and accusations as per usual :rolleyes:

edit: A quick google shows that there's another Mugabe on a skateboard out there too. And a bunch of surfing ones. And a matrix mugabe (albeit in a different scene from the movie). Seems that having a source image with someone in this (vvv) very particular pose brings the same ideas to mind for more than one person - who'd have thought?

Mn2InFD.png

• Advertisement

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=94276963&postcount=6096
    Ironic thing is that it was taken in a Muslin country ;) (look at the road sign)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

report em!

True, but Muslims are forbidden from drinking it. :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I thought it was a pretty good week actually. Lots of entries compared to other weeks where the thread has been rather quiet. Leader this week already has 3 x the likes of the winner last week. Can mike get a first, second and third??

I thought it was a pretty good week actually. Lots of entries compared to other weeks where the thread has been rather quiet. Leader this week already has 3 x the likes of the winner last week. Can mike get a first, second and third??

Nope, but he managed an incredibly impressive first, second, fourth, and fifth. Flanree denied Mike the clean sweep. :D:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Seriously?
    That video's over an hour long!
    Give a bit of an explanation as to why you think it's worth investing that much of my time!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Business Cat, keep up the good work sir! Gets me every time :pac:

Well excuse him for having an obvious idea.

Where is yours?

I didn't bother this week. Purely because there's so many of them all over the net and they're all just repeats of each other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Any help with this?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=94310822&postcount=6154

Is it just relating to Friday nights in general, or did he do something even more muppet-like than normal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Allyall wrote: »
    Any help with this?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=94310822&postcount=6154

Is it just relating to Friday nights in general, or did he do something even more muppet-like than normal?

http://www.thejournal.ie/late-late-show-complaints-1942551-Feb2015/

It was an entertaining Late Late show, but if Ronan O'Gara has to apologise for his small unimportant remark than television is really getting ridiculous in its censorship. Katie Hopkins is a messed up woman who is funny to watch, why complain about her? Just turn it off if you dont like her vulgarity!

Poor Ryan looked extremely embarrassed though:P he was like an inexperienced teacher trying to control a class of very unruly children.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,639 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Zombienosh wrote: »
    Knowing+the+artist+i+expected+a+discussion+about+topics+like+_f20469cb71c9bed1dfdff7618dd9c808.jpg

I didn't get this the first time someone posted it! Is it an IT thing?

Carnacalla wrote: »
    It was an entertaining Late Late show, but if Ronan O'Gara has to apologise for his small unimportant remark than television is really getting ridiculous in its censorship.
    What did he say?

What did he say?

Who? Ronan or Ryan?

Ronan made reference to him not being afraid to make children (something along them lines I wasn't paying attention) with Jessica his wife.

Ryan just sat there stumbling like a stupid eejit.

• Advertisement

Ronan made reference to him not being afraid to make children (something along them lines I wasn't paying attention) with Jessica his wife.
    Ronan making kids with Ryan's wife or his own wife? Or Ryan making kids with his wife?
    Ryan just sat there stumbling like a stupid eejit.
    Usual Friday night then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

True, but Muslims are forbidden from drinking it. :pac:

So is drinking on good friday for Catholics. Look how well that goes :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Usually posted by someone who doesnt get the post before this one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

No it's just another version of this:
    Wat8.jpg?1315930535

Presumably he was confused by the above post, though not really sure why

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

What did he say?

Tubs asked Rog, about whether it was easier to score as many points as he done with Munster or to have 5 kids under the age of six. Rob then replied that it was a lot easier to get up on Jessica (his wife) than it was to kick a ball.

Cue much laughter and boiling rage from feminazis.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement