Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband options in rural Westmeath

• 23-09-2012 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm living a few KMs outside of Mullingar and have been stuck with 2mb broadband that is driving me up the wall. If anyone else even looks at it I get a serious decrease in my connection quality.

There is no fiber out in the fields which rules out UPC, and I don't expect Eircom to put any effort into getting any proper infrastructure out here before the year 2176, which unless I am mistaken rules out all the other fixed-line ISPs. Satellite is not an option either because I need a rock-solid connection (gaming etc).

Do I have ANY options for getting a higher linespeed or am I going to be eternally damned to the caveman internet speeds that Eircom seems to think is acceptable?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭New build in sight

Greylor wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm living a few KMs outside of Mullingar and have been stuck with 2mb broadband that is driving me up the wall. If anyone else even looks at it I get a serious decrease in my connection quality.

There is no fiber out in the fields which rules out UPC, and I don't expect Eircom to put any effort into getting any proper infrastructure out here before the year 2176, which unless I am mistaken rules out all the other fixed-line ISPs. Satellite is not an option either because I need a rock-solid connection (gaming etc).

Do I have ANY options for getting a higher linespeed or am I going to be eternally damned to the caveman internet speeds that Eircom seems to think is acceptable?

I know this is an old ish post now but my search for a similar question brought me to you... Did u ever get a solution? Pls say u did ;)

Advertisement