Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec Alarm Installation Manual

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I'd be interested in that.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Astec master

As soon as they let me know what and who they are going to sell to i will let you know

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

I know from a good source that they have a qty of s22 and bells and some other stuff that they are going to offer as a last time buy which may include some fusion panels and all pcb types......we will just have to wait and see

Yea heard that but its mainly 2 wire devices, Fusion keypads, PCBs, no S22s. Another option if the bell wont work is to put an internal bell inside the external SABB. It will get you out of a hole if your stuck ;)

The other thing you could do is use an S21 and change the red led to a hi-bright white led ,but you would need some weather protcecting on the pcb as this was for use indoors .....

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭king size mars bar

low battery message flashing on the keypad display, whats this all about?

• Advertisement

low battery message flashing on the keypad display, whats this all about?

It is the battery in the control panel.
    The replacement battery you need is a 12V 2.1 Amp battery.

altor wrote: »
    It is the battery in the control panel.
    The replacement battery you need is a 12V 2.1 Amp battery.
    so its not a big job then to replace?

so its not a big job then to replace?

Thee only thing to look out for is you do not want to touch the PCB with screws when removing them or a screw driver touching the board.
    If you short out the board in any way you could potentially blow the system.
    Astec are now gone so a replacement board will be hard to find.
    Another thing to note is when screwing the PCB back in place watch the battery leads are out of the way in with the battery. You will see where there are when removing the old one.

If your not confident to do it then get an installer to.

Down power the system on the mains.
    Open control panel lid.
    Disconnect the battery link located at the top left of the PCB as you look at it.
    Unscrew 3 screws which hold lid second cover in place.
    Unscrew two screws which hold the PCB on the system.
    Disconnect the battery, replace with new one checking polarity connections.
    Then Fit PCB, second panel cover.
    Put in battery link.
    Go to keypad and turn off the system to stop alarm sounding.
    Fit top cover then turn back on the mains.

The alarm box outside with ring when doing this. If should turn off after 20 minutes or when you are finished and input the user code to disarm.

I'd say i'll f it up if i went at it, would an installer charge much for this job?

I'd say i'll f it up if i went at it, would an installer charge much for this job?

Looks harder than it is.
    Call out and battery. Shop around is your best bet.

• Advertisement

would this have to be put right straight away or is the alarm alright to use while i'm waiting to get it fixed?

would this have to be put right straight away or is the alarm alright to use while i'm waiting to get it fixed?

A low battery on a system can cause issues.
    Remember no back up battery will mean if the mains is off so is your alarm.
    If you can disconnect the battery link in the panel that will help while your waiting to get it fixed.

Ok i'd prob be better off getting it done asap so, thanks for all your help :-)

Ok i'd prob be better off getting it done asap so, thanks for all your help :-)

Your welcome, Any other problems let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 jpk1976

Hi....would it be possible for someone to send me on the installation manual for an astec 63dv system please---I would like a bit more knowledge before I attempt to change the battery myslef.
    Thanks a million.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I'm PMing you that manual now.
    If you need any help give us a shout.

The manual will not give you any help in changing the battery

• Registered Users Posts: 1 albione

Hi!
    KoolKid I am looking for astec 63 installing manual if you have it would be great, I just moved in the new house, but didn't get any code for the alarm system.
    Thanks!

I PMed you that manual.
    Lets know how you get on. If you need any help you know where we are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 teaners

Hi Koolkid,

I have just moved into a house with a faulty Astec 63D alarm.
    I need to move a few sensors around and would appreciate it if you would send me the Engineers manual.

Regards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Fabarm

Hi,
    Just found out that Astec were apparently liquidated a while back. I have the user manual but was hoping to get the installation manual for my Astec 49. Also are the chubby inertia sensors available anywhere.Emailed HKC & Rtcomms last week but got no response?
    Many thanks

teaners wrote: »
    Hi Koolkid,

I have just moved into a house with a faulty Astec 63D alarm.
    I need to move a few sensors around and would appreciate it if you would send me the Engineers manual.

Regards.

PMed you that manual,
    Fabarm wrote: »
    Hi,
    Just found out that Astec were apparently liquidated a while back. I have the user manual but was hoping to get the installation manual for my Astec 49. Also are the chubby inertia sensors available anywhere.Emailed HKC & Rtcomms last week but got no response?
    Many thanks

PMed you the manuals
    The Astec inertia contacts are scarce now.
    Try IDAS
    Other than that normal shock sensors will work fine & the contact part can be converted using 680 ohm resistors.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Fabarm

Thanks for the help Koolkid - much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jamesbyrne1706

Hi, I've just moved into a new apartment and am having an issue with one of the sensors. Could someone maybe send me the engineers manual, It is an astec 63d. Many thanks in advance.

I send you those manuals via PM.
    Any problems you know where we are.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jamesbyrne1706

Some speed there. Thanks KoolKid

Its all about the service in this business...;):)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 jpk1976

Thanks very much Koolkid and astec master---if I can get the engineer code and enter it before opening the panel---and also use the plug to close the lid tamper---will this prevent the alarm sounding while I am changing the battery---thanks lads.

jpk1976 wrote: »
    If I can get the engineer code and enter it before opening the panel---and also use the plug to close the lid tamper---will this prevent the alarm sounding while I am changing the battery---thanks lads.

One the alarm sounds you just enter your user code on the keypad to silence the alarm.
    The external bell should ring for 20 minutes when you down power the system either way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 dogrady76

Hi. I've also lost my installation guide for my astec alarm. I never changed the engineering code and now I need to reposition a sensor to a new door. Racking my brains to remember but I can't. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement