Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ferret Found

Options
  • 23-09-2012 2:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

A very tame, docile ferret was found in Cork city today. Please pm me if you know anyone who might have lost him/her.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Hi - about a year ago I found a tame ferret in city centre, had escaped from apartments down lane way, side of Morrisons Island, off Father Mathew Quay, he was a present/pet to one of the tenants there and had escaped through apartment door or balcony, I think, poor little thing was terrified. Anyway, a few of us gathered around to protect it and were about to put him in a box when we found the panicking owner and they were reunited - so happy ending. So not sure which part of city you found ferret but if anywhere near the location I've just mentioned - then we may have your answer. But call the Animal Shelter also, as somebody might get on to them if theyhave lost their pet. Hope this tale has a happy ending too. J

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Ger89

The ferret is now in the Cork Animals' Home, Mahon, tel. 021 4515535.
    Thanks, Judes, good to hear your story.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

oh no not the mahon one...really wish they would take it away...
    hope his owner is found

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Cartuja

Ger89 wrote: »
    The ferret is now in the Cork Animals' Home, Mahon, tel. 021 4515535.
    Thanks, Judes, good to hear your story.

Any idea what will happen to the ferret if no one claims him?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

He will be put down. Sad but if no-one claims then I am not sure but tis a few weeks only if any they keep them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Ger89

Thanks for your concern, everyone, but person who handed in the ferret to Mahon got impression that, in this case, a home might be found for this ferret if the original owner does not show up.

Advertisement