Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

That time of the year..

• 23-09-2012 8:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭

Well, look like its that time of the year, we are in the middle of Iraq down here..

A few of these bad boys in operation ..

Think it's the guy letting them off.

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,592 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

They're really pissing off my dog. Won't stop barking. Fecking dog

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

AFAIK, fireworks were banned in the republic because they were afraid the IRA would make bombs out of them. What does it say when even 9 year olds can source them from the black market?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Yet another advantage of living in the sticks.

They started already!

You can't even get them in the UK at this time of the year without special reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

I really hate this time of year. Just because of these things :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Yet another advantage of living in the sticks.

I use to live in the sticks but I remember I was riding my horse one day in a field beside the road and these two little scum bags threw about 4 bangers at me, que my horse going nuts and me falling off. I quickly called my dad and we chased after them in the jeep, there were loads of mumbled sorrys and tears while my dad thought them a lesson......never saw them again, hmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭darlett

"...blew a hole in a metal saucepan(bet mum loved that)...4 second quick fuse...this ones bent for some reason... These are great fun for messing around with I LOVE them..."

Well gee what could possibly go wrong :pac:

Why does he constantly refer to america and dollars? Is he fecking exporting them the wee cute soon-to-be-one-armed-entrepreneurial-bandit :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,443 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I really don't understand the appeal with bangers/black cats. They're fun for about 5 seconds after they go off then it's just meh. Maybe this is the reason people strap animals to them :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Always a load of travellers selling them at a nearby farmers market on the October bank holiday Monday before Halloween

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

You in heat again?

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,592 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I always remember sticking two black cats into a large tub of butter and throwing it onto someone conservatory. I remember the wet splodge as butter pretty much covered everything in sight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

antodeco wrote: »

Its probably hurting the dogs ears too. Try putting it in a quiet part of the house

Seriously cant stand the w*nkers setting off fireworks every 5 seconds. Get a bloody hobby will ya :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

antodeco wrote: »

Blu Tack in the dog's ears. Works every time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

syklops wrote: »
    AFAIK, fireworks were banned in the republic because they were afraid the IRA would make bombs out of them. What does it say when even 9 year olds can source them from the black market?

You can still make a bomb out of farm fertilizer...if you want to blow some body parts off.
    Not a lot of quality control goes into knock-off fireworks, the fuses may burn quicker than expected, good bye fingers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Its gets quieter and quieter every year in Dublin

Used to be like Beirut

SHAME ON YOU CHILDREN:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Slurryface

You can still make a bomb out of farm fertilizer...if you want to blow some body parts off.
    Not a lot of quality control goes into knock-off fireworks, the fuses may burn quicker than expected, good bye fingers.
    Well losing their fingers might teach them a lesson!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,133 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Its probably hurting the dogs ears too. Try putting it in a quiet part of the house

Seriously cant stand the w*nkers setting off fireworks every 5 seconds. Get a bloody hobby will ya :mad:

I remember reading about a case in the US a few years ago where someone's brother in law wasn't invited to the family barbecue, so he nipped round and threw a firework over the wall. Unfortunately the family dog picked it up and got its mouth blown off.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

I like them actually....live beside a not so nice part of Dublin so I'll hear them every night until Halloween.

As long as they keep their bangers to themselves at the luas stop we'll be alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

They started last week in my area. There's a little patch of wasteland beside the motorway and all the little knackbags congregate there.

To be honest I'd be quite happy to let them blow their fingers off if it wasn't for the annual stories of dogs and cats (and ducks :() being maimed with these things. Makes my heart break and my blood boil every time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement