Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Sugar Club's appauling staff.

Options
  • 23-09-2012 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

About a month ago i went to a Burlesque show in the Sugar club. I had a good night but what ruined it for me was the wait at the bar for a drink. There were about 4 or 5 bar staff on at the time and i couldnt believe the pace they were working at, people were literally waiting 20-30 mins to get a drink on a not so majorly busy night , on top of this the staff were unbelievably rude and didnt crack a smile all night . By all means i left the place thinking ugh i dont think i'll be coming back to this establishment.......unfortunatly this didnt happen as my friend invited me to a gig there last night. The show was brilliant but once again i was appauled by the incompetance of the staff and their rudeness apart from one nice tall guy who seemed to be the only person working in the place. We arrived in early, just after doors opened and spent plenty of money on drinks all night albeit we had to wait for them. Towards the end of the night after a few drinks too many i decided to start drinking water. When i asked for a glass of water i recieved a boiling hot glass straight out of the dishwasher without any ice in it. when i asked for ice from the moody foreign blonde behind the bar i was given a filthy look and a sigh. she picked up a scoop of ice and pretty much through it into the glass as if to say hears your ice bitch. A little while later i went to the bar again to ask for another glass of water and as i had expected, i recieved the exact same treatment. From the same staff member.

As a former waitress and bartender i cannot understand how people with a visible bad attitude like this can get a job in the service industry and be allowed to treat paying customers like this. As many people would agree good service in an establishment is imperative to get returning customers. I will certainly not be returning to the sugar club and i would advise the management to sort their staff out by not only giving them a kick up the arse and telling them to work harder but to make sure they adjust their attitudes and start doing what they are employed to do, Serve drinks as quickly as possibly with a polite and friendly demeanor.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

Who cares? You sound like a total wagon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭GoldenTickets

dunners7 wrote: »
    I will certainly not be returning to the sugar club

Fair play to the Sugar Club staff, by the sounds of this they've ensured their job will be that bit easier from here on out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Did you contact the club with your complaints? It might be more effective than posting it on a forum site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

latenia wrote: »

Why? I can see nothing wrong with the OP. Sounds like a legitimate complaint to me. You on the other hand....Better not say. Good manners and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

You probably work there. A person who visited a venue in Dublin and who had a bad experience there, went to a public discussion forum and aired their grievances about said bad service. What's so bad about that? Accepting bad service such not be the norm.. OP as someone else has said, if you feel strongly enough, you should send an e-mail to the club, highlighting your concerns.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Yeah they are dreadful. I was there recently and the bar staff were slow and rude. I havent been back nor do I intend to. I wouldnt even be bothered writing to them tbh, that kind of bad attitude is usually from the top down so itd be a waste of time. Vote with your feet, go somewhere where the staff treat customers properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

I can't comment because I have never been there, however it hasn't stopped me commenting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

Why? I can see nothing wrong with the OP. Sounds like a legitimate complaint to me. You on the other hand....Better not say. Good manners and all that.

Slow service and a perceived moment of incivility from one staff member? This could be any place in the city on a busy night. Signing up to a message board in pursuit of some vindictive 'name and shame' exercise is just a bit over the top don't you think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Slow service and a perceived moment of incivility from one staff member? This could be any place in the city on a busy night. Signing up to a message board in pursuit of some vindictive 'name and shame' exercise is just a bit over the top don't you think?

Nope. But calling the OP 'a total wagon' is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

dunners7 wrote: »
    moody foreign blonde

Was she hot?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭leddpipe

this post is the epitome of First World Problems

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

You sound like the wagon to me! It's a fair complaint to make and if you don't care then dont post.

Unfortunately bad service in clubs in Dublin is fairly common IMO. I can understand working in a club can be stressful and fast paced but it wouldn't kill the bar staff to crack a smile. When i ask for a pint in a club some bar staff make it out as they are doing me a huge favour.

But as someone else said, just vote with your feet!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,772 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

If you can't have a civil discussion there's little point in leaving this thread open. I'll review in full later & may be in touch with one or two of you.

tHB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement