Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City v Arsenal

124»

Comments

If Giroud could get the winner here, coyg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Kos almost going from hero to villain there,awful attempted clearance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Fantastic technique on the overhead it has to be said

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Mert's been great at breaking up play today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Really like what Arsenal are all about this season. Wenger is a genius to have them playing like this after everything that happened during the summer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Walcott breaking my balls

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

HazDanz wrote: »
    Walcott breaking my balls

Yeah he did so well then fluffed the easy bit.

Kos take a bow. That was class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Kos bringing the sexC

That was the winner there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Should have scored ......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Fcuking Gervinho keep it down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

What poor technique.

Jesus that's some jacket Wenger has on :D

Gervinho is quite awful

Happy with the draw Wenger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Ah Gervais, so inconsistent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Gervinho. *sigh*

Very very cynical there.

Jenkinson has been very impressive today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Mike Dean has been very good today IMO. Has really let the game flow. Complete opposite of Halsey's performance in the earlier game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Gervinho very poor today but you can't fault his commitment.

That's unforgivable from Toure,disgraceful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Well done Arsenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

How do professional players not know the difference between a legit throw and a foul throw?!

1-1 good result.
    We played very well at times, Gervinho needs to work on his first touch if he wants to stay a forward.
    Still unbeaten.
    Excellent.

Feels like two points dropped but no shame in drawing with Arsenal, great side.

I'll take that, slightly dissappointed as City were there for the taking though imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

That'll do. Fair enough but we had chances to win it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

thought we were the better team over the 90

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Great result, took a lot of character to come back from behind.

Gervinho has absolutely no composure. So frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Omeceron

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Feels like two points dropped but no shame in drawing with City, great side.

FYP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Argghhh - gervinho is a donkey

happy with a draw though city were there for the taking. We really need better players than 5 head if we want a real title shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Score draw. Happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Argghhh - gervinho is a donkey

happy with a draw though city were there for the taking. We really need better players than 5 head if we want a real title shot.

He had a poor game and had absolutely no composure today. He's done well this season though and he's going to be an important player for us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

greendom wrote: »
    He had a poor game and had absolutely no composure today. He's done well this season though and he's going to be an important player for us.

That's what im afraid of, i wasn't convinced with the finishing for the 2 goals I've seen him score.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

That'll do. Fair enough but we had chances to win it.

Yeah but a sharper Agureo and we would have lost it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Jenkinson is going to give Wenger a decision to make about whether Sagna comes straight back into that side tbh, he's been fantastic so far this season - this game especially. The lad has no end of pace and attacking ability up the wing. If he improves positionally and in awareness he'll be a cracking player.

Good to see Rambo having a good game too, I think he'll have a big season if he gets a run in the team. Cracking ball to put Gervinho in for that chance in the first half.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

cson wrote: »
    Jenkinson is going to give Wenger a decision to make about whether Sagna comes straight back into that side tbh, he's been fantastic so far this season - this game especially. The lad has no end of pace and attacking ability up the wing. If he improves positionally and in awareness he'll be a cracking player.

Good to see Rambo having a good game too, I think he'll have a big season if he gets a run in the team. Cracking ball to put Gervinho in for that chance in the first half.

Only the second time I saw him play, and the first time I was concentrating more on Liverpool's performance, but I was very impressed with him.

Looks a quality young fullback.

I was very impressed with Arsenal in general today, and if I had any doubts that the top 4 is sown up, I don't anymore.

It may sound crazy, but I think arsenal could actually challenge for the League.

United have been awful so far this season. They obviously have the quality in attack to take a lot of points, but I have doubts over them winning it this year the way they're playing at the moment.

City have quality and depth, which makes them rightly favourites, but I haven't been overly impressed with them from what I've seen so far.

Chelsea look solid at the back which will count for a lot, but they are weak in attack imo, with Torres as their only out-and-out striker.

Arsenal's midfield is quality and has been the most impressive this season imo. With Wilshere to come back and good depth in general they should dominate a lot of games. The defence looks more solid, finally a bit of competition for places (except for maybe at Left-Back?).

What may let them down is the attack. Too early to judge Giroud but he has all the signs of a flop. It's so so important for Arsenal that he lives up to his transfer fee imo. Gervinho has some qualities, but is such a clumsy, inconsistent player. There are times when he barely looks like he can play football.

If RVP (and to a lesser extent Song) had stayed, I really think they would have a good chance at the title.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

cson wrote: »

Very true, he just needed a bit less responsibility.

• Advertisement
Advertisement