Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movie being filmed in Sligo tomorrow

Options
  • 23-09-2012 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

The new John Michael McDonagh movie is being filmed in Mitchell Curley park and Kevinsfort in Sligo tomorrow. There is a load of movie vans and equipment up in the park at the min if anyone is interested.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

They are using Kevinsfort House as a location also.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭jazyguy

Im not sure what scenes are being filmed tomorrow but Brendan Gleeson, Chris O'Dowd, Aidan Gillen and Kelly Reilly are all in the movie. Here is a link for more info.

http://www.irishcentral.com/ent/The-Guard-director-teams-up-with-Brendan-Gleeson-for-Calvary--VIDEOS-167534095.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

They were shooting out around Sligo Airport and Strandhill yesterday. My interest was peaked when I seen an Aer Lingus plane landing and wondered what was happening so I went out for a nosey.

They must have a nice budget if they can get a plane down just for a day (damn it though, I thought we got our PSO back and flights were resuming).

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

was down in streedagh near grange yesterday saw a bit of the filming,saw Brendan Gleeson getting shot,very impressive set up,this has to be good for Sligo if this film has the success that the Gaurd had,the exposure will be good for the county.

Advertisement