Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sam homecoming info

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Are they actually in Killygordon now then? If someone could confirm that would be great. Also if people in towns to be visited would post when they leave their town that would help. Thanks folks

https://twitter.com/GregHughes2 has been updating most of the day. Says Killygordon at 15:05, new schedule says Lifford at 15:30, Raphoe 16:00, and Convoy 16:30.

I'd imagine that'll be changed too. It only allows 25 minutes from they got to Killygordon to get to Lifford. I'd say they'll be in Cstlefin for a bit longer than 5 minutes.

edit: https://twitter.com/chrismcnulty86 is also travelling about with them, or a bit ahead of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

you'd think someone would put a GPS tracker on the bus

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭theblueirish

just left lifford 30 seconds ago

Donegal Team schedule may be likely to change..It seems that it may now be more of a 'drive through' situation. Team exhausted
    Donegal Team looks like only stopping in Malin, Buncrana and Glwnswilly at this point - drive throughs in other towns
    My last tweets are for guidance only.There has been no official word from the County Board and it is only information as I am being told
    Team only stopping now at towns and clubs who have players in squad. Drive through at rest. They between lifford and Raphoe now
    Jim apologises in Raphoe: "we will be back in every town and every school in the coming weeks"

Not surprising really. Should have just done drive through in most of the towns/villages. They have the trophy for a full year, they'll get around to everyone eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭martyeds

What do you mean by just a drive through other towns......Do they actually get out of the bus?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

martyeds wrote: »
    What do you mean by just a drive through other towns......Do they actually get out of the bus?
    Like a drive by shooting.

Except they just flash Sam out the window :D:D:D

martyeds wrote: »

Don't know. I assume they'll just drive quite slowly trough the towns, give a wave. It's been confirmed now anyway.
    Official Donegal Team update. Will only stop in Malin, Buncrana and Glenswilly.Driving through other towns starting with Newtown at 5.30pm

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Leaving Newtown now.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 cappichino

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SGAnlNQM3w

follow this link .they got off a Newtown !

cappichino wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SGAnlNQM3w

follow this link .they got off a Newtown !

Left Malin 5 mins ago. Massive crowd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

Astonished to read on Twitter a Donegal player taking abuse for the crime of being exhausted on the 4th day of the tour. Just goes to show some people are not content until they have something to complain about.

Glenman wrote: »
    Astonished to read on Twitter a Donegal player taking abuse for the crime of being exhausted on the 4th day of the tour. Just goes to show some people are not content until they have something to complain about.

I saw that too. Shocking. I was surprised to hear they planned on touring the thing about at all this week. Fair play to them for doing it at all. I would have expected them to do their homecoming on Monday night and then have a week or so off before individual players brought Sam to their clubs. They went out of their way to make sure that as many people as possible got a chance to see it and the fact that one player looked a bit tired or whatever on the 4th day of it is too bad. Some people need a slap.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

I would say that Jim wanted to get most of the celebrations out of the way this week. It went on too long in 1992! The senior championship games are taking place this Sunday so that will help the player re-focus!

Glenman wrote: »

I saw that too. Shocking. I was surprised to hear they planned on touring the thing about at all this week. Fair play to them for doing it at all. I would have expected them to do their homecoming on Monday night and then have a week or so off before individual players brought Sam to their clubs. They went out of their way to make sure that as many people as possible got a chance to see it and the fact that one player looked a bit tired or whatever on the 4th day of it is too bad. Some people need a slap.[/Quote

Some people off the bandwagon already. This was probably someone who never went to a game in their life until last Sunday. Lads looked wrecked last night but happily signed autographs and posed for photos.

seen u today and even though yas have been wreaked these last few days u could atleast smile you despressing looking prick

This one was tweeted at Paddy McBrearty. You could kind of understand those people a bit annoyed that their town was at the end an only got a quick drive through, but where ever this girl was she actually got to see them and get pictures and what not but still wasn't happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,100 ✭✭✭✭muffler

seen u today and even though yas have been wreaked these last few days u could atleast smile you despressing looking prick
    Someone needs a kick in the hole

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Twitter does bring out the best in people!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭overshoot

This one was tweeted at Paddy McBrearty. You could kind of understand those people a bit annoyed that their town was at the end an only got a quick drive through, but where ever this girl was she actually got to see them and get pictures and what not but still wasn't happy.
    probably has a pic from it as her facebook profiler now:pac:
    fuck the begrudgers, they could have fallen off the bus and left sam under the pile of bodies and id still be proud of em

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

It seems that she knew's him in a round about way, she is friendly with his girlfriend. I think it was a joke gone bad myself. She didn't help herself with the way she replied to the triage of tweets she got off the back of it though :pac:

It seems that she knew's him in a round about way, she is friendly with his girlfriend. I think it was a joke gone bad myself. She didn't help herself with the way she replied to the triage of tweets she got off the back of it though :pac:

Could have been meant as a joke I suppose. He retweeted it though which drew a lot of attention to it, and as you say, her response to the people that were tweeting her about it didn't help her cause. If it was just a joke she could have just said it was instead of getting drawn into the argument.

That was just one example though. The guy off highland radio that was updating about where they were yesterday said something about people tweeting angry stuff at him after he said they were only driving through the last few towns. And something about people answering the phones getting a lot of abuse too. Not sure what that was about but there did seem to be a lot of angry folk yesterday evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,100 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Not sure what that was about but there did seem to be a lot of angry folk yesterday evening.
    The answer to that is the moon. Its full tomorrow night.

Anyone watch them on the Late Late? The whole team were carted out and Tubridy only spoke to Murphy and McGuinness very briefly and then sent them on their way. Shocking!
    After the week they've had I wouldn't have gone to Dublin for that.

Anyone watch them on the Late Late? The whole team were carted out and Tubridy only spoke to Murphy and McGuinness very briefly and then sent them on their way. Shocking!

I didn't expect they'd have that many there tbh, even our own Bibi only had Anthony and Brian McEniff, maybe somebody else but she had a full interview with them. Didn't see Dublin last year so I don't know if it was the same.

I'd say Jim will be careful to manage the celebrations carefully and having so many there was intentional. Keen to avoid some of the mistakes in 92.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭marnie d

K-9 wrote: »
    Keen to avoid some of the mistakes in 92.

I'm intrigued, I was only young then, can't remember the mistakes.

marnie d wrote: »
    I'm intrigued, I was only young then, can't remember the mistakes.

Well I suppose the star players attracted the high profile stuff and they also benefited more financially, it is public record in Sams for the Hills IIRC.

Jim was part of the panel and will be acutely aware of pitfalls like that. There'll be a players fund and any money will be distributed evenly, I'd bet my life on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭apache

I was watching it. In fairness they had a tough week and i was surprised they all made it. I was half expecting them to cancel!
    even for a bit on the late late is good and maybe rte were forewarned that they would only stay for a short while. Dunno?
    Anyway the lads must be shattered - they will be delighted to get out of there quick to a) lay their heads down or b) party in dublin :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭overshoot

apache wrote: »
    Anyway the lads must be shattered - they will be delighted to get out of there quick to a) lay their heads down or b) party in dublin :)
    to be honest id say the idea could half of been get them outta the county and a decent nights sleep... maybe the late late paid for beds for the lot of em (doubt it but who knows). first round proper of the donegal sfc this weekend, will be interesting to see how many play

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭apache

Looking on the bright side it could have been worse. They could have ended up like charlie bird. Jeez he was gaga :(

K-9 wrote: »
    I didn't expect they'd have that many there tbh, even our own Bibi only had Anthony and Brian McEniff, maybe somebody else but she had a full interview with them. Didn't see Dublin last year so I don't know if it was the same.

I'd say Jim will be careful to manage the celebrations carefully and having so many there was intentional. Keen to avoid some of the mistakes in 92.

Could be it all right. Mark McHugh was up in Dublin anyway so they could have just sent him on. Him and his dad could have been a decent interview, although not if Tubridy was doing it, I doubt he's watched 5 minutes of sport in his whole life.

I suppose having everybody there even if it's always Murphy and McGuinness that do the talking lets everyone be a part of everything and feel as important as everyone else. Jim's got his head screwed on when it comes to things like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,621 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Getting back to Sams tour, does anyone know if it will come back around during the next 12 months, maybe spending more time at local clubs for individual photo ops?

Advertisement