Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jewellery - where to buy it?

Options
  • 23-09-2012 6:38pm

I was wondering if anyone can recommend a decent site (preferably UK-based) to get jewellery - barbells, CBRs etc. I'm especially looking for some twisted barbell type things for lobe piercings, the ones with little arrows or balls on the ends (something like this http://www.piercings-body.com/steel_ball_spiral_barbell_16ga.html).

Just looking for a decent site with sterile jewellery made from surgical steel or titanium with reasonable prices and delivery time. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I've bought from here a few times, never had an issue. Good prices, good quality and fast delivery. Good selection of styles and metals too.

http://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/online_store/

• Brilliant thanks - which gauge should I order for a normal lobe piercing (it's been a while)?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I would say 16 and upwards is fine. Might be ok with 14, but I'm no expert :P

• Really nice jewellery on there but the spiral type things I was looking for seem to only be available in 14 gauge... they look really thick on the photos. I think they're meant for other places rather than lobes :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Really nice jewellery on there but the spiral type things I was looking for seem to only be available in 14 gauge... they look really thick on the photos. I think they're meant for other places rather than lobes :(

Not necessarily. You could stretch to 14g if you really want to wear these, 'standard' ear piercings are generally between 16 and 20g. 14g isn't very thick really- 16g is 1.2mm and 14g is 1.6mm, it's not such a noticeable difference. If your piercings are a very small gauge you might want to wear something in 16g for about a month before wearing 14g though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement