Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Light Flashing On/Off

Options
  • 23-09-2012 8:06pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Quick question -

Anyone know why a light bulb would flash on and off, every one or two seconds? I've Googled but can't find anything online. Just changed the bulb there and it's still flashing, so not the bulb.

Any ideas? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

dory wrote: »
    Quick question -

Anyone know why a light bulb would flash on and off, every one or two seconds? I've Googled but can't find anything online. Just changed the bulb there and it's still flashing, so not the bulb.

Any ideas? :)

loose connection at either
    the
    bulb holder
    ceiling rose
    light switch
    different light
    different switch
    fuse board

check also that the fuse holder is screwed in tight(if you have an old type board)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

+1 to meercat

Please describe the type of light fitting as this may help us to assist you.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

2011 wrote: »
    +1 to meercat

Please describe the type of light fitting as this may help us to assist you.

Thanks guys! Looks like I'll have to call in the professionals. I don't know what kind of light fitting, but the bulb itself dangles from the ceiling, it's about 1 ft down from the ceiling. VEry old house and the electrics haven't been done for a very long time.

Advertisement