Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cool Vids&Pics&Links Discussion Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

It seems that the sticker/logo is hiding one of the main characters, the greeny roundy one, called Mike Wazowski. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=96644615&postcount=9496

220px-Monsters_Inc.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I thought it was the "Naturally & Artificially Flavored" bit.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Well, that's more scary than funny...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

Its standard on US food.

And that's the scary part...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

Mousewar wrote: »
    There was a joke in the movie where the little green fella's face got covered up by a sticker or a logo on the company merchandise. Same thing seems to have happened on the cereal box.
    New Home wrote: »
    It seems that the sticker/logo is hiding one of the main characters, the greeny roundy one, called Mike Wazowski. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=96644615&postcount=9496

220px-Monsters_Inc.JPG

oh, i thought it was the bit about "natural and artificial flavouring"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Anyways, one of them is clearly a horse! :D

The real ones do ride better over rough terrain! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Putin

Can we please, please, please have a new Photoshop competition?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Putin wrote: »
    Can we please, please, please have a new Photoshop competition?

Ideally, we need more suggestions. Realistically we only have two, one of which has already been done in a recent competition as well.

inforfun wrote: »
    BD_HEUMCAAAsZpF.jpg

I know that book dedication from somewhere, I must have come across it before, but I can't remember if I saw it on the internet or if I actually read the book. Does anyone know the title?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I know that book dedication from somewhere, I must have come across it before, but I can't remember if I saw it on the internet or if I actually read the book. Does anyone know the title?
    An Introduction to Algebraic Topology by Joseph J. Rotman

You can see the dedication in the Front Matter PDF through the link above.

An Introduction to Algebraic Topology by Joseph J. Rotman

You can see the dedication in the Front Matter PDF through the link above.

Thanks for that - I must have seen it on the net, after all... :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭NotYourYear20

Wilberto wrote: »
    Ideally, we need more suggestions. Realistically we only have two, one of which has already been done in a recent competition as well.

We've had more suggestions since you posted that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

We've had more suggestions since you posted that.

So it worked. Good. :):D

• Site Banned Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Second Toughest in_the Freshers

AirBiscuit wrote: »
    i know this from somewhere, but all i can come up with is crazytown?

(I only realised recently he also did the vocals on this)

Thanks for that - I must have seen it on the net, after all... :o

i'm sure i've seen it somewhere aswell, not on-line, before. probably referenced in some 'popular science' book i picked up in Easons or somewhere

i'm sure i've seen it somewhere aswell, not on-line, before. probably referenced in some 'popular science' book i picked up in Easons or somewhere

I'm beginning to think it might have been in Douglas Adams' 'The Salmon of Doubt'... Hmmmm. I'll have to dig it out and check.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭NotYourYear20

Wilberto wrote: »
    So it worked. Good. :):D

And still no new competition....:(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

And still no new competition....:(

We had our wages docked this week because of it. Hope you're happy now:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    We had our wages docked this week because of it. Hope you're happy now:mad:

9738_e8112665-9f67-4e84-8f1d-17c1455d499f_copy.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=96684893&postcount=918

I always regret getting rid of my old consoles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

i know this from somewhere, but all i can come up with is crazytown?

(I only realised recently he also did the vocals on this)

think you mean Lazy town!

Bootup wrote: »
    3aV1mEd.jpg

So, the misconception that Turkey's can drown in the rain isn't true. Isn't that a double negative? That means that the picture is saying that Turkey's can drown by "looking up aimlessly at the sky for 30 seconds", which ironically is what the picture is trying to disprove.

• Advertisement

sammyjo90 wrote: »
    think you mean Lazy town!

Ah, close enough

Bootup wrote: »
    XiikCnG.jpg

"Only God can judge me." Yeah, that's like the most criminal tattoo ever.

((As in, it's probably the most popular tattoo among criminals.))

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Areyouwell

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Kaiser Sosay

^ ^ ^
    I join you in this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Areyouwell wrote: »
    It's referencing the post above it. It's the Dental Plan scene.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

And the biggest case of misusing of a meme goes to.......

bajer101. Come on down!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Teddington Cuddlesworth

What's the story with the picture of the hot girl in the green dress that cap'n midnight put up?

Tinkerbell?

Am I the only one that thinks the abuse and personal jibes that Capt'n Midnight gets is very unfair and uncalled for. I don't understand why he gets abused for making posts. Isn't that the whole point of the thread?

It's been something I've seen before, so I'm assuming it's something the mods allow/agree with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

I think that the thing most people have a problem with is that he/she posts a whole bunch of things at once. You might like four out of five of them, but absolutely hate the other one.

Me, sometimes I love them, sometimes not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Quazzie wrote: »
    Am I the only one that thinks the abuse and personal jibes that Capt'n Midnight gets is very unfair and uncalled for. I don't understand why he gets abused for making posts. Isn't that the whole point of the thread?

It's been something I've seen before, so I'm assuming it's something the mods allow/agree with.

I'm not sure (m)any know enough personal stuff about El Capitán to give (m)any personal jibes.
    As for the abuse.... I think that's not abuse.

But, If an answer must be given, I think they're heckling. Maybe for saving up a load of images and posting them in one go.

Allyall wrote: »
    I'm not sure (m)any know enough personal stuff about El Capitán to give (m)any personal jibes.
    As for the abuse.... I think that's not abuse.

But, If an answer must be given, I think they're heckling. Maybe for saving up a load of images and posting them in one go.

The rule is attack the post, not the poster. That rules is clearly broke in these circumstances.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Not something the mods agree with. Nothing has ever been reported? If there is personal abuse it will be dealt with.

Mod note
    no back seat modding please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Personally, if people want to 'go with the flow' when they're posting, I don't mind. I think Capt'n Midnight was just on a roll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

For some reason I always skip them. I've no idea why. If they were in separate posts I'd look and thank or not. But the posts with 5-6 pictures, I just scroll past these days. Irrational, I know

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Mod note
    no back seat modding please.
    Was this directed at me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Maybe there should be a 1 or 2 pics per post limit?

I would be massively in favour of this.

Was this directed at me?

Directed at everybody.

...and then you might get 60 separate posts in a row

I would be massively in favour of this.

Why though? Is 1 post with 5 pics worse than 5 posts with 1 pic? In defence of the good captain he gets alot more likes than complaints by a large factor so unless there would be a good reason to change things I think they are grand as is. You can use the ignore function if it is really upsetting you*

*the general you rather than specifically you DG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭johnny osbourne

Personally, if people want to 'go with the flow' when they're posting, I don't mind. I think Capt'n Midnight was just on a roll.

i agree

...and then you might get 60 separate posts in a row
    This would be preferable if you have a slow internet connection, takes an age to download 10 posts with half a dozen pictures in each.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

This would be preferable if you have a slow internet connection, takes an age to download 10 posts with half a dozen pictures in each.

I have this problem because of my rubbish broadband.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement