Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Two Twats on a Tightrope. Arts Funding Irish style

• 23-09-2012 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭

Anyone see that travesty of a clip on Winning Streak, two twats prancing around without grace, skill or imagination, and the all serious faced director of the Arts Council of Ireland, proudly stating that the two utter twats ('street artists') receive arts funding???

WTF???

Is it a piss take or something?

(i never watch WS, but happened across this clip, just now. Christ I'm still in shock)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Winning Streak eh?

The answer is no, nobody saw it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Winning Streak eh?

The answer is no, nobody saw it!
    I know, lol.

Christ what a shocker, and the art director dope saying our arts reveal 'who we are to the world', while these two fools prance around - I mean two below average street performers, yes they were trying to be funny, but it was just pathetic - and THEY'RE GETTING PUBLIC MONIES!!!
    IF THIS IS 'WHO WE ARE' ,WE'RE ****ED!'

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

ArtSmart wrote: »
    Anyone see that travesty of a clip on Winning Streak, two twats prancing around without grace, skill or imagination, and the all serious face arts director of Ireland/ Lottery or something, proudly stating that the two utter twats ('street artists') receive arts funding???

WTF???

Is it a piss take or something?

(i never watch WS, but happened across this clip, just now. Christ I'm still in shock)

Would you say it was ArtStupid?

Would you say it was ArtStupid?
    LOL.

ArtSad more like.

Can you imagine it though? Pat and Mary Pratt from the badlands, watching their lotto dreams, (only the dead or insane could watch that program) and they're told that this is what the money is going towards, two fooking fools leapin around for a laugh.

Although, in fairness, that does probably qualify as art in the badlands, so...

• Advertisement

If you want to discuss the actual clip, take it to the dedicated forum (with the clip) http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=838

If you want to discuss why you think this particular art form is not worthy of funding, pm me a link to the clip and I'll reopen the thread.

So yeh, you'll be needing that clip.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement