Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guidance Counselling needed

Options
  • 23-09-2012 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hey everyone,
    I'm a 2nd year student in Mary Immaculate College studying to be a Primary School Teacher. I've always liked the thought of becoming a teacher so that my CAO choices fairly easy until I came out of my LC with an unexpected 580 points. I began to wonder whether I would be wasting a load of unbelievable opportunities by becoming a Primary Teacher with such high points. However I just went with my gut feeling and haven't looked back until now. Just 2 weeks into my 2nd year and I'm already feeling the stress. I'm uninterested in the course material, going to lectures is a massive struggle, and I'm beginning to doubt how rewarding this job will actually be. Every week I'm seeing paycuts and job losses in the news and I'm starting to wonder whether I'll even get a job when I qualify. I'm a male and everything, but its very unlikely that I'll get a First class honours degree. So I just want to know if when I do qualify there could be an easy pathway into doing Speech and Language Therapy in the future as a postgrad or something. I'm interested in the English Literacy side of my course and I think I would be very suited to becoming a Speech therapist. Any ideas would be very much appreciated.

Comments

Advertisement