Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cool Vids&Pics&Links Discussion Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Are we on Facebook now?

No. This is boards.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

New Home wrote: »

My favourite is the tap over the electric sockets... that takes a special kind of smarts.

can them country pokeball yokes get their own thread too

they're so long

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

bluewolf wrote: »
    can them country pokeball yokes get their own thread too

they're so long

And almost impossible to read. Why the purposely bad grammar?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

dan1895 wrote: »
    And almost impossible to read. Why the purposely bad grammar?

It's just part of the humour. There's a whole tonne of in-jokes with countryballs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

It's just part of the humour. There's a whole tonne of in-jokes with countryballs.

I love them. And the grammar actually helps. it's like an Irvine Welsh novel, it helps if you read it in a region's accent in your head

I love them. And the grammar actually helps. it's like an Irvine Welsh novel, it helps if you read it in a region's accent in your head

I'm a big fan too, although I can see why they're not for everyone. The fact that there are multiple tutorials (http://i.imgur.com/LEXKLjf.png#shelf-tutorial) is probably a bad sign for most :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭Kat1170

My favourite is the tap over the electric sockets... that takes a special kind of sparks.

FYP :D:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Country balls rule!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

Aenaes wrote: »
    Country balls rule!

I hate them. Not even a tiny bit funny.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

This post has been deleted.
    I don't know if there's something more recent, but Greece spent €1bn buying two submarines from Germany in 2010.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

osarusan wrote: »
    16th century church in Mexico which has appeared as drought lowered the water level of reservoir which submerged it.

Mexican-church-AP-%282500%29.gif?itok=g9pbRU5q

why is it not covered in algae and water growing plants and silt?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭NBTD

thn5EJx.png
    Anyone help me with this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

NBTD wrote: »

It's implying she is a member of the travelling community

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭Kat1170

It's implying she is a member of the travelling community

She ???

I thought that was a young David Bowie........

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

bnt wrote: »

The only thing that scares me a bit about it is that it looks too much like a dentist's chair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭johnny osbourne

^^

hi, say , ahhhhhh

dental-drill.jpg?w=620

I think I'll say AAAAAAARRRGGHHHH instead...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

I wouldn't say it's funny - as a social commentary it's OK and I agree with the sentiment but I personally don't see why it's funny...

Don't see the funny, and think people should be allowed wear what they want. Even if it's retaliation or whatever the idea is.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭jeremymurphy

I wouldn't say it's funny - as a social commentary it's OK and I agree with the sentiment but I personally don't see why it's funny...

It's not funny but scantily clad women will get a thanks from me any time ;)

It wasn't funny in the slightest folks. I thought that was clear :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

It wasn't funny in the slightest folks. I thought that was clear :pac:

That what smilies are for. Otherwise it can be hard to portray your sarcasm with just words on a screen. :)

Where's the funny here? I can't see any hidden penis

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=97555831

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

Grid. wrote: »
    Frog and fairy lights

:( Poor little froggy...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

:( Poor little froggy...

Don't worry, he only thought it was a bug and he lived after it was taken from his gob- http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1216637/Pictured-The-glowing-frog-wanted-light-snack-swallowed-Christmas-bulb.html

Phew! :o That must've been some indigestion...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭NotASheeple

Looking through YLYL and 21 out of 22 consecutive posts were from the same poster. I mean ffs get your own thread. It's ruining the thread and it shouldn't be allowed imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭/V\etalfish

Looking through YLYL and 21 out of 22 consecutive posts were from the same poster. I mean ffs get your own thread. It's ruining the thread and it shouldn't be allowed imo.

Why does that matter?
    I don't even look who is posting them in fairness. If the pic is funny, it really doesn't matter who's posting it.
    If it's not funny then move on, like you would with any other pic.

If it gets to you that much, put them on ignore?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Why does that matter?
    I don't even look who is posting them in fairness. If the pic is funny, it really doesn't matter who's posting it.
    If it's not funny then move on, like you would with any other pic.

If it gets to you that much, put them on ignore?

My issue (1st world problem) is that I find it annoying to see 20 pictures from one person in individual posts. I assume this is for post count/thanks wh*ring but that gets on my nerves. I wish they'd just lump it all into one post if possible. Hardly the end of the world though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

My issue (1st world problem) is that I find it annoying to see 20 pictures from one person in individual posts. I assume this is for post count/thanks wh*ring but that gets on my nerves. I wish they'd just lump it all into one post if possible. Hardly the end of the world though.

But people gave out about the bulk posts so you can't win.

• Advertisement

The problem with bulk posts is that it kills to connection for people with slow internet, it can take minutes to download.

Some people were 'reprimanded' for posting more than one picture per post, apparently it takes too long to load on mobiles.

As for the quality of the pictures, some might be funnier than others but personally I like most of them - different strokes for different folks, I suppose, but I'd be fairly sure that whoever decides to post does so because they find the pictures funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Why do people care so much about who makes the posts? I look at posts, not the poster. The tread would be a lot slower if certain people didn't contribute as much as they do and I hope they are not put off by the whingers.

What do the whingers contribute apart from complaining? Funnily enough, it's not funny pictures :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

If you don't like a poster put them on ignore - simples. The good captain contributes alot to this forum in a positive way and we will not be putting any restrictions on him (or her)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Re sprout sweets dude

I see googling how to clean dried egg from your car and windows in your near future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

NBTD wrote: »

Yeah, they can't spell traveller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

eternal wrote: »
    33f6d7l.png

Don't get this

Rather than giving the pigeons bread he is giving them guns to steal the bread from the other pigeons.

Look at the two pigeons in the middle near the bottom of the picture.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

He's creating crime in the bird world. It's kind of cynical I think that instead of the simplicity of giving them bread crumbs, he elevates the status of the pigeon to that of an almost human one. It's satire really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Oh dear... ill-thought SHAG week poster design! pacman.gif

lGQij5w.jpg

I always wonder about these types, the "ill-designed ad that has an innuendo". Do people think it's funny because they believe that the innuendo was missed. Or are they just going along with the ad and think that they're funny?

... And nobody is to go near my endo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

Orim wrote: »
    I always wonder about these types, the "ill-designed ad that has an innuendo". Do people think it's funny because they believe that the innuendo was missed. Or are they just going along with the ad and think that they're funny?

... And nobody is to go near my endo.

i think it's more so that it seems to be promoting a rather niche move known as The Shocker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nECac7O4hg8

• Registered Users Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭blue note

Anyone get the joke with the pizza picture?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

There's no cheese or sauce to hold the beef so it just fell all over the place I guess?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Yeah, because of the options he chose, he essentially just ended up with the baked base, and chunks of beef on top.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement