Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

petition for range in south east

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭.243

Ezridax wrote: »
    If that was all it was i would share in that frustration. However the remarks directed towards the midlands are unfounded, unnecessary, and counter productive.
    it really looks no more different than someone saying "hey we only have one shop in the village and it has feck all in it,the village is growing,i know ill open one myself"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

.243 wrote: »
    clive rome wasnt built in a day and neither was midlands :rolleyes:

So what I'm saying is stop pissing about and make a start at a new range in the south/south east. Like many other ranges start small and work up to a premier range and the shooter will come.

How can people slag off the Midlands that have build up to what they now have over many years of hard work and membership funds.

I am a member of the best range in the country, for what they do, that is NOT long range shooting. It was not completed overnight but from small beginnings the range developed over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

The often lorded FCP........................it was a PR exercise by the DOJ and when some of the "shooters" refused to cow down DOJ pulled the plug
    What a load of bollocks.
    Refused to cow down? You mean took hugely expensive court cases that never could have achieved anything and whose sole gains were signed away in back rooms. And those same people are now calling for an FCP 2.0.
    Not to mention that the NARGC and CAI are now off trying to set up a mini-FCP. And that'll just open the floodgates and we'll be right back to where we were, circa 2003. The most important part of which is what happened in 2004...
    And set a precedent that'll probably mean that relaoding at home will never materialise
    Again, bollocks. The midlands effort means that reloading has been done, publicly, safely, visibly, by shooters. That's a positive step that would never had happened under the aegis of groups like the NARGC who told the DoJ that no hunters wanted to reload; nor under any other group who just never fought for it as hard as the midlands lot did.
    Begrudgery of the worst type, this.
    So there was no FCP input?
    Would have been hard, since the FCP wasn't founded until a few years afterwards.
    So why didn't your FCP sort it so?
    Again, it wasn't founded until years later. And it probably could have fixed it; it was far more effective than certain folks with their own agendas have said it was; but it never had the time to do so because shooters smothered it in the crib.
    Not if the range has it in it's authorisation that onlt licence holders can shoot there
    Yup. But that's not a mandatory part of the authorisation, it's the whim of the Super.
    Once again I have to wonder wht the FCP didn't sort it so :confused:
    Again, FCP wasn't founded yet - for decades in this case - and it never got the chance to get to it because shooters sabotaged it for no clear gains.
    So the NTSA never made submissions to DOJ?
    Not after the founding of the FCP, no.
    Before then, yes; there was no other choice. The level of effort involved though, meant that that was not welcome and did not benefit the sport.
    There is a lot of ****e on Utube & here that makes shooters look bad. Maybe shutting this forum down would be a good start so ?
    There's no illegal stuff on here; read the forum charter.
    So selfless these "people" trying to help the rest of us out :cool:
    And there you go with the subtle digs and insinuations again. Why can't Irish shooters try to organise even things that everyone agrees are good without that sort of ****e?
    "Nice things" :confused: I have nice things :cool:
    Got one licence for all your firearms, do you? Unregulated low-power airguns? Can zero your rifle before hunting without breaking the law?
    :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭EireIceMan

If that was all it was i would share in that frustration. However the remarks directed towards the midlands are unfounded, unnecessary, and counter productive.

Ez, no one is giving out about midlands???
    My question is still there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9 Range Shooter

Why focus on the monopoly part and ignore this simply because you cannot explain it away or rationalise it.

:confused:

Why would I comment on that?

Are people being exploited there or something?

Surely if someone pays their membership and uses the facilities they aren't being exploited:confused:
    The person that wrote that petition introduction obviously chose their words carefully, and have said that the MNSCI are exploiting Irish shooters. A fairly serious accusation.

So maybe you should ask them what they mean so :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭.243

clivej wrote: »
    So what I'm saying is stop pissing about and make a start at a new range in the south/south east. Like many other ranges start small and work up to a premier range and the shooter will come.
    it looks to me like whoever it is is "putting up" rather than shutting up by doing some research into seeing is it viable venture for the south east

it looks to me like whoever it is is "putting up" rather than shutting up by doing some research into seeing is it viable venture for the south east
    If someone has a million euro to invest in a range that never will make much of a profit, then good luck to them; but I think we both know that that's not the case here and that that petition is just someone asking idly. Nothing wrong with that either; except that they couldn't ask idly without getting in a dig at people.

I mean FFS lads, you're supposed to wait until you've founded the range before you start telling porkies about the "competition" :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9 Range Shooter

Sparks,

I though bad language wasn't allowed on the forum? Oh ya. you're a Mod so you can do & post what you like ;)

My point, which you so eloquently ignore, is that all the problems that did & still do exist were NOT sorted by your beloved FCP when it did exist.

So the court cases didn't work BUT neither did the FCP ;)

Until shooters convince the serving or any potential Government that we are a big enough voting group to make a difference in a election all the court cases & FCP's are a complete waste of time ;)

On that note I'll retire from this discussion :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

it really looks no more different than someone saying "hey we only have one shop in the village and it has feck all in it,the village is growing,i know ill open one myself"
    No. It looks like "them feckers have all the shooters, money, etc, etc so after i slate them i'll see if people agree by having them sign my petition".
    EireIceMan wrote: »
    Ez, no one is giving out about midlands???
    The person that wrote the petition introduction is.
    My question is still there.
    This one;
    EireIceMan wrote: »
    Ez, Can you show me the 'dig, insult and jibes' at the other range???
    I answered that already;
    As usual this is the Irish way of monopolising and exploiting registered firearms owners.
    How would you take it?
    Why would I comment on that?
    Because you have commented on everything else bar that. IOW selective quoting.
    Are people being exploited there or something?
    Please don't start that "is it happening" crap. It is a poor deflection, and does not hide the fact that you have an opinion on every other aspect, but will not answer this one directly.
    Surely if someone pays their membership and uses the facilities they aren't being exploited:confused

So maybe you should ask them what they mean so :confused:
    I'm asking you your opinion. The person signed of with a pseudonym so i don't know who they are.

So you agree then that the comment of exploiting members is crap. I would like to ask the OP, but who is it? How would i make contact with them.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Sparks,
    I though bad language wasn't allowed on the forum? Oh ya. you're a Mod so you can do & post what you like ;)
    If bad language was against the charter, half the posters here (if not three quarters of them) would be banned. The worse exccesses get toned down every so often when the forum as a whole is taking a wobbler, but nobody's ever been banned for bad language. Being a dick, yeah, we've banned seven people in eight years for that offence. Hardliners, that's us...
    My point, which you so eloquently ignore, is that all the problems that did & still do exist were NOT sorted by your beloved FCP when it did exist.
    And my point, which you're ignoring with all the grace of a bull in an industrial plastic shredder, is that the problems were not stopped from arising by the FCP because they arose before the FCP was founded; and they weren't solved by the FCP because shooters smothered the FCP in the crib before that could happen. If it had had more time, the FCP could have solved most of the problems. It wouldn't have been terribly sexy and dramatic, people wouldn't have gotten their names in the paper as leading the charge, it was a quieter process, whose outcome was more binding and longer-lasting than adversarial court cases and whose approach was more realisitic than sending in illegal proposals on the sly; but it would have gotten the job done and to anyone who was results-oriented, it was a better solution than anything we've had before or since.
    So the court cases didn't work BUT neither did the FCP ;)
    Do you like your pre-populated licence form? Do you like being able to licence pistols, and having a quick and easy legal method to reintroduce fullbore pistols and amend the conditions on the smallbore pistols being licenced now?
    We didn't get those through court cases (and we've had lots of other threads listing the other things the FCP was able to solve before our own side sank it).
    On that note I'll retire from this discussion :)
    Until you re-reg again you mean bunny shooter?
    Try to learn what actually happened next time, would you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,981 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Until shooters convince the serving or any potential Government that we are a big enough voting group to make a difference in a election

We're not...people forget that the majority of firearms owners in Ireland are farmers...who vote on the back of farming issues..not shooting ones. The people who shoot for sport are a minority amongst the 200k+ firearms licenced here..we're an irrelevancy really..I don't think the question of how we will vote keeps politicans up at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Blay wrote: »
    This thread is on course to be an absolute clusterfcuk already:pac:

I agree with this.

Vizzy wrote: »
    I agree with this.
    You're not the only one. The thread's closed; if folk want to sign that petition, the link's up there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement