Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ecology topics in Biology?

• 23-09-2012 5:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭

Just revising some parts of Ecology for a test tomorrow and I forget if some parts are in the section or not. :o

I know that all about the qualitative and quantitative surveys are in it/competition/niche/organisms/role of organisms/food web and chains..

Completely forget if stuff like Respiration/ Photosynthesis or Enzymes are apart of Ecology? If someone could give me a basic outline of the parts of Ecology I would be grateful ! :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

ray2012 wrote: »
    Just revising some parts of Ecology for a test tomorrow and I forget if some parts are in the section or not. :o

I know that all about the qualitative and quantitative surveys are in it/competition/niche/organisms/role of organisms/food web and chains..

Completely forget if stuff like Respiration/ Photosynthesis or Enzymes are apart of Ecology? If someone could give me a basic outline of the parts of Ecology I would be grateful ! :cool:

Firstly Respiration, Photosynthesis and Enzymes are not part of Ecology but are vitally important to study nonetheless.

What I'd recommend is:
    - Definitions (Habitat, Biosphere, Competition etc.)
    - Food chain (4 trophic levels)
    - Pyramid of Numbers
    - Inverted Pyramid of Numbers
    - Abiotic factors
    - Biotic factors
    - Carbon & Nitrogen cycle
    - Ecology field study (Experiments you did)
    - Waste minimization (3 R's)
    - Pollution (Example of pollution)

There's more but you should be fine with those! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

Boeing777 wrote: »
    Firstly Respiration, Photosynthesis and Enzymes are not part of Ecology but are vitally important to study nonetheless.

What I'd recommend is:
    - Definitions (Habitat, Biosphere, Competition etc.)
    - Food chain (4 trophic levels)
    - Pyramid of Numbers
    - Inverted Pyramid of Numbers
    - Abiotic factors
    - Biotic factors
    - Carbon & Nitrogen cycle
    - Ecology field study (Experiments you did)
    - Waste minimization (3 R's)
    - Pollution (Example of pollution)

There's more but you should be fine with those! :)

Appreciate your reply! Gonna get started right away. :P Thanks Again!

Advertisement