Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using Irish phone in Australia

Options
  • 23-09-2012 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    I'm off to OZ with the girlfriend for at least a few years, she like most women is never off the phone to her pals:D people are telling her to sign up with the 3 network as they have free roaming so she could still call all her friends and it would be just local call charge, she'd also obviously get an oz phone to.

Anybody do this or have opinions on it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Hey,
    I'm off to OZ with the girlfriend for at least a few years, she like most women is never off the phone to her pals:D people are telling her to sign up with the 3 network as they have free roaming so she could still call all her friends and it would be just local call charge, she'd also obviously get an oz phone to.

I dont think 3 offer their Roaming service to Oz:
    http://apps.three.ie/roaming/roaming/view/prepay/au

Surely the obvious solution is to get an Oz smart phone with a good data plan there and use Skype or Viber (or whatever is cool right now) to call friends at home (who are using the same client). It would be effectively free (within the data plan).

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Pussnboots

Hey,

Yeah you can log onto Vodafone in oz ad they have bought out 3 over there, I am planning on doing the same, it was the only reason I went with 3, it's called three like home but the monthly cost is 90 euro a month!

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭podgie.

Pussnboots wrote: »
    Yeah you can log onto Vodafone in oz ad they have bought out 3 over there, I am planning on doing the same, it was the only reason I went with 3, it's called three like home but the monthly cost is 90 euro a month!

it's 50:50 joint venture. Three Ireland don't offer Three like home anymore for OZ.

Advertisement