Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sam homecoming info

• 23-09-2012 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

could anyone please post here any details of the homecoming as soon as they become available

dont want a bitchfest about the wheres and whys, just details

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Ayla

All I know is that all of Donegal Town is earmarked for homecoming all day on Monday (tomorrow). Parking is completely restricted for everyone except employees (although I have no idea how they're going to enforce that). The chamber even mentioned that our private business carpark wouldn't be safe b/c it'd likely be used for "overflow"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,434 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

no parking from 4pm signs on the diamond , rumour has it team supposed to arrive at 8:30pm. beer in our office :D

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭creaghadoos

in 92 it reached bundoran about 10-11pm
    seemed poorly organised back then, if organised properly it will get some crowd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

in 92 it reached bundoran about 10-11pm
    seemed poorly organised back then, if organised properly it will get some crowd

And Donegal Town at about 1am I have been told. Was asking the question last night, wonder if it will enter at Pettigo, or Bundoran this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭theblueirish

Can I just say from a Tyrone man exiled to Donegal, well done lads!!!!!

• Advertisement

irish-stew wrote: »
    And Donegal Town at about 1am I have been told. Was asking the question last night, wonder if it will enter at Pettigo, or Bundoran this time.

rumour has it that they are coming through pettigo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

For those of us who can't make the homecoming; showcase channel 192 on sky, Donegal homecoming starting at 8 pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 510 ✭✭✭feelpablo

Due into Donegal Town at 8:00 pm........gonna be electric

Any twitter feeds tracking the teams journey home?

Nothing on Hoganstand Donegal barr the result and Jimmy asking one of the reporters to leave at last nights/this mornings press conference, and Donegal GAA not updated since May.

Ayla wrote: »
    All I know is that all of Donegal Town is earmarked for homecoming all day on Monday (tomorrow). Parking is completely restricted for everyone except employees (although I have no idea how they're going to enforce that). The chamber even mentioned that our private business carpark wouldn't be safe b/c it'd likely be used for "overflow"

Just heard on Ocean there will be signs for parking on all three approaches to the town.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

irish-stew wrote: »
    Any twitter feeds tracking the teams journey home?

Nothing on Hoganstand Donegal barr the result and Jimmy asking one of the reporters to leave at last nights/this mornings press conference, and Donegal GAA not updated since May.

@officialdonegal were updating all day yesterday. I don't know if that's the real GAA one or not but they were in Croker yesterday, seemed to be with the team anyway.

P.S. Why do they come in that way, through Pettigo like? Don't they do most of their training in Letterkenny and Castlefinn? And play in Ballybofey? Not complaining like, just wondering why Donegal Town seems to be their base when they spend most of their time in other parts of the county.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,199 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Glenman wrote: »
    For those of us who can't make the homecoming; showcase channel 192 on sky, Donegal homecoming starting at 8 pm.

Just checked the sky tv guide online and they have the program beginning at 6 and ending at 9. Hope the team get there by then

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭martyeds

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Just checked the sky tv guide online and they have the program beginning at 6 and ending at 9. Hope the team get there by then

I checked sky planner online but cant see that programme.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭martyeds

martyeds wrote: »
    I checked sky planner online but cant see that programme.

Sorry i now that Showcase 2 are showing homecoming at 8 until 11.

the worlds press gather
    221843.jpg

well rte anyway (and some crowd called irishtv.ie)

I got the following from the Irish TV facebook page;

The Donegal Homecoming will be coming to you live from the Diamond in Donegal Town tonight at 8pm on SKY Showcase 2 (channel 192) and online on www.irishtv.ie and www.donegal.tv. Tune in to be part of the action and see Jim and his boys bring Sam back to the hills of Donegal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Firblog

Latest eta is the team to arrive between 8.30 - 8.45

Very reliable source :D

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

The excitement of when they'll actually turn up is as much craic....
    Do the donegal.tv and irishtv.ie sites work or do you need pluggins? They seem to be hanging on me.

Drove though town ealier, tis looking well. Heading back in shortly, any updates on the crowd?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

According to RTE they're running a bit behind schedule. Expected in Petigo within the next hour, get off the bus, walk across the border with Sam, get back on the bus to Donegal town. Get on an open top bus just outside Donegal town and then on into the diamond. Expected about 9.

Expecting about 20,000 later on, entertainment from Daniel, Margo and Rory Gallagher doing Jimmy's Winning Matches.

• Advertisement

PauloConn wrote: »
    The excitement of when they'll actually turn up is as much craic....
    Do the donegal.tv and irishtv.ie sites work or do you need pluggins? They seem to be hanging on me.
    I think the streaming should work once the programme comes on air at 8pm..well I hope so anyway!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,199 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

CastorTroy wrote: »

Ah yeah I see it in the planner here now. 8-11. Probably going to be the most viewers Showcase 2 have ever got. :P

Loads of ppl streaming in from northern side of town as I was going home just now..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭apache

Glenman wrote: »

Thanks for that. I just checked planner. Showcase 1 i can get but showcase 2 has no signal on my sky set up. Thats the channel homecoming is on! Damn it anyway. Anybody else having this problem?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Of course, Showcase works on free-to-air and Freesat systems too, it's a free channel on satellite.

Others on Twitter worth following are @oceanfmireland and @oceanfmsport

IrishTV.ie and Donegal.TV server seems to be under a lot of stress. Keep trying and the site may work eventually. It's not designed to support so much web traffic I guess.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Noticed this on IrishTV FB page...
    My goodness there tens of thousands of people on the Diamond for the Donegal homecoming!

it seems like there's tens of thousands of you logging on to www.irishtv.ie as well. if you experience any problems with the site, as traffic is very heavy, you can also see our programme on www.information.tv and follow the links for to watch Showcase 2 live.

Not long now until the team get here, up Donegal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,438 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

theres a link to watch showcase live on that information.tv webpage...is working fine for me, although its about some irish music fest in dunlewey!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Well that was short lived. They showed about 2 seconds from what seemed to be the Diamond live and then it froze so they are showing the "out and about" program instead. :(

Off the ball show on newstalk say the bus is still 4 miles from pettigo at the min an will walk Sam across the border..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭sob1467

Showcase 2 is channel 192 on Sky and also available on Freesat see this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056763544

Advertisement