Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Place to Buy Puppy

• 23-09-2012 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Would like to get a puppy! I had a dog for 17 years and would now like to get puppy again preferably a 2/3 month old.

I am wondering what is the best way to go about this - I've tried using GSPCA&Madra but they didn't have any pups available at the time.

What are my options here?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Chibodee wrote: »
    Would like to get a puppy! I had a dog for 17 years and would now like to get puppy again preferably a 2/3 month old.

I am wondering what is the best way to go about this - I've tried using GSPCA&Madra but they didn't have any pups available at the time.

What are my options here?
    Do some more research the animal rescues are overrun with pups and young dogs, where are you located people may know the nearest shelters etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

If you check out irishanimals.ie they have a list of all the shelters in the country. They also have a huge rehoming section with details of dogs needing homes.

Are you looking to buy a pup or to adopt one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

To buy reasearch the breed or breeds you are considering so you know what to look for in a healthy well rounded pup, then look to the IKC and other people with the same dog to get a full idea and have the paper work e.g. vet checks, vaccinations, breed line etc. in order before you part with any money. Ask loads of questions, and a good breeder will ask you loads too.

If looking to adopt as already said there's a ton of rescues and many rescues will adopt out dogs and puppies outside of their county subject to home check. Take your time with it, it'll give you a chance to get everything in order, puppy proof the house, get a few toys, blankets, crate etc.

Advertisement