Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got parking ticket but wrong street on ticket.

Options
  • 23-09-2012 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I got a parking ticket today when parked in wine st car part.

The ticket says that the location is Stephen st. Is this a valid ticket. Anyone any experience of a similar situation in sligo.

I would have a visa receipt for tesco for the same time.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Did you commit the offence?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

juan.kerr wrote: »

Yes but not in the location listed on the ticket. So I committed an offence but not in the location mentioned on the ticket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Sounds like you should pay up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭mongoman

Sounds like you should pay up.

There was an article in The Champion awhile aback, which mentioned that an awful lot of people don't even bother paying parking fines. I got a parking ticket once, it was back in 2007 and I totally forgot about it. I actually found the ticket about 3 years later, when I was chucking out an old pair of jeans. So OP if I was you, I wouldn't be panicking.

I was thinking of querying the validity of the ticket with them, when the traffic warden could not even get the ticket right.

I think it is shocking that Sligo Co Co. Would patrol a half empty carpark on Sunday to hound out the last few shoppers.

Probably need the revenue though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

dingding wrote: »
    I was thinking of querying the validity of the ticket with them, when the traffic warden could not even get the ticket right.

I think it is shocking that Sligo Co Co. Would patrol a half empty carpark on Sunday to hound out the last few shoppers.

Probably need the revenue though.

Or on a Sunday lunch time to catch out those who had parked there Saturday night or who had came to Sligo for the afternoon for what ever reason.

Seen a warden there last year bang on 12.30 during the Streets of Sligo 5km, when some were just finishing the race, or recovering and chatting to friends and family before heading back to their cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭TheQ47

Yes but not in the location listed on the ticket. So I committed an offence but not in the location mentioned on the ticket.

Well, if you weren't parked in the location listed on the ticket at the time and date mentioned, then technically you didn't commit that particular offence. If I'm not mistaken, the offence was that you parked in an illegal manner in the location and at the time and date mentioned on the ticket.

I had one a number of years ago, for not paying for parking in Stephen St Car Park, but the warden had written "94-SO-????" as the reg instead of "94-D-????". Therefore, as far as I was concerned, the offence as listed didn't take place. I did nothing about it, and nothing happened.

However, I'm not a lawyer, and am not purpoting to give legal advice in any way.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

TheQ47 wrote: »
    Well, if you weren't parked in the location listed on the ticket at the time and date mentioned, then technically you didn't commit that particular offence. If I'm not mistaken, the offence was that you parked in an illegal manner in the location and at the time and date mentioned on the ticket.

I had one a number of years ago, for not paying for parking in Stephen St Car Park, but the warden had written "94-SO-????" as the reg instead of "94-D-????". Therefore, as far as I was concerned, the offence as listed didn't take place. I did nothing about it, and nothing happened.

However, I'm not a lawyer, and am not purpoting to give legal advice in any way.:D

You are quite correct sir - now off to Kings Inns and get that degree.

To the OP, you are innocent of the offence that you have been accused of. The fact that you offended elsewhere is of no interest to the specifics of your ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 duckie80

totally agree to the majority of posters, wrong street mate invalid ticket..
    How long were you over your time..

Last year my mother parked in wine st, got back to the car and found a ticket on it, knowing she had a whole 10 minutes to spear she warden still decided to fine her, off she headed to the town hall and got it cleared..checky fe<ker
    Do they get bonus, the more slips they land back with the bigger the bonus will be ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Hobbitfeet

I thought it was free to park in tesco car park on a Sunday????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Hobbitfeet wrote: »

Nope. Restrictions are from 12 or 12.30. As is Stephen Street, I discovered that one, bumping into one of the wardens only a few minutes after restrictions started.

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Hobbitfeet

irish-stew wrote: »
    Hobbitfeet wrote: »

Nope. Restrictions are from 12 or 12.30. As is Stephen Street, I discovered that one, bumping into one of the wardens only a few minutes after restrictions started.

:mad:
    Well I have been very lucky then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭SligoLady

You ain't got nothin on me OP, I got a parking ticket 2 weeks ago at 12.30pm outside my office. As soon as I saw the warden I ran straight out, accepted my fate of paying the €40 fine and drove home for lunch. I then parked in the Glasshouse as per usual at 2.25pm, and being efficient as ever went straight around to the Council to pay my fine (receipt says I paid at 2.33pm). I got a 'Final Reminder' in the post today to pay the fine so, blaming inefficiency on their part, I called into the Council earlier to let them know that I had in fact paid the fine. Turns out, the warden had issued his next ticket at 2.32pm (whilst I was in the Council paying my fine and my van was in the Glasshouse!), with the same road and my reg number on it! He obviously never cleared his machine to type in the reg of whatever car he was giving a ticket too. Council essentially didn't believe me and are saying that I can appeal it but that it's my word against the wardens so if he doesn't admit to his mistake and approve the appeal then it's my tough luck. Now I've to waste a whole lot of time trying to track down the warden and have him call to the Glasshouse who can vouch that I was parked there at the time. So annoyed over the whole thing and such a huge waste of my time.. Grrr!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

SligoLady wrote: »
    You ain't got nothin on me OP, I got a parking ticket 2 weeks ago at 12.30pm outside my office. As soon as I saw the warden I ran straight out, accepted my fate of paying the €40 fine and drove home for lunch. I then parked in the Glasshouse as per usual at 2.25pm, and being efficient as ever went straight around to the Council to pay my fine (receipt says I paid at 2.33pm). I got a 'Final Reminder' in the post today to pay the fine so, blaming inefficiency on their part, I called into the Council earlier to let them know that I had in fact paid the fine. Turns out, the warden had issued his next ticket at 2.32pm (whilst I was in the Council paying my fine and my van was in the Glasshouse!), with the same road and my reg number on it! He obviously never cleared his machine to type in the reg of whatever car he was giving a ticket too. Council essentially didn't believe me and are saying that I can appeal it but that it's my word against the wardens so if he doesn't admit to his mistake and approve the appeal then it's my tough luck. Now I've to waste a whole lot of time trying to track down the warden and have him call to the Glasshouse who can vouch that I was parked there at the time. So annoyed over the whole thing and such a huge waste of my time.. Grrr!

That's mad. I hope you get it sorted out.

Paid the ticket on-line anyway.

To much hassle to fight it.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Bebo stunnah

Hi,

I got a parking ticket today when parked in wine st car part.

The ticket says that the location is Stephen st. Is this a valid ticket. Anyone any experience of a similar situation in sligo.

I would have a visa receipt for tesco for the same time.

Cheers

The fact you have a receipt for Tesco wont tell them where you were parked.
    But just to mention a slightly different experience. A friend of mine put a ticket on their car, parked on Castle street, but used a machine on another street (think it might have been Teeling street) And the warden issued her a ticket for not using the proper ticket.

If it were me, I wouldnt bother with it, what's good for the goose and all that

Advertisement