Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

boost download speeds on galaxy tab 2?

Options
  • 23-09-2012 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭

Is there any way to boost the speeds you get on the galaxy tab 2. I have 50megs coming into the house (I know I'm not going to get any where near that on a wireless connection). However the most I seem to be able to get on the tablet is 10/12 megs. Is this standard for tablets because of hardware or is there a way to boost the speeds?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭rcanpolat

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    Is there any way to boost the speeds you get on the galaxy tab 2. I have 50megs coming into the house (I know I'm not going to get any where near that on a wireless connection). However the most I seem to be able to get on the tablet is 10/12 megs. Is this standard for tablets because of hardware or is there a way to boost the speeds?

according to this sites specs it can only pull around 20

http://www.theverge.com/products/compare/5147/3129

with that in mind distance from the router has a lot to do with the speed. i have a 100mb connection. my laptop only pulls 80 when im standing beside the router. it pulls 60 on average. in the garden it pulls around 30. (apple macbook)

dont forget that if the tab cant broadcast back to the box fast enough its going to drop the over all speed. try do a packet loss test if you can. maybe something dodgy is happening over the wifi and if your loosing packets it has to re-download them causing a slower connection. do you have UPC? the cisco router ain't the strongest of wifi boxes. i suggest setting up an open wrt device into the cisco and let that handle the wifi. something beefy and strong.

also try change the wifi channels on the router, if the spectrum is populated by your neighbors its going to slow you down so change the channel. (i recommend you have a laptop connected to the router with ethernet doing this because if you pick a channel that your device doesn't support your wireless is dead and you will have to factory reset the router

Advertisement