Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sam homecoming info

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭martyeds

At the end of the broadcast on 212, the guy said it was be shown tomorrow from 6......did anyone else hear that. Not sure if he meant online or on tv.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

A3oYVc5CIAA52Qt.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 46,100 ✭✭✭✭muffler

martyeds wrote: »
    At the end of the broadcast on 212, the guy said it was be shown tomorrow from 6......did anyone else hear that. Not sure if he meant online or on tv.
    I caught the last few minutes of whatever was on channel 212 and there was something mentioned about the homecoming being shown today but I didnt catch any other details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭shiibata

Ardara 4pm
    Ballybofey 6pm

Will do well to get through Glenties, Fintown and Glenfin without a pitstop..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

where'd you get that info?

Any word on LK?

edit oh wait see the image now, site was blocked till i used the phone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Ayla

Ha, is that timeline based on purely driving through the towns with no stops? Because if not it's 100% guaranteed to fail. They'd be lucky to get to L'k at midnight with that route!

Ayla wrote: »
    Ha, is that timeline based on purely driving through the towns with no stops? Because if not it's 100% guaranteed to fail. They'd be lucky to get to L'k at midnight with that route!

Agree, text a few glenswilly lads a while ago saying they would be lucky to see Sam tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭NewBeefFarmer

im working away from Donegal, and had to leave yesterday before homecoming last night, saw it on sky 212,

if anyone has any info on celebrations this weekend in Donegal, pleases let me know as im coming home. . would love to see SAM.. .

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 46,100 ✭✭✭✭muffler

im working away from Donegal, and had to leave yesterday before homecoming last night, saw it on sky 212,

if anyone has any info on celebrations this weekend in Donegal, pleases let me know as im coming home. . would love to see SAM.. .

thanks
    No need for another thread. Moved to the thread on this topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,384 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

left donegal town about 13:30
    A3oYVc5CIAA52Qt.jpg

work of pure fiction

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭overshoot

Tuesday, 25th. September, 2012

Bundoran 12.00
    Ballyshanon 12.30
    Mountcharles 13.00
    Dunkineely 13.20
    Killybegs 13.45
    Kilcar 14.30
    Carrick 15.15
    Ardara 16.00
    Ballybofey 18.00
    Glenswilly 19.00
    Letterkenny 20.00

Wednesday, 26th. September, 2012

Termon 13.00
    Downings 13.45
    Naomh Mícheál 14.30
    Falcarragh 15.15
    Gaoth Dobhair 16.00
    Maomh Muire 18.00
    Dungloe 18.45
    Na Rossa 17.30
    Glenties 20.15

Thursday, 27th. September, 2012

Glenfin 12.00
    Killygordan 12.45
    Castlefin 14.00
    Lifford 14.30
    Convoy 15.00
    Newtowncunningham15.30
    Burt 16.00
    Muff 16.15
    Carndonagh 17.00
    Malin 17.45
    Urris 18.20
    Buncrana 19.30
    they are certainly ambitious! theres the full county tour

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

just arrived in Bundoran now according to twitter

left donegal town about 13:30

work of pure fiction

I got that off the twitter that was with the team yesterday and Sunday. Did seem rather ambitious. Apparently lots of people showed up in Donegal Town this morning again and they're behind by over an hour already.

p.s. an hour and 15 mins from Killygordan to Castlefin on Thursday. Are they walking?

p.s. an hour and 15 mins from Killygordan to Castlefin on Thursday. Are they walking?

Might be getting a bite to eat in McGlynns of Castlefin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

I got that off the twitter that was with the team yesterday and Sunday. Did seem rather ambitious. Apparently lots of people showed up in Donegal Town this morning again and they're behind by over an hour already.

Don't forget they do a lot of their training in that area so it makes sense for them to be there for a while.

Anyone know are they going around the schools like they did in 92 of just stopping off at the clubs?

shiibata wrote: »
    Might be getting a bite to eat in McGlynns of Castlefin

Maybe, but from that schedule it looks like they're in Killygordan for an hour and only in Castlefin for half an hour. I'm sure it'll be way off their schedule anyway.

Rumours flying around now saying that the county board have done this on badness as a way of sticking 2 fingers up at letterkenny chamber for trying to get the main homecoming.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

danniemcq wrote: »
    just arrived in Bundoran now according to twitter
    Is there a link to an official twitter or are these updates coming from local randomers? (I suck at the tweet machine:o)

Don't forget they do a lot of their training in that area so it makes sense for them to be there for a while.

Anyone know are they going around the schools like they did in 92 of just stopping off at the clubs?

It was later in the year when they went around the schools after the win in 1992. Actually think it was 93 when they did school in my area.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Rumours flying around now saying that the county board have done this on badness as a way of sticking 2 fingers up at letterkenny chamber for trying to get the main homecoming.

If so, they're also sticking two fingers up at the people who live in the biggest town in the county.

• Advertisement

Doing what? According to Highland, they're finishing up in Letterkenny tonight.:confused:

Based on progress so far, we could be meeting them in the morning when we're going to work.:D

Doing what? According to Highland, they're finishing up in Letterkenny tonight.:confused:

Based on progress so far, we could be meeting them in the morning when we're going to work.:D

The bit I've bolded, you've answered your own question. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Maybe, but from that schedule it looks like they're in Killygordan for an hour and only in Castlefin for half an hour. I'm sure it'll be way off their schedule anyway.

I thought it strange as well but don't forget their sponsors are Donegal Creameries so maybe stopping there for a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

overshoot wrote: »
    they are certainly ambitious! theres the full county tour

Full county tour? Nothing mentioned on the list about Fanad and there were at least 300 of us at the match and the same amount looking for tickets

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I thought it strange as well but don't forget their sponsors are Donegal Creameries so maybe stopping there for a bit.

Technically that's at the Cross, not Killygordon ;) Not much of a detour to make though.

edit: they're only in Dunkineely according to Ryan McHugh. Way behind schedule.

Moville is not mentioned in the Thursday, with the other Inishowen clubs,

Any update on the movement of the "tour" since?

Any update on the movement of the "tour" since?

Quick poke about on twitter tells me through Kilcar, not yet in Ardara.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Quote from IrishTV's Facebook page:
    The homecoming will be repeated this Thursday 27th September at 9pm on SKY 191/Freesat 400. It will also be available to view online on www.irishtv.ie and www.donegal.tv from tomorrow Wednesday 26th September.

• Advertisement

Were just out of Killybegs moving towards Kilcar at 6. Half ten in Letterkenny is starting to look very very optimistic.

Advertisement