Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cool Vids&Pics&Links Discussion Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Would it take any longer than downloading 60 individual posts with one image each, considering then you'd also have to wait for the 'frames' and their contents to download too? Genuine question, I really have no idea...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭johnny osbourne

This would be preferable if you have a slow internet connection, takes an age to download 10 posts with half a dozen pictures in each.

i know what u mean, when i'm on my i=phone the download is r=ally slow, but weenn i;m on my internet explorerer is no problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Why though? Is 1 post with 5 pics worse than 5 posts with 1 pic? In defence of the good captain he gets alot more likes than complaints by a large factor so unless there would be a good reason to change things I think they are grand as is. You can use the ignore function if it is really upsetting you*

*the general you rather than specifically you DG.

Considerably worse in my opinion, for the reason pointed out by dolanbaker. Slow, gigantic page to scroll through is massive PITA for browsing in my opinion.

And yeah, my ignore function is back in use. Upset is a strong word however.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I like his posts. Especially on a slow day, or when a load of reposts have been added.

Just my 2 cents.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

Quazzie wrote: »
    And the biggest case of misusing of a meme goes to.......

bajer101. Come on down!!!!!!!

q29cb.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

My problem with the mass dumping of pics is that is quantity instead of quality. I would only ever post something that I personally found very humourous. I would have no problem browsing through pages of pics from a single poster if they were quality, but imo most of the pics aren't quality. I doubt that the poster himself could have rated all of the pics as quality. I know that humour is very subjective, but I would just request that people only post something that they themselves found to be humourous, instead of using a scattergun approach on the off chance that someone, somewhere might find something funny.

Directed at everybody.

Yet facekicker said nothing..

How is that fair?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Allyall wrote: »
    Yet facekicker said nothing..

How is that fair?

Mod note
    No idea what this post means but do not respond to mod actions on thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

What's the story with the picture of the hot girl in the green dress that cap'n midnight put up?

No idea. Maybe cause she's grumpy? Perdy though. Why isnt there a hot girls thread? That'd be a lovely way to ease into work of a monday morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

No idea. Maybe cause she's grumpy? Perdy though. Why isnt there a hot girls thread? That'd be a lovely way to ease into work of a monday morning.
    There is! It's in the Gentleman's Club
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055853138

• Advertisement

If only I were a gentleman. Thanks though!

If only I were a gentleman. Thanks though!

TWO HUNDRED AND ONE PAGES!!!

I owe you a pint you glorious bastard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,053 ✭✭✭blackwhite

TWO HUNDRED AND ONE PAGES!!!

I owe you a pint you glorious bastard

Just be careful it doesn't flag any "alerts" on the work IT system! :cool:

I got banned for a week for an animated thing like this in YLYL last year

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=96776046&postcount=217

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,414 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I got banned for a week for an animated thing like this in YLYL last year

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=96776046&postcount=217

Firstly, please report posts which you feel break the charter. Another poster reported that post and the image has now been removed.

Secondly, if you wish to discuss your specific case, feel free to PM me to discuss it directly. Thanks.

Penn wrote: »
    Firstly, please report posts which you feel break the charter. Another poster reported that post and the image has now been removed.

Secondly, if you wish to discuss your specific case, feel free to PM me to discuss it directly. Thanks.

Some craicless busy body no doubt. I wasnt complaining at all. Certainly didnt want it removed. Was just commenting on the similarity. Now i feel like a right tit for higglighting it. Haha, youre alright penn, after a year of therapy ive managed to get over it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

This blatant thanks whoring by Capt'n Midnight...

First posted in the BAAAAWWWW thread cos, y'know, it's cute.

Then, 20 hours later, he posted the same image in YLYL. It's not a funny image but hey, it didn't get enough thanks in the other thread so I better post it in the thread with much higher traffic :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Why is the brazzers tag funny when added to the rat in the office picture?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,359 ✭✭✭naughto

This blatant thanks whoring by Capt'n Midnight...

First posted in the BAAAAWWWW thread cos, y'know, it's cute.

Then, 20 hours later, he posted the same image in YLYL. It's not a funny image but hey, it didn't get enough thanks in the other thread so I better post it in the thread with much higher traffic :rolleyes:
    Stop being a bitch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

naughto wrote: »
    Stop being a bitch

Lol... No, never!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Mod note
    Enough comments about Captain Midnight or any other poster. There is an ignore function where you will not see posts from certain users which I would suggest people use.

Mod note
    No idea what this post means but do not respond to mod actions on thread.

:)
    It was a vague (sh|t) attempt at sarcasm/humour... And judging by the time, I was fairly cut...
    Reading over it again, it was terrible/poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

That Tinkerbell was super hot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

J Mysterio wrote: »
    That Tinkerbell was super hot.

Sharing is caring... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

The alphabet being in order makes it easier to learn doesn't it? It'd hard to sing the alphabet song if it was random. Collections of named things would also be very hard to put into any sort of order if the alphabet had no order. <insert buzzkill image here>

• Site Banned Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Second Toughest in_the Freshers

yeah, but it could be argued that they should be ordered by how frequently they occur,
    ie. E T A O N R I S H D L F C M U G Y P W B V K J X Q Z,

or start with the vowels EAOIU,TNRSHDLFCMGYPWBVKJXQZ

EDIT, now I'm singing E T A O, N R I; S H D L, FCMUG, Y P W, B V K, J X Q and Z...

yeah, but it could be argued that they should be ordered by how frequently they occur,
    ie. E T A O N R I S H D L F C M U G Y P W B V K J X Q Z,

or start with the vowels EAOIU,TNRSHDLFCMGYPWBVKJXQZ

EDIT, now I'm singing E T A O, N R I; S H D L, FCMUG, Y P W, B V K, J X Q and Z...
    Then each language would have it in a different order. :confused: and so you would be as well if you went abroad and tried to recite it to your foreign language speaking friends. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Mod note
    Enough comments about Captain Midnight or any other poster. There is an ignore function where you will not see posts from certain users which I would suggest people use.

Mod snip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

The alphabet being in order makes it easier to learn doesn't it? It'd hard to sing the alphabet song if it was random. Collections of named things would also be very hard to put into any sort of order if the alphabet had no order. <insert buzzkill image here>

If, as a child the alphabet was taught to you backwards and reinforced through song etc you'd find the alphabet done the 'normal' way equally weird. It's just the way we're taught at the end of the day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

If, as a child the alphabet was taught to you backwards and reinforced through song etc you'd find the alphabet done the 'normal' way equally weird. It's just the way we're taught at the end of the day.
    There probably was very good reason why they put it in the order they did. Look at the name even - alphabet. Seems to me like that's from the Greek for alpha and beta, a b, so there is some order to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    There probably was very good reason why they put it in the order they did. Look at the name even - alphabet. Seems to me like that's from the Greek for alpha and beta, a b, so there is some order to it.

And the rhyme in the song. It can't be coincidence that the alphabet fits the rhyme of the ABC song so well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Orim wrote: »
    And the rhyme in the song. It can't be coincidence that the alphabet fits the rhyme of the ABC song so well.

That song is just Baa Baa Black Sheep, which in itself is just Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. Go ahead, hum them....

Reminds me when I said that in AH and was jumped on by a guy who insists that Baa Baa Black sheep and Twinkle Twinkle are not the same tune :pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Omackeral wrote: »
    That song is just Baa Baa Black Sheep, which in itself is just Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. Go ahead, hum them....

I need a sarcasm font.

• Advertisement

Orim wrote: »
    I need a sarcasm font.
    http://glennmcanally.com/sarcastic/ ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Any context to below?
    6861_eef7_500.gif

LEIN wrote: »
    Any context to below?
    Massive landslide was captured on Japan National Route 168 in Nara, Japan by Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transportation and Tourism on August 10th, 2004.
    Landslide was predicted by the ministry and road was being blocked off and monitored as a precautionary measure when the landslide occured.

Coordinate: 34.157255,135.750154

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

11988229_1180369028646358_5837172549792607769_n.jpg?oh=8ec8bad2d0e5e93c6cf7cf50a123d94b&oe=565E427C
    7f9868656b2b7d0c046b5a73bb8bfaa83e8198ea30e28a4c96a176c0199f5568.jpg
    Don't get these.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

You could apply the penis rule to the first one. Not sure about the second one, just seems to be silly.

• Advertisement

just read the names on the athletes quickly. ;)
    second one ????

Probably nothing in the second one. The poster has a history of posting random images to get attention here.

The runners one is Gay Gaitlin Rodgers Brombell.

just read the names on the athletes quickly. ;)
    second one ????

wrapping hotdogs in kitchen paper is a trick for microwaving them. you arent supposed to microwave the bun as well. isnt that the stupid duck meme? That's what i took from it anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

wrapping hotdogs in kitchen paper is a trick for microwaving them. you arent supposed to microwave the bun as well. isnt that the stupid duck meme? That's what i took from it anyway
    That's good advice mallard, the red once is the bad advice one. There's no funny in that picture. The funny the op gets is from everyone trying to figure out the funny ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    That's good advice mallard, the red once is the bad advice one. There's no funny in that picture. The funny the op gets is from everyone trying to figure out the funny ;)
    Ah, the aul Mona Lisagate..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Don't get these.......

I thought the funny thing in the athlete picture is that the guy is wearing an arm sleeve for sprinting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=96853464&postcount=373

Pardon me while I go Google C-string underwear. BRB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I thought the funny thing in the athlete picture is that the guy is wearing an arm sleeve for sprinting.

Nah the 'funny' is just the names vaguely make a sentence.

milltown wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=96853464&postcount=373

Pardon me while I go Google C-string underwear. BRB
    The ads are nearly as funny as the image, what was the OP looking at before he posted that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Nah the 'funny' is just the names vaguely make a sentence.

Oh yeah I see it now. I forgot 'Rodgers' has another meaning

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement