Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Funny conversations you've eavesdropped on?

• 23-09-2012 2:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭

Have you ever overheard a really stupid conversation?

I was out the other night and a couple of lads at the table next to me where discussing aliens etc. One lad made the observation that he thought Asian people looked like aliens!!! He was deadly serious too! No doubt we were
    In stitches!

Another conversation I overheard was this guy trying to convince his friends that it was the Liver Riffey that separated north and south Dublin! Lol

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭Maggie 2

Many years ago, after a dance in a local Hall, I was leaving behind a young couple. He turned to her took a deep breath and said "Tis a grand night for growing grass, so tis" She replied "Tis begor" I thought they were taking the pee, but they were dead serious!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

not really a conversation, but in the canteen at college, some fella in the queue ahead of me...

what's for dinner?

chicken.

oh i won't have that.

but it's chicken supreme

oh i'll have that then so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

"Look at that nosey bollox over there trying to listen in to our conversation." I didn't hear the rest as I was being punched and kicked too hard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭FairytaleGirl

In a Clare's Acessories once I heard a fella say to his girlfriend 'So is the woman who owns alllllll these shops called clare?'

He was dead serious too!!

Then the other day a woman was walking past me with her mum and I caught 'Sure Jesus ma I couldnt do that, What would the neighbours think seeing one of those on the line?!'

I can only wonder...

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭spankysue

I was messing around with a scanner one day and heard two dudes having phone sex, it was hot, socks over c0cks and everything :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Waiting for an ATM in a shopping centre here in Edinburgh one Saturday morning, queue was quite long these 2 Neds were standing parallel to the queue when I heard this:

- "I'm absolutely wrecked pal"
    "oh aye, whys that then?"
    -"I was shagging this bird all night, 3 or 4 times pal"
    "oh aye she must be wrecked then"
    - "nah pal she was asleep for most of it"

The guy in front of me in the queue turned around with raised eyebrows and I completely lost it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

py2006 wrote: »
    Another conversation I overheard was this guy trying to convince his friends that it was the Liver Riffey that separated north and south Dublin! Lol

It kinda does....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    It kinda does....

The "LIVER RIFFEY"???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Funkfield wrote: »
    The "LIVER RIFFEY"???

Maybe you don't realise you are dyslexic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Funkfield wrote: »
    The "LIVER RIFFEY"???

Yup. I'm from stereotype China.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭kodoherty93

I was in tesco finglas last year in the alcohol section and I was looking at the various wines and I heard these two girls saying "who the fook likes wine" "noone fooking does but it goes down easy"

Also last week I heard a woman tell another woman to get the pre mixed cans which have vodka or rum mixed with coke. Cause when you go to the club you put it in your handbag and ask for a glass for water and pour the can into it and save on drink

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Every.single.day.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

I'm often accused of eavesdropping by people. I just wish they had the guts to say it to my face.

Advertisement