Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cool Vids&Pics&Links Discussion Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Well, you must admit it's quite an original way to bury someone...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Dont get this..

qmV8AMd.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Just when i was starting to put that behind me..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Lucena wrote: »
    That's it? His feet are sticking out of the box? :confused:
    Full story here

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

New Home wrote: »
    282806.jpg

Actually, the one that says 'If you hit this sign you will hit that bridge' seems like a very smart idea to me, especially considering the number of lorries that miscalculate their height and get stuck under bridges.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Was just about to post the same , and it is not obvious that the sign is the same height as the bridge , hence the annotation

Actually, the one that says 'If you hit this sign you will hit that bridge' seems like a very smart idea to me, especially considering the number of lorries that miscalculate their height and get stuck under bridges.
    Some drivers wouldn't hear the thud, they're better offf having a sensor and a HUGE vms attached to the bridge that flashes;
    "STOP, SHE CANNAE MAKE IT!, YOU'RE GONNA CRASH!!!"

Think Scottie out of Star Trek! ;)

If the sign were made of metal, I'd say they'd hear it pretty well, unless they were going at a veeeeeery low speed. I'm thinking 'tree branches on double-deckers'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

cdeb wrote: »
    Full story here

Not sticking out. Looks like they are nailed to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Teddington Cuddlesworth

I'm not getting the 12 cheap bottles of Spanish red wine in YLYL. Can anyone help me out.

• Advertisement

It's not the 12 bottles on their own, it's the ad for the twelve bottles and the ad for the body stockings on the same page, as if one was relevant to the other - buy both, and you'll be sorted for a fun night in.

What I really find hilarious is that further below there's an ad for an iron, which has reeeeaaaallly nothing to do with the first two things. Unless that's the kind of thing that what rocks your boat, but that would be TMI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

cdeb wrote: »
    Full story here

"Avid Stockport County supporter", so obviously someone with a great sense of humour!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,160 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

What's the story with the Dave's Bar picture in YLYL?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Quazzie wrote: »
    What's the story with the Dave's Bar picture in YLYL?

Never asking a woman her age =Underage drinking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Backseat modding????
    Yes. And no chat allowed.

CRTL and +

Try it, it works!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭Kat1170

At last, something about 1916 I can really get my teeth into :D
    buster180 wrote: »
    1916chocolate.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

^^^
    Is it funny though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Shannon757 wrote: »
    ^^^
    Is it funny though?

Personally, I find myself asking that of about 75% of the posts in YLYL lately

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Shannon757 wrote: »
    ^^^
    Is it funny though?

No, I'd imagine its sour with a bitter after taste.

At least I hope it's been made by an independent chocolate company.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

tumblr_mvt33ni2VI1qbldjdo1_500.gif

Uncanny.

http://lefunny.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Coincidence-But-its-funny-anyways.jpg

Last edited by Pawwed Rig; Today at 22:15. Reason: repost (and not real)

Repost, fair enough. Not real, I'm not sure, except for the cartoon parts. And besides, I thought that was 'YLYL', not 'YLYL - Real things only'. :confused:

Anyway, it might not be real, but it's certainly royal. :D

Repost, fair enough.
    With regards to reposts, just how recent does a post have to be to be regarded as a repost?

For example something posted a page or two back can reasonably be called a repost, but what about 20 pages or so??

Actually, I've been wondering about that too... (BTW, I don't remember seeing that one before, but that doesn't mean it was never there). Is it a repost even of it was on a different thread/ forum long long ago?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

No hard and fast rules really. We often rely on reported posts or in the case of the one above (which has been posted and debunked at least 3 times before) just memory. Often even if we know it is a repost but is getting likes we will leave it up.

Looks like I need to start on my tablets for my memory again, so...

Thanks for clarifying that, PR, I've often wondered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,160 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I once had a mod* go back 117 pages** to point out a repost to me when I questioned when it was first posted. I often wonder did he go back through the thread just to find it. Pretty sad if he did, although I wouldn't put it past him.

*no longer a mod of the forum
    **40 posts per page aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭johnny osbourne

I once had a mod* go back 117 pages** to point out a repost to me when I questioned when it was first posted. I often wonder did he go back through the thread just to find it. Pretty sad if he did, although I wouldn't put it past him.

repost

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Entirely possible that it was the reporter who did that, rather than the mod.

• Advertisement

^^ It was probably reported by the original person who posted it on the thread.

i reported it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=97513478&postcount=8613

from the gifs thread, not particularly funny, but jaysis that was close :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Looks like the front of the car got torn off judging by the debris thrown in the air. Lucky! Wonder how the fook it malfunctioned and allowed traffic to cross :eek:

from the gifs thread, not particularly funny, but jaysis that was close

Exactly! That must've been terrifying... Imagine if those people on the moped had delayed for just a second longer... Doesn't bear thinking!

I'd say it'd be more suited to the WTF thread rather than to the YLYL.

Seen one on Imgur last week where the train actually hit the car, three people died. Why put videos up like that online ffs, it's distressing to pretty much everyone.

Kovu wrote: »
    Seen one on Imgur last week where the train actually hit the car, three people died. Why put videos up like that online ffs, it's distressing to pretty much everyone.

There are lots of sick puppies out there... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

I'd say someone lost their job after that though, bloody hell, could easily have been a lot worse than losing a bumper

^^ It was probably reported by the original person who posted it on the thread.
    That might have happened to me recently, I had something snipped as a repost, but I hadn't seen it. It could have peen posted weeks or even months earlier.

GBX wrote: »
    Looks like the front of the car got torn off judging by the debris thrown in the air. Lucky! Wonder how the fook it malfunctioned and allowed traffic to cross :eek:

I know of some places -not in Ireland, I'd like to add- where the barriers had to be raised and lowered by pressing some button or other inside the station... it's a shame, 'cause the chap in charge of that was too busy drinking his coffee in the coffee shop to notice something minor like a few trains going by... That's why you must always look both ways before you cross... :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

There used to be a thread on here where a guy got hit by a train. Luckily it seems to have faded into the ether now but it was pretty graphic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    There used to be a thread on here where a guy got hit by a train. Luckily it seems to have faded into the ether now but it was pretty graphic.

How the hell did you allow that. Different times.

Yea I seen that, horrible. I can't believe the amount of thanks it received as well!
    It just came out of nowhere and the poor bugger just walking on the tracks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Yea I seen that, horrible. I can't believe the amount of thanks it received as well!

I remember that thread. Awful video.

hey that was a really good show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

I knew as soon as it got mentioned it would show back up.
    I've never watched it and dont intend to anytime soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

game4it70 wrote: »
    I knew as soon as it got mentioned it would show back up.
    I've never watched it and dont intend to anytime soon.

Watch it, I dare ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

aaakev wrote: »
    Watch it, I dare ya

Save it for Halloween

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

A cool picture?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=97521185&postcount=1049

Seriously snow scorpion?

It doesn't even look real. An MS Paint job

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

No hard and fast rules really. We often rely on reported posts or in the case of the one above (which has been posted and debunked at least 3 times before) just memory. Often even if we know it is a repost but is getting likes we will leave it up.

Are we on Facebook now?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement